FlyerAl paging Fly Boy

Old Feb 25, 01, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, B6 Mosaic, HH Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG Gold Amb.
FlyerAl paging Fly Boy

Fly Boy,

Were you by any chance on AA 652 MIA-YYZ last night? My gut instinct tells me that you were either the guy with dark curly hair or the blond guy with a straw hat standing beside me at the baggage claim in T3. I was the guy wearing a silver coloured jacket waiting forever for my two bags.
Old Feb 25, 01, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
What is this, the "Sightings" column!

"You black crew bag plus laptop case with SE tags, me briefcase with 1K tags... Call."
Old Feb 25, 01, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a good day today. I needed a good laugh.
Thanks AC*SE
Old Feb 26, 01, 8:58 am

LOL - how did you spot me!? I thought we were in cognito! Must have been the Flyertalk tag on the backpack! Were you the guy with the gold SE tag in black leather tag-holder?

Yeah - we were totally bagged! It had been a really long day of travelling, and we got seats in the last row of First Class, so I missed my meal selection on all flights! I was so sick of chicken and it was all they had by the time F/A got to me.

The delay was a bit of a pain too, but got over that by munching on sushi and mixing a Tanquaray No 10 martini in the lounge

[This message has been edited by Fly Boy (edited 02-26-2001).]
Old Feb 26, 01, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Ha! How 'bout that eh? My gut instinct never fails me I would've said something because you were standing right beside me, but I didn't want to embarrass myself just in case it wasn't really you. Were you the guy with dark hair or blond hair?

No, I was the guy with a carry-on on wheels and a laptop case sitting on top - both of which had AAdvantage Platinum luggage tags. I'm not a SE.

I was sitting in 4F..I never got up during the flight, so I didn't notice anyone sitting behind me. I was tired (like just about everyone on that flight) and I wasn't feeling very well so I was in and out of sleep throughout the flight. I took the last Tortellini meal (sorry), but I had that Monterrey Chicken meal on my MIA-SXM flight last week and thought it was very good. You weren't missing much by not getting the Tortellini..the chicken is better. Because of that delay, I went to the Plat Service Center in MIA and got me a $20 food voucher so I had a nice prime rib dinner at the MIA hotel restaurant.

My luggage took forever though..I didn't get out of customs till like 1:10am or something.

[This message has been edited by FlyerAl (edited 02-26-2001).]
Old Feb 26, 01, 9:39 am

LOL - the F/A said only 2 tortellini meals were on-board. I asked her if I could have one, and she said it would be left to chance. Missed the steak on the previous flight as well. I too wasn't feeling very well, so I ended up passing on the entree.

Mmm - Prime Rib!? I wish it had occurred to me to get a voucher from someone. I guess I assumed lounge agent would give us one, but then again there were lots of munchies in there.

So what was it that blew our cover[?] Now I am curious!!!
Old Feb 26, 01, 9:59 am

Programs: AA, AC
Fly Boy, welcome back. My apologies, but I can't make the Wednesday BA thing. I'm in MIA now and I don't plan to come back for a while. I just don't think I can endure another day of Toronto winter weather.
Old Feb 26, 01, 10:38 am
Original Poster

LOL If I had known you were sitting behind me, I'd have given you my tortellini meal because I just picked at it. The old dude who sat next to me had the salmon and it must've been good because he devoured the whole thing. I was going to go to the lounge, but my stomach was craving for something big and greasy since I hadn't eaten since breakfast. The agent at E22 wouldn't give me a meal voucher so that's when I went to the Plat Service Center. If you're Plat or EXP, I highly recommend it.

Well it's not like you stuck out or anything. I remember you mentioning in the "YYZ get-together" thread that you were flying AA to MIA for the week, and when I was standing there in the baggage claim I noticed that your carryon had all kinds of Priority and Elite tags. I know how FTers love their tags, plus my gut instinct never fails me, so I put 2 and 2 together at 12:30am

I'm still able to make it to the BA event on Wed. What time are we supposed to gather at the Royal York?
Old Feb 26, 01, 10:48 am

Yeah - I noticed the guy next to you eating that salmon!

Did you notice that guy pounding on his tray!? (I think he was in row 3 or 4, on the port side). That freaked me out a bit!

BA event - like 5:55pm. I'll post again and e-mail everyone tomorrow as a reminder.
Old Feb 26, 01, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Now I remember who had the other tortellini. The couple who sat in front of me shared one. They were U of T biology professors or something who went on an eco trip to Costa Rica. Nice people to talk to before we (finally) took off. I wasn't too crazy about old dude who sat next to me because he never said a word.

Yeah that guy in 4A who couldn't figure out his tray was a little freaky. I felt sorry for the F/A's who were trying to help him extend it properly. I liked the older F/A..I forget her name..she kept referring to me by Mr. Lastname. I like it when they do that

Funny..small world eh?

Search this Thread