FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan website always down (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1160828-aeroplan-website-always-down.html)

PreferBulkhead Dec 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Toronto - Bell as the provider - no issues using FF, IE, Chrome

boomstar Dec 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Alot of the time it doesnt work for me neither when I use IE... I can often fix this by just using Firefox. I'm on Bell as well

why fly Dec 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by boomstar (Post 15490721)
Alot of the time it doesnt work for me neither when I use IE... I can often fix this by just using Firefox. I'm on Bell as well

you would think AP would be looking into this issue... I wonder if they care?

PreferBulkhead Dec 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by why fly (Post 15490885)
you would think AP would be looking into this issue... I wonder if they care?

I have zero issues - so how does that play into your equation professor? :p

renagel Dec 20, 2010 8:02 pm

had this problem a couple of nights in a row
this was after midnight
bell internet

not a fan of bell internet
but the site was probably down for maintenance
was using firefox

atsak Dec 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Telus seems to be Aeroplan's internet provider.

Bell doesn't play nice with any other tier one internet providers in Canada (they expect them to pay for access to their network, the morons don't understand how the internet is supposed to work; seriously dislike most things about Bell; mind you they know how to fix a broken phone line if you have it).

So your traffic tends to go to the US then back up again to get to them.

Aeroplan could fix it by having both Bell and Telus as an internet provider, but who wants to do that with the ridiculous rates Bell charges.

Rejuvenated Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 15490559)
Toronto - Bell as the provider - no issues using FF, IE, Chrome

Leslieville to be more specific! ;) :p

jaysue Dec 29, 2010 7:06 am

Aeroplan site was up yesterday, down today - Bell is my ISP

PreferBulkhead Dec 29, 2010 7:34 am

Originally Posted by jaysue (Post 15541738)
Aeroplan site was up yesterday, down today - Bell is my ISP

No issues here and Bell is my ISP

fin 645 Dec 29, 2010 8:21 am

Just tried all the usual options (www.aeroplan.com, www1...., www2.... etc) and nothing works right now. Bell is ISP... It worked randomly over the holidays.

2MM_Guy Dec 29, 2010 8:25 am

Originally Posted by fin 645 (Post 15542099)
Just tried all the usual options (www.aeroplan.com, www1...., www2.... etc) and nothing works right now. Bell is ISP... It worked randomly over the holidays.

In reading the permutations of ISPs/Browsers, I am starting to wonder whether it is a caching issue.

callmethecat Dec 30, 2010 7:39 am

I had enought and finally called Bell yesterday, after getting passed arround and speaking to someone in Montreal they said this was a known issue with Aeroplan and they're working on it.

Flywaver Dec 30, 2010 9:12 am

In many cases I get members call me and say the web is down but I check and it works fine on my end. I wonder if it's Bell trying to block access to our site! :eek: :D

Seriously, I hope Bell fixes the issue real soon because it's an issue for both members and agents...it can be frustrating and there is nothing we can do about it! :(

RoninTech Dec 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Never any problems here. Used to use FF, now a Chrome user. I don't use Bell.

Rejuvenated Dec 30, 2010 10:41 pm

No problems in HK where we have been for almost 3 weeks and I've used the site regularly during this time span.