Canadian AMEX Platinum - lounge access

Old Feb 16, 01, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Presto
Canadian AMEX Platinum - lounge access

As AC SE/E no longer has access to NW WorldClub at ORD, I was wondering if the Canadian AMEX Platinum card would provide ORD-T2 access to either the NW or CO lounges? I can't find that info from the Canadian AMEX site, however the US site lists these lounges for their platinum members. I do the YYZ-ORD commute alot and miss the NW lounge, and can't be bothered with the hike to RCC. (cross posted to AMEX)
Old Feb 17, 01, 1:38 am

Canadian Platinum Amex cards will get you into NW and CO lounges, but only if you are travelling either NW or CO. (That is, you can use either lounge, regardless of whether you are flying on NW or CO.)

If you are flying AC, the Amex card won't do anything for you.
Old Feb 18, 01, 3:29 pm

There is now no decent lounge access for AC EWR. The US air club moved near the ticket counters and to get to the RCC you need to go thru security in the wrong concourse.

The old US air club is now a Presidents Club but they won't allow AMEX platinum if you are flying AC!
Old Feb 18, 01, 4:07 pm

If money is no issue, then consider this: www.prioritypass.com

MLL and RCC membership can also be purchsed from Diners Club, at C$275 per year.

Not familiar with the details of each program so hope this will help.
Old Feb 18, 01, 8:59 pm

RCC thru Diners?
Old Feb 18, 01, 9:23 pm

MLL members, even paid, get access to RCC. I went into a RCC in SFO with a DC-MLL few weeks ago. The agent specifically told her colleague to watch for the MLL logo and not just DC logo for admission.... didn't even check my boarding pass.

[This message has been edited by MoreMiles (edited 02-18-2001).]
Old Feb 18, 01, 10:21 pm

Priority Pass doesn't seem to be such a great deal for someone who travels also wants lounge access in Canadain - its only Canadian lounges are in YYZ and YUL. It would compliment a MLL membership nicely, but then you have to ask if it is really worth the money when you already have *A access.

Search this Thread