Proud to have been part of the AC family

Old Nov 12, 10, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Proud to have been part of the AC family

I know a lot of crap is spewed on this site about the employees who work for AC but unless you have been one of them you really don't have an appreciation for the stuff they are subjected to. Having said that and in light of the fact we have just observed another Remembrance Day I am posting links to a couple of sites who have reprinted an article written about the efforts of AC employees to honour those who have died in combat. I am sure a lot of you have seen the article before but it is one that makes me proud to have been part of the AC Family for 32 years.

http://www.gtaa.com/en/news/torontop...7-a43d5d3f545b

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/commun/...ng.asp?id=5129
Old Nov 12, 10, 10:39 am

most (99%) of the AC employees are great... its just the 1% rotten apples (which happens in all organizations) that screw things up..... Then passengers magnify that 1% and make it sound like 90% of them are bad.... So dont let those assumptions hit you.... Keep up the great work!
Old Nov 12, 10, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller View Post
most (99%) of the AC employees are great... its just the 1% rotten apples (which happens in all organizations) that screw things up..... Then passengers magnify that 1% and make it sound like 90% of them are bad.... So dont let those assumptions hit you.... Keep up the great work!
+1
Old Nov 12, 10, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC*E50K; AC*MM; EK Gold; SPG Plat
Then passengers magnify that 1% and make it sound like 90% of them are bad....
And even non- or at least non-regular passengers work on the magnification
Old Nov 12, 10, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC-E
Originally Posted by roll-x View Post
I know a lot of crap is spewed on this site about the employees who work for AC but unless you have been one of them you really don't have an appreciation for the stuff they are subjected to. Having said that and in light of the fact we have just observed another Remembrance Day I am posting links to a couple of sites who have reprinted an article written about the efforts of AC employees to honour those who have died in combat. I am sure a lot of you have seen the article before but it is one that makes me proud to have been part of the AC Family for 32 years.

http://www.gtaa.com/en/news/torontop...7-a43d5d3f545b

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/commun/...ng.asp?id=5129

I had NOT seen the article before, so thanks for sharing. I plan on forwarding it on to a several friends and co-workers.

As others have said, keep up the great work.
Old Nov 12, 10, 6:02 pm

Programs: AP, CX Gold, HHonours Gold, SPG Gold, KL/AF Gold
Originally Posted by roll-x View Post
I know a lot of crap is spewed on this site about the employees who work for AC
I think a few usual suspects are responsible for most of what you describe.

There's also been praises for AC employees, where they've been due, so let's not just focus on the negativities.
Old Nov 12, 10, 6:46 pm

Thumbs up I wish I'd written that letter

My first post although I've read the forum for years.

Around 2002, my wife and I had cause to use the Air Canada arrivals lounge at LHR. The lounge appeared to be staffed exclusively by middle-aged ladies from South Asia. Their level of genuine care for their clients was astounding. Not the phony "hi, how are you?" care but the real thing. Reluctantly, we were persuaded to take showers after our overnight journey, which made us feel immeasurably better. They gave us tea and a welcome to the UK. I resolved to write a glowing letter to AC on arrival home.

For the LHR-YYZ return sector, AC had that day scheduled an ex-Canadian Airlines 767-300ER. (I think they had about three that were used in emergencies.) In Empress Class, CP had used a 1-2-2 layout in their 767s. At the time AC had 2-2-1. On our original booking we were assigned seats 2 A/C, but seat C didn't exist in this aircraft. You'd have thought we'd get 2 H/K instead and 2K would be given 2A. But no, that's too logical. AC had let it become a free-for-all, first come-first served. We ended up with something like 3D and 5F because our connecting flight was slightly late. We sat like that all the way home.

I never did write the letter of praise because I was so ticked off with the Mickey Mouse treatment over the seats.

I wish I'd written the letter. It wasn't the fault of the arrivals ladies that the company couldn't handle the different layout in the ex-CP aircraft. But I'm sure there are many people who have had similar experiences on trips. It is often unfortunately the bad memories that stick in our minds.
Old Nov 12, 10, 7:15 pm

I've been in the pax transportation biz for a while and I can attest you folks are doing AC proud.
Old Nov 12, 10, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
AC employees have generally been helpful and polite. The go all out seeing what they can do for you each time you call the centre.. Nothing really bad to say about them. Its' the systems, and the inability to book a classic flight on points riding AC, and the lack of resources to solve problems that is the problem.
Old Nov 13, 10, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Agree and will only add that if enough of that small percentage works in a front-line customer service capacity it can very quickly undo all the hard work and effort the other employees who work behind the scenes had put forth.
Old Nov 13, 10, 2:49 am
jbb

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Elite Gold (*Gold), SPG Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Chalfont View Post
My first post although I've read the forum for years.

Around 2002, my wife and I had cause to use the Air Canada arrivals lounge at LHR. The lounge appeared to be staffed exclusively by middle-aged ladies from South Asia. Their level of genuine care for their clients was astounding. Not the phony "hi, how are you?" care but the real thing. Reluctantly, we were persuaded to take showers after our overnight journey, which made us feel immeasurably better. They gave us tea and a welcome to the UK. I resolved to write a glowing letter to AC on arrival home.
Consistently, the nicest service I receive throughout the AC system is at the LHR arrivals lounge.
Old Nov 13, 10, 3:34 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by jbb View Post
Consistently, the nicest service I receive throughout the AC system is at the LHR arrivals lounge.
Agreed- LHR Arrivals Lounge is great

Search this Thread