Over The Line - How Did You Guys Do It?

Old Dec 10, 10, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Altitude S100k / Star Alliance Gold
Over The Line - How Did You Guys Do It?

Landed yesterday to cross the 100,000 mile line for the first time. Nice to be a member of the club. Curious as to how other Superelite's made up the miles.

Here's my summary:

7 x YVR - YYZ
5 x YVR - YLW
3 x YVR - ATL
8 x YVR - various other US cities (DAL/EWR/MCO/BWI/DTW/LGA)

2010 was a tough travel schedule for me, but was as enjoyable as it gets. Most of my flights were with Air Canada and a few with United. A big thanks to AC for getting me there and back on time on virtually every flight. As travellers we sometimes don't give thanks and be appreciative as often as we should.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all FT'ers!
Old Dec 10, 10, 10:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Welcome, SE travel is something else. You may not notice it immediately, but soon stars align and "things" just begin to go your way. Air travel was forever changed for me when I hit the mark 4 years ago. Now you can update your profile.

My route to SE is via 95 segments because of the double hop needed to escape YEG.
Old Dec 10, 10, 10:19 am

I crossed the 100,000 on Sunday. How long will it take for my AE profile banner to change from E to SE or do I have to wait until Feb 28? I will come in around 118,000 is the next threshold for certs 120 or 130,000?
Old Dec 10, 10, 10:46 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by mtensioners View Post
I crossed the 100,000 on Sunday. How long will it take for my AE profile banner to change from E to SE or do I have to wait until Feb 28? I will come in around 118,000 is the next threshold for certs 120 or 130,000?
Someone mentioned there will be 3 sweep in Dec. First sweep was this Tue. And I think the second sweep is around 15th or so, don't remember now.

Congrats but join the rest and feel the pain for 2011 cuts.
Old Dec 10, 10, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
A bunch of short haul travel, followed by six months straight of transcons. It's been brutal, I think I had all of two weeks between July and end of November where I wasn't on a plane for 6+ hours every Monday and Thursday.

Was it worth it? Meh, we'll see. My first flight as a new SE is on Friday next week. I did call the SE helpdesk yesterday and was impressed by the speed at which my call was answered, but like others I am very disappointed by the revamped certificate program.
Old Dec 10, 10, 6:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, MP Diamond, OW Emerald, HiltonHoners, Fairmont Presidents,SPG Gold
Welcome to the club, You will enjoy.

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Landed yesterday to cross the 100,000 mile line for the first time. Nice to be a member of the club. Curious as to how other Superelite's made up the miles.
Did it on a plane, ( sorry I could not resist ).......

1 X YYZ - HKG - SIN
1 X YYZ - BEI
1 X YYZ - LHR
1 X YYZ - FRA - DBI
1 X YYZ - YVR
2 X YYZ - SFO
1 X YYZ - CUN
1 X YYZ - VUL
2 X YYZ - CDG
2 X YYZ - YYC
1 X YYZ - FRA - TXL
1 X YYZ - ZRH

Only upgrade, YYZ to YUL

A lot of left over paper
Old Dec 10, 10, 11:24 pm

Good for you guys. Thirty x YYC-YMM or YEG in T, YYC-YYT in T (18+ hrs), + 2 x YYC-IAH in T+. Squat.

There should be some reward for the torture.
Old Dec 11, 10, 12:49 am

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
Originally Posted by I'llMissCP View Post
Good for you guys. Thirty x YYC-YMM or YEG in T, YYC-YYT in T (18+ hrs), + 2 x YYC-IAH in T+. Squat.

There should be some reward for the torture.
Geesh... is there any *A plan you can credit Tango fares too? United maybe? (better than nothing)... that's insane.

Search this Thread