FOUR SWUs for E threshold at 40k?

Old Nov 19, 10, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Post FOUR SWUs for E threshold at 40k?

Searching through the posts, and checking the AP website, it states that Es get 2 SWUs for passing 20k and then 2 more for passing 40k, so imagine my surprise when I recieved FOUR today, even though I am just above 40k and had already recieved my 2 for 20k. The letter states: "You have now reached the next Air Canada Status Mile threshold and, in appreciation of your continued loyalty, I am pleased to enclose four Air Canada Top Tier System-Wide Upgrade Certificates".

Not that I'm complaining, but am I missing something here?
Old Nov 19, 10, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, RBC Avion
Sounds like an error to me -- but one I'd love to have!
Old Nov 19, 10, 4:01 pm

Programs: AP, CX Gold, HHonours Gold, SPG Gold, KL/AF Gold
Maybe the printing contractor is sticking it to AC/AP by going Electronic and taking away the business. Or maybe just clearing out house. In any case it's great if you can put them to use by end of Feb.
Old Nov 19, 10, 4:15 pm

Programs: Free Agent
How long did it take from crossing 40K 'til the certs came? I have been waiting for approx 3 weeks for my 40K's but am not sure how things work this close to year end.
Old Nov 19, 10, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by payam81 View Post
Maybe the printing contractor is sticking it to AC/AP by going Electronic and taking away the business. Or maybe just clearing out house. In any case it's great if you can put them to use by end of Feb.
Ha ha @ angry print contractor. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to use the blue certs before Feb. based on current fares. But who knows, maybe now that I have so many I'll just have to try harder!
Old Nov 19, 10, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canolakid View Post
How long did it take from crossing 40K 'til the certs came? I have been waiting for approx 3 weeks for my 40K's but am not sure how things work this close to year end.
A little over a month since crossing 40k in my case!
Old Nov 19, 10, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Originally Posted by payam81 View Post
Why couldn't they have stuck it to AC/AP on my 75k SSWU certs that came this week

Search this Thread