AC Credit Card Glitch

Old Feb 20, 01, 4:11 pm
formerly ssw207
Original Poster

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, SQ*S, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
AC Credit Card Glitch

Heads Up!! I received my credit card statement today and found out 4 charges made by AC for US$6.00 each, apparently for reward tickets from LGA-YYZ, which weren't under my name.

I *hope* this is a computer/billing problem, and not something fishy. I suggest everyone should check their credit card statements.
Old Feb 20, 01, 4:20 pm

Could be a fraud.. how can you be sure? You likely need a new CC number now.

I don't understand why airlines have to print our CC number on every copy of the ticket? I already sign the authorized receipt on purchase. So now everyone from airport personnel to check-in agent has my name, credit card number, and expiration date. This is unnecessary.
Old Feb 20, 01, 4:33 pm
formerly ssw207
Original Poster

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, SQ*S, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
Agree with you on that MoreMiles, why can't IATA adopt the method used by Online companies? Instead of printing "CC VI 1234 4567 7890 0123", why don't they shorten it to the last 4 digits like "CC VI Ending in **0123"

If there is any need for Accounts/Billing department to look up for something they will have the number on file anyways.
Old Feb 20, 01, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC E75K/SPG-Marriott Titanium/Accor-FPC Plat/IHG Plat/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
For the past 9 months or so Alaska Airlines (AS) has been editing card numbers on e-tickets to XXXXXXXXXXX1234 with no expiry date. Nowadays, this really makes sense, especially when AC E-tickets by fax are not known to always go when and where they were intended to go!
Old Feb 20, 01, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally posted by MoreMiles:
I don't understand why airlines have to print our CC number on every copy of the ticket
Another good reason to avoid paper tickets.
Old Feb 20, 01, 9:31 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Another good reason to avoid paper tickets.

Why? The full credit card number is also on the e-ticket which can easily be faxed to the wrong number.
Old Feb 20, 01, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA, AC
An e-ticket is, by definition, paperless. You're confusing the ticket with the optional faxed receipt.

Search this Thread