Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC does well at best in business travel awards

Old Dec 10, 10, 9:55 am
Original Poster

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Busine....html?x=0&.v=1

NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- At an awards ceremony last night at the Sofitel Hotel in Los Angeles, Business Traveler magazine announced the winners of the 2010 "Best in Business Travel" Awards.

Of 53 awards presented, the evening's leading champion, Air Canada, took home a whopping five awards, including "Best North American Airline for International Travel" -- more than any other company recognized this year. In a spirited display of corporate pride, nearly a dozen members of the Air Canada team took to the stage to claim the awards, while the crowd cheered on.

Meanwhile, South Korea emerged as a leading force in world travel this year, with two of its airlines, Asiana Airlines and Korean Air, claiming three awards each.

And during a time when maneuvering through airports is bemoaned by many, Denver International Airport was named the "Best Airport in North America" for the sixth year running, delicately balancing passenger safety with providing an enjoyable experience.

InterContinental Hotels Group rounded out BT readers' top travel experiences this year with four awards in total, including one for Priority Club Rewards, named "Best Hotel Loyalty Program" of 2010.

Business Traveler, published 10 times a year, circulation 150,000, is the No. 1 source for business travelers that is both MRI- and BPA-certified. Geared toward high-income executives who spend a great deal on domestic and international travel, each issue brings the world of the traveling executive into focus, with guides to cities and doing business around the world, the latest travel news, and the best deals for airfare, hotels and more. Go to btusonline.com for full details on the winners of the 2010 Best in Business Travel Awards.

Airline Industry

Best Airline in Mexico: Aeromexico
Best North American Airline for International Travel: Air Canada
Best North American Airline for Business-Class Service: Air Canada
Best In-Flight Services in North America: Air Canada
Best Flight Attendants in North America: Air Canada
Best Airline Web Site: Air Canada
Best Business Class to Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific: Air New Zealand
Best North American Airline for First-Class Service: American Airlines
Best Flight Attendants in the World: Asiana Airlines
Best In-Flight Services in the World: Asiana Airlines
Best Overall Customer Service - Airline - Ground/Call Center: Asiana Airlines
Airline with Best Trans-Atlantic Business-Class Service: British Airways
Best Frequent-Flyer Program: Delta SkyMiles
Best Business Class to the Middle East: Etihad Airways
Airline with Best Business-Class Service in the World: Jet Airways
Best Airline in Asia: Korean Air
Airline with Best Trans-Pacific Business-Class Service: Korean Air
Best Airline Advertising Campaign: Korean Air
Best Airline in Central and Eastern Europe: LOT Polish Airlines
Best Airline in Western Europe: Lufthansa
Best Airline in the World for International Travel: Qatar Airways
Best Overall Airline in the World: Singapore Airlines
Airline with Best First-Class Service in the World: Singapore Airlines
Airline with Best Economy-Class Service in the World: Singapore Airlines
Best Low-Cost Airline in North America: Southwest Airlines
Best Airline in Africa: South African Airways
Best Business Class to Africa: South African Airways
Best Airline Alliance Program: Star Alliance
Best Business Class to South America: TAM Airlines
Best Airline Cuisine/Meals: Turkish Airlines
Best Airline for North American Travel: United Airlines
Best Domestic Airline: Virgin America
Best Premium Economy Class in the World: Virgin Atlantic Airways
Best Airport Clubs/Lounges: Virgin Atlantic Airways
Old Dec 10, 10, 11:05 am

Unfortunately for us, their first action was to turn around and shoot their best customers in the face, as they believe they no longer need us now with all these awards and increased utilization.
Old Dec 10, 10, 12:28 pm

AC is definitely a notch above their peers in the quality of the product.

That is largely because their American peers have to face competition and drive down costs to survive. If AC wasn't insulated by such a cushy regulatory bubble, perhaps we would see the standards deteriorate. Instead they can charge 30% more for a 10% nicer experience, and get full credit for that 10% in the surveys.

Nonetheless, congratulations are in order. Plenty of other flag-carrier monopolies fall on their faces.
Old Dec 10, 10, 1:00 pm

Congrats to AC, but the capitalization of the thread title made me do a double-take.

"Air Canada does well, at best, in business travel awards."
Old Dec 10, 10, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Wrong day for this to come out.
Old Dec 10, 10, 6:24 pm

great day!

what is that word where you compare the two opposing forces together... like hypocrisy
Old Dec 10, 10, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller View Post
great day!

what is that word where you compare the two opposing forces together... like hypocrisy
LOL!
Old Dec 10, 10, 8:10 pm

Better turnout for AC than at the Frequent Traveler Awards.
Old Dec 10, 10, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
The only problem I have with Air Canada is that they are complacent to be where they are mentally and at corporate level to be: the best in North America.

Whene airlines in the rest of the world (forget about American losers) are quietly working to become the best and fighting for the top spot, Air Canada has perhaps long aimmed at one clear single goal: we do not want to be the best in the world, and will be very happy to beat out Americans.

Certainly it should address my first need: flying out of Canada and back. So I need Air Canada. But once out, I will probably prefer to have the best services.

North America has lost dropped the word "service" from the English dictionary, so it is no surprising that North America airlines, Air Canada included, have spent their energy on building products that come with self-services. In certain domains, it is good, but I wonder what an airline would look like, if someday we the passngers can ride an airplane, so we do not need any pilots. Before that, the flight attendants would go first.
Old Dec 10, 10, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by lespoir View Post
The only problem I have with Air Canada is that they are complacent to be where they are mentally and at corporate level to be: the best in North America.

Whene airlines in the rest of the world (forget about American losers) are quietly working to become the best and fighting for the top spot, Air Canada has perhaps long aimmed at one clear single goal: we do not want to be the best in the world, and will be very happy to beat out Americans.

Certainly it should address my first need: flying out of Canada and back. So I need Air Canada. But once out, I will probably prefer to have the best services.

North America has lost dropped the word "service" from the English dictionary, so it is no surprising that North America airlines, Air Canada included, have spent their energy on building products that come with self-services. In certain domains, it is good, but I wonder what an airline would look like, if someday we the passngers can ride an airplane, so we do not need any pilots. Before that, the flight attendants would go first.
first with a self serve cafe with a coffee machine and pop/snack dispenser
Old Dec 10, 10, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The awards are likely based on the old award system and not the new one just announced. Gee, I wonder if the timing of this announcement = pr damage control.
Old Dec 11, 10, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tracon View Post
Best Airline Web Site: Air Canada
But please get rid of that 10-minute timeout.

Search this Thread