FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   eUpgrade credit purchase? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1160211-eupgrade-credit-purchase.html)

Rushfan1 Dec 15, 2010 6:20 am

eUpgrade credit purchase?

I can already anticipate the scenario where I will be 1 credit short (i.e. would have 16) and would love to have the ability to purchase (with cash or AP points) credits. I realize there could be limits in place annually and all that stuff. Hopefully there are plans to add one more tab to the eUpgrade page where such a purchase could be made. This would be especially warranted if credits expire at the end of February and thus you would lose your credit balance.

Thus it would also be nice to have all eUpgrade credits expire one year from date of issue, perhaps mitigating the need to require a credit purchase.

jarusoba Dec 15, 2010 6:35 am

I don't think AC would allow purchase of upgrade credits. Just like before, SSWUs can't be bought.

But I really hope that the credits will be valid for 1 year. AC hasn't really commented or committed to this.

The Lev Dec 15, 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 15453731)
But I really hope that the credits will be valid for 1 year. AC hasn't really commented or committed to this.

Sure they have - all credits expire Feb 29, 2012 (just like current certs). How much additional clarification do you need?

AY did also say that eUpgrades earned late in the 2011 year may have an expiry date of Feb 2013. Presumably all 2012 expired eUpgrades will be "taken" before any 2013 ones are touched.

Hopefully the wizards in the IT department have figured out a way to "blend" eUpgrades from two different years so we don't end up in a situation in February 2012 where we have say 10 left over eUpgrades from this year but need 14 for a trip but since we don't have the full amount they all get taken from the "fresh" batch, leaving us with stranded eUpgrades.

jarusoba Dec 15, 2010 10:13 am

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 15454606)
Sure they have - all credits expire Feb 29, 2012 (just like current certs). How much additional clarification do you need?

Not really. These are initial credits. Of course they would expire Feb 29, 2012. What if one crossed a threshold on Dec 31, 2011. Would the credits be valid until Dec 31, 2012?

Rushfan1 Dec 15, 2010 10:38 am

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 15453731)
I don't think AC would allow purchase of upgrade credits. Just like before, SSWUs can't be bought.

As you know, the currency has changed, we never would have received 95% of a SWU or SSWU cert before. Thus the reason I would like to top up if the remaining credit didn't expire within 12 months.