Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caculating Status Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Caculating Status Miles

Hi guys just got back from a trip to Hong Kong from Toronto. I received 7,791 status mile for each way.My question is i took direct flight going there which expedia shows me travelling 7805 miles however my return had a stop in Vancouver which expedia showing me travelling 6381 from the Hong Kong to Vancouver leg and another 2085fron Vancouver to Toronto.Anyone know how and why im only getting 7791 for each direction from aeroplan?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Were you rerouted on the return? The way it's supposed to work is that if you were on a single flight number from YYZ-HKG you would only get credit for the direct flight. If you had two segments with different BPs - HKG-YVR then YVR-YYZ then you'd get the mileage separately
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by shootloose
Hi guys just got back from a trip to Hong Kong from Toronto. I received 7,791 status mile for each way.My question is i took direct flight going there which expedia shows me travelling 7805 miles however my return had a stop in Vancouver which expedia showing me travelling 6381 from the Hong Kong to Vancouver leg and another 2085fron Vancouver to Toronto.Anyone know how and why im only getting 7791 for each direction from aeroplan?
Go to http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_calculator/
Expida is never correct. Your milage is bang on.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I think OP is wondering why the segments weren't calculated separately on his return.

It's undoubtedly because it was the same flight number from HKG-YVR and YVR-YYZ. Per Academic, when it's the same flight number, you are credited the miles as if it was a direct flight.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Thx for explanation,it was same flight number guess thats why i was short change for my trip to buenos aires a few months back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.