Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan tix overbooking?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Aeroplan tix overbooking?

The other day I booked an aeroplan ticket YYZ-ORD in Y on United (625am outbound on Dec 20).

I was looking today and noticed that United. com was only selling J seats now, and verified this through ITA.

I looked back on Aeroplan, and they are still "selling" econ tickets at the low award level.

This strikes me as very odd that UA is allowing star awards still on a full flight... any experience with this before?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:18 am

There are lots of Y seats available for sale on that flight. It's just that the cheapest UA fare on that route, with less than 10 days advance purchase, is a UA first class fare (actually a Q-UP fare).

So when you try to buy a ticket, the lowest fare is first class, but there are still lots of Y seats available (including awards) for sale on that flight.

It's the same thing on AC for that day. Exec First Lowest (Z class) is cheaper than Tango Plus (H class) since it doesn't have 10 day advance purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.