Community
Wiki Posts
Search

que pasa with the MHD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2001, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

que pasa with the MHD

i was thrilled to do my first hatdance last week to GDL. i have tried everything to repeat the itinerary in april from YVR - YYZ - GDL and return but it isn't working. have they changed things? any advice?
Old Feb 18, 2001, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA, AC
What do you mean by "it isn't working"? What are you using price it?
Old Feb 18, 2001, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the quick reply. i am trying to price it using travelocity.ca and itn.net. but the fares are coming up muy loco. i can price it through the west coast but not through YYZ. any thoughts?
Old Feb 18, 2001, 5:58 pm

This is a bit disturbing. I posted something earlier today about a YYZ-EWR-MEX-CUN-MIA-YYZ routing that I had priced a few weeks ago at $1625 in J-class. Now it's coming up with a price of $2800 for the same routing.
Old Feb 18, 2001, 6:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Fare rules have changed but they are still doable--just requires a lot of thought about aircraft metal etc.

Try this and then fool with dates/flights you want:
AC5100
AC9702
(by plugging in YVR-MEX to get flight listing and selecting the AC codeshare flight/AC flights ONLY--MX will not work anymore except via west coast) If you plug in YVR-ORD and ORD-MEX you will not see AC codeshare on ORD-MEX portion!!!!!!!)

MX432
MX581 (MX OK on internal Mexico flights)

AC9703
AC5148
(by plugging in MEX-YYZ--same thing as above--VERY IMPORTANT SO YOU CAN SEE AC CODESHARE MEX-ORD!!!!!)

STOPOVER IN YYZ

AC3007
prices at $1540.90 in J all the way.

It still works but the AC codeshare from ORD-MEX is CRITICAL. THE RULES HAVE CHANGED. You are now going on AC, not MX rules.
Old Feb 18, 2001, 6:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Not sure about EWR and whether it is doable anymore. I suspect not on Star Alliance metal anyway. Might take some more fooling around. The codeshares have taken on a new criticality. This was always important but sometimes it is tough to figure out when codeshares are only offered on through flights and not stopovers!
Old Feb 18, 2001, 7:18 pm

Has anyone considered that Mr. Milton may be reading this and that his fare people may be modifying the loopholes as we go along?
Old Feb 18, 2001, 8:30 pm

Yes.
Old Feb 18, 2001, 9:00 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Especially that it was in the news a while back....
Old Feb 19, 2001, 8:53 am

Yes, I first noticed this on Febrary 3, and immediately had a panic attack. Flights out of YVR on Feb 14 priced out like a normal MHD, but on the 15th fares on the order of $7500 started coming up. Checking the fare rules in expedia show serious rule changes on Feb 15 for both AC and MX

At that time, it appeared that YYC was safe, but a few days later the same happened to YYC and YEG. As well, there was another seemingly instantaneous rule change for YVR on Feb 9.

We've been able to figure out how to accomodate most of these changes by living within the new rules. For me, that means staying in GDL overnight, instead of staying in ORD for a night on the way home.

It's also caused me to seriously re-evaluate sticking with AC, because for everywhere I go in the US, I can do the same thing on a US carrier. For example, when I need to go the Gulf Coast, I'll probably use AA as I did successfully several times last year.

Isn't the advance filing requirement for a tariff change 45 days? If so, they I wonder if the fact the the first changes took place 47 days after the G&M article means anything.
Old Feb 19, 2001, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sounds like AC is plugging what it sees as "loophole" Fix the leak before it becomes a trickle...
Old Feb 19, 2001, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
... the trickle becomes a stream, the stream a river, and finally ... the dam bursts.

FewMiles..
Old Feb 19, 2001, 11:01 am
Original Poster

gracias to the experts i was able to book my trip to gdl for a fare of 1515 with a stop in yyz! i don't mind spending the time in guadalaraja and especially visit the nearby towns in tonala for some great mexican handicrafts...the source for the importers here at a fraction of the price....there is great restaurant in a 17th century monastery in the centre of town that warrants a visit! adios!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.