Mailing schedules for Cards/Certs

Old Nov 18, 10, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA/EC Silver
Mailing schedules for Cards/Certs

Hello all,

I have a quick, probably daft, and certainly unimportant question (in the grand scheme of things anyway).

I got my early Elite status last month (Oct 26th), and duly chose my select package. Today I got a mail from AC, but it only contained 2 SWU certificates. I was kind-of expecting my E card, tags, etc. as well as the SSWU certs...

Is there a second mailing for these things?

Cheers
VM
Old Nov 18, 10, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 50k, WJ Gold, Alaska Gold, AA EXP, DL Silver
Are you sure those weren't just threshold certs?
Old Nov 18, 10, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Good question. I'm not sure. I'm new to the program - well, from the top tier point of view anyway - and sure this could be the 20k threshold gift I guess. But I though they only gave those to E/SE? I'd only have been prestige at that point...

I hit 20k in September, seems a bit slow, even for Aeroplan.

VM
Old Nov 18, 10, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by VolcanoMan View Post
Good question. I'm not sure. I'm new to the program - well, from the top tier point of view anyway - and sure this could be the 20k threshold gift I guess. But I though they only gave those to E/SE? I'd only have been prestige at that point...

I hit 20k in September, seems a bit slow, even for Aeroplan.

VM
You get the 20k threshold certs when you hit the early elite recognition. I find it kind of weird too but. It's pretty nice

Usually I think the elite package comes first though. I might call them to see when they mailed the two. But probably you'll get the elite package in a few days.
Old Nov 18, 10, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

OK, thanks. So, I'm not going crazy. Phew.
Old Nov 18, 10, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, HH-G
If you already had P status, this is why you got the 20K certs. Has nothing to do with your early E recognition. Did you start the year at P?
Old Nov 19, 10, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
If you already had P status, this is why you got the 20K certs. Has nothing to do with your early E recognition. Did you start the year at P?
I started the year with a big fat '0' (switched from BA Exec club... one strike to many!), which is why I was surprised, if, indeed, they are the 20k threshold gift. Not complaining, though, very nice...

It would be good to get my *G card though, as I am doing YUL-CLE-IAH (CO) the week after next and YUL-LHR (AC) the week after that...

VM
Old Nov 19, 10, 9:31 am

Hey VM,

I recently first-time qualified Elite and received two packages, the first had my card/tags then a few days later a second package arrived with some system-wide upgrades (they weren't special system-wide upgrades, just system-wide upgrades), hopefully your's are just in the post.

At the time I checked the Aeroplan web-site, it says when they post out the pack to you... click...

Your Account (top right of menu bar) -> Air Canada Top Tier

It should say when the pack was posted - note it did take nearly two weeks from the postage date to when I actually received the pack.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 19, 10, 9:51 am

That sounds right. Early qualification for 2010 ends Oct 15th. You reached 35,000 miles on Oct 26th, so you wait for 2011... Why did the computer let you select the package benefits is beyond my comprehension.

All you get is SWU certs for passing 20K threshold

Please review Page 130 of this document http://www1.aeroplan.com/static/pdf/...its_All_EN.pdf

Having said that..... I would wait and see over the next few days if they accidently send you the benefits package as well.... definitely icing to the cake!

Last edited by global happy traveller; Nov 19, 10 at 9:57 am
Old Nov 19, 10, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller View Post
That sounds right. Early qualification for 2010 ends Oct 15th. You reached 35,000 miles on Oct 26th, so you wait for 2011... Why did the computer let you select the package benefits is beyond my comprehension.

All you get is SWU certs for passing 20K threshold

Please review Page 130 of this document http://www1.aeroplan.com/static/pdf/...its_All_EN.pdf

Having said that..... I would wait and see over the next few days if they accidently send you the benefits package as well.... definitely icing to the cake!
I guess I'll wait and find out in due course...

Actually I hit 35k on October 21, to be totally precise, so maybe I am in this 'grace period' I read about... In any case I got the email from Aeroplan on 26th to choose my select privileges for 2010 (mailed on November 8th, to answer the question above). So it looks like I might have snook in... I guess this is a busy time of year for the printing presses!!!

Old Nov 19, 10, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum
The official deadline is Oct 15 but in past years AC has a grace period after that date that is included as well. It sounds like you made it. This is very nice since it means you get two full elite packages a few months apart.

You should print out a copy of the aeroplan site showing you're gold and call up AC for any existing bookings and have them remove and re-add your AP number.

That should mean that AC*G shows up on your boarding passes and the computer lets you pick bulkhead (but not exit aisle) seats for free. Usually AC*G on your boarding pass plus a printout of the aeroplan site is enough to get into most lounges even though the letter of the rule is that you need your card.

I would go ahead and use priority checkin regardless, they don't normally argue even if you have no reason to be there anyways.
Old Nov 19, 10, 2:04 pm
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
Originally Posted by VolcanoMan View Post
Hello all,

I have a quick, probably daft, and certainly unimportant question (in the grand scheme of things anyway).

I got my early Elite status last month (Oct 26th), and duly chose my select package. Today I got a mail from AC, but it only contained 2 SWU certificates. I was kind-of expecting my E card, tags, etc. as well as the SSWU certs...

Is there a second mailing for these things?

Cheers
VM
It happened to me too. I got 2 SWU 2 days ago and I got the Elite package yesterday (right before the mini-do). I would say wait a couple days. If it does not come, just give AP a call.
Old Nov 19, 10, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 50k, WJ Gold, Alaska Gold, AA EXP, DL Silver
You can still access the lounges as *G as it will be reflected on your BP. If the dragons ask, just tell them to look you up in the MLLs or call if it's another SA lounge.
Old Nov 19, 10, 4:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
I 'early qualified' for E this year, and I got my threshold certs for 20k before my benefit package (with card, luggage tags, etc.). That came about a week after. Check the letter that came with the certs, if it's threshold it would have said something about how 'you have now reached the next AC Top Tier threshold, I am pleased to enclose 2 SWUs for you...' etc.

Old Nov 20, 10, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all... it arrived today, so am now a happy camper

Looking forward, for a change, to my next trip... well, as much as one ever does of course!!!

Search this Thread