same-day changes at the airport (T+ fares)

Old Dec 12, 10, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
same-day changes at the airport (T+ fares)

Heres a question for the fare rule experts:

Same-day changes at the airport typically cost $100CAD, do the connecting cities have to be identical or only origin and destination?

E.g. if Im booked on FRA-YYZ-YVR, can I change to any flight like FRA-YOW/YUL/YYC/YYZ-YVR on AC metal, or do I have to stick to the FRA-YYZ-YVR routing? (I was considering this as there may be upgrade space on the day of departure on one of those flights and paying $100 would make sense)

Ive already looked at the fare rules which state:

PAX HOLDING CONFIRMED RESERVATION AND TICKETS ON AC OPERATED FLIGHTS ONLY MAY CONFIRM EARLIER/LATER SAME DAY FLIGHTS BETWEEN THE SAME ORIGIN/DEST./STP POINTS FOR A NON-REF FEE OF CAD 100.00

Does stopover points equal connecting cities? I though the term "stopover" was only used when referring to a connection >24h.

Thanks for any input!
Old Dec 12, 10, 10:31 pm

Programs: AC*E50K; AC*MM; EK Gold; SPG Plat
I believe that you can make the change as long as the Origin/Destination points are the same.
Old Dec 12, 10, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hertz 5*, Avis P+, Acc Plat, HY Exp, HH Gold, BonV Titanium
In my experience at the airport, you are able to change routings provided the new routing as the same number (or fewer) flight segments. AFAIK you cannot add flight segments.

For example, if my original itinerary was YYZ-YYC-YVR, I could change to YYZ-YEG-YVR or YYZ-YVR, but if your original routing was YYZ-YVR you could not change to YYZ-YEG/YYC-YVR.
Old Dec 12, 10, 11:05 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Does the original booking class have to be available?
Old Dec 12, 10, 11:10 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jarusoba View Post
Does the original booking class have to be available?
No. According to the fare rules there only needs to be seat in the booked class of service, the fare difference is not charged according to the fare rules.
Old Dec 12, 10, 11:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hertz 5*, Avis P+, Acc Plat, HY Exp, HH Gold, BonV Titanium
Original booking class does not have to be available for same day change; flight just can't be oversold in Y.
Old Dec 13, 10, 1:45 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by YEG USER View Post
In my experience at the airport, you are able to change routings provided the new routing as the same number (or fewer) flight segments. AFAIK you cannot add flight segments.

For example, if my original itinerary was YYZ-YYC-YVR, I could change to YYZ-YEG-YVR or YYZ-YVR, but if your original routing was YYZ-YVR you could not change to YYZ-YEG/YYC-YVR.
Perhaps that is the official rule but I've never had any problem adding segments.. probably depends on the agent though.

Search this Thread