Wiki Posts
Search

SE & *G u/g's

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2001, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

SE & *G u/g's

Client has booked UA r/t to SFO;
-assuming a legit fare, can SE's u/g via phone or is gate standby the only option? Do we use AC certs or, as outbound is Feb 21, could Cdn stickers be applicable?

Also: YVR>FRA>YVR question --
although ticketing via AC, it's LH metal. Can SE's u/g?

(When via CP, I'd go via YYC in order to stay on CP metal for u/g's. Not sure if this is the same situation w/ AC... the YVR penalty?)

BTW: on my recent trip, tried for u/g with Thai; no way.

Old Feb 14, 2001, 12:41 pm

It is my understanding that you can only upgrade on AC metal. You can upgrade on a UA ticket provided the flight is operated by AC, but you cannot upgrade on UA metal. Same with LH.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 1:02 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
For FRA from YVR you have to go via YYC if you wanna upgrade (atleast in the winter months...AC sometimes does YVR-FRA in the summer).

Dorian
Old Feb 14, 2001, 1:16 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Client has booked UA r/t to SFO;
-assuming a legit fare, can SE's u/g via phone or is gate standby the only option? Do we use AC certs or, as outbound is Feb 21, could Cdn stickers be applicable?

If it is UA metal, then there is no way you can upgrade beside for the operational thing. I suppose with the amount of 1K that UA has, it will be hard to get upgraded and the F cabin of UA on A320 {YVR-SFO} is smaller than AC's. 12 F seats on UA vs. 24 J seats on AC.

If it is AC metal but booked on UA flight numbers, the best you can do is try at the gate using your SE status. However, it will be hard since the fare codes between UA and AC is totally different.

Bottom line is you can only upgrade on the carrier that you have status on. {1K on UA, SE on AC...}. Agents seem pretty strict in implementing this rule.

The best you could do as a * Gold is to confirm a Economy Plus seat now, it's first come first serve. I would suggest you do that now. It's only a 2hr flight so I think it'll be acceptable.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

many thanks to all for the clarifications re u/g -- Calgary, here I come!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.