Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] All Airlines: All Airports to LAS for $ 0 incl. taxes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] All Airlines: All Airports to LAS for $ 0 incl. taxes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by shootloose
How do you come up with 5508 status miles.I checked mileage calculator on webflyer and it comes up with 2250 yyz to sfo and 413 sfo to las for a total of 2663 each......so by my figures you should earn 5326.......reason i wonder is because i'm about 450 miles from elite but if i can get 5500 or so miles i can reach threashold bonus of 40k (nothing special) so if miles are off, i'd rather just book direct flight.
I just flew YYZ-SFO last month, and AC gives 2254 for this route, plus 500 min for SFO-LAS = 2754 times 2 = 5508 (assuming you credit to AP since some of the US airlines give actual miles flown instead of the min 500).

Originally Posted by gosamburu
Dont forget to book via airmilesshops.ca for a few airmiles (literally a few at these prices lol)
I booked 5 tickets between yesterday and today, and only remembered to do this on the last one. Pretty embarrassing for a pts slut like me.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by gosamburu
Dont forget to book via airmilesshops.ca for a few airmiles (literally a few at these prices lol)
Fatwallet pays $3 per transaction.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
i went through canada.mrrebates.com, they supposedly give 2%, but we shall see.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:15 pm

the deal seems to be gone now. I wonder if it's because it was more popular than they thought or because of all the people in the US who were taking advantage of it against the T and C of the coupon?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed. Just did a test booking and when I entered the SAVE300 code, got the following message:

The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I know that upgrades will not be automatic but I had to get an afternoon departure and yvr was the only routing and only on ac code, same for the return only via Yyc and ac code. The den to Yyc is looking quite good with only a few in E+ at the moment, yvr to SFO is a possibility too while the flights to/from Vegas would be hopeless anyways. Agents will upgrade a Premier at the gate if there is space.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Still works for me, after you get the error message hit reload, and then hit "Apply and re-price".

You may need to reload a few times, appears that the reloads are hopping onto other backend machines...

Last edited by mountaingrl; Nov 20, 2010 at 6:20 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
the deal seems to be gone now. I wonder if it's because it was more popular than they thought or because of all the people in the US who were taking advantage of it against the T and C of the coupon?
That's open to a lot of debate. The original T&C in this regard just said Canadian Bookings Only, which due to the vague nature could just be interpreted as bookings done on Expedia Canada's site.

They've of course modified the T&C now to include a still rather ambiguous only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. That / still makes it ambiguous enough although any US domestic bookings done after the change in T&C would probably be at a far greater risk.

It's amazing it lasted as long as it did, almost a full 24+ hours.

Last edited by payam81; Nov 20, 2010 at 6:13 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Thanks... got a weekend in NYC for 98 out of pocket from YOW... I stay with friends anyway, so just booked one night only at the cheapest option, and will simply not show up...
Hmm.. is not showing up for the room counted as cancelling it?

"Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

Ron.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newfbc
Hmm.. is not showing up for the room counted as cancelling it?

"Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

Ron.
No-Show will cancel that portion of the travel you no-show for. Expedia, the hotel and the airlines do not communicate on such level to figure out who's no showed at what.

Remember, you've already paid for the hotel room in full!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
No-Show will cancel that portion of the travel you no-show for. Expedia, the hotel and the airlines do not communicate on such level to figure out who's no showed at what.

Remember, you've already paid for the hotel room in full!
so check in and check out for the sake of it....

i thought no show means you paid that portion and cannot get a refund/

now here's a prob apparaently the hostel i booked is for female room only

makin miles - watch out i got burned after buy cheap air tickets then finding out hotel rooms in Manhattan are going for $320+
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm thinking I don't want to check in to the hotel we're not using because they charge those idiotic resort fees! If you don't check in, you don't have to pay, right? Or I guess I could just call the hotel and cancel our rezzie.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm thinking I don't want to check in to the hotel we're not using because they charge those idiotic resort fees! If you don't check in, you don't have to pay, right? Or I guess I could just call the hotel and cancel our rezzie.
I'd not call in or cancel even through the hotel just to be on the safe side, just no-show and you lose your hotel stay. This is similar to how PL bookings work, if you don't check in on the date you're supposed to, you'll lose the room.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

for the test booking I did it collected the resort fee when you got to the payment page.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
for the test booking I did it collected the resort fee when you got to the payment page.
I saw some like that, but others that said it was collected locally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.