Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is Aeroplan website starting to go real time?

Old Feb 21, 01, 1:45 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

For the last 2 days, my Aeroplan account on AC's website have been updated..

- An award ticketed on Feb 16 was reflected on the website yesterday...

- My Mon YYZ-YVR flight was posted to my account today and also reflected on the website. However, the double points bonus was not posted yet. {Btw, AC's definition of YYZ-YVR is 2078 points while CP's is 2085, not a big issue..}

Looks good so far..
Old Feb 21, 01, 1:55 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Sounds like what we have always had.

The real time we have been talking about forever is the ability to actually see the details in real time...as opposed to the running balance.

Dorian

------------------
The Global Lounge Project - open source airline lounge listings
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel tips
The Star Alliance RTW Price Chart - by Dorian
The Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart - by Blondebomber
Old Feb 21, 01, 1:59 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Oh ok.... I actually thought AC actually changed something. I guess the only way to do that was using the faxback thing then.
Old Feb 21, 01, 2:35 pm

{Btw, AC's definition of YYZ-YVR is 2078 points while CP's is 2085, not a big issue..}
It seems as AC has a different method of determining the amount of points offered. I flew on an international flight with another companion last summer. I credit the flights to AP, while my companion credited it to UA MP, but the miles were slightly different. MP offered: 14,076 and AC AP offered: 14,044.

Old Feb 21, 01, 10:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, UA ,WJ, HA
My points for my HNL trip posted within 2 days on each leg, but the double points bonus
has not posted yet. BTW how is everyone finding the speed of hotel and car rental partners for point posting times? I'll be interested to see how long it takes for my Alamo and Radisson points to go on. Any experiences with these 2 yet?
Old Feb 21, 01, 11:50 pm

The speed of posting really depends on merchant.

I have seen Thrifty car rental agent filling up paper form for submission. Worse yet, Ramama's point was sent by writinng into a sheet with dozens of other record and submitted as a batch to Canadian Plus. These all happened last year...

I'm sure a lot of programs are still done this way... then you can imagine the wait. Canadapost + processing +.... = weeks.

Search this Thread