AVIS Miles

Old Nov 10, 10, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 50K
AVIS Miles

I just realized that none of my AVIS car rental Aeroplan miles have been credited. Anyone else having this problem and anyone know how to resolve it?
Old Nov 10, 10, 1:29 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (Lifetime Gold)
You have to go back to Avis. Good luck. I'm figuring that I'm around 50% with Avis (some locations are far better than others). For me it's up there with Park N Fly. Not just worth my time or effort.
Old Nov 10, 10, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC*E, A3*S, SPG Gold
I've never had a problem getting the miles credited, it just usually takes 2-3 weeks.
Old Nov 10, 10, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 50K
Thanks for the advice. I will get in touch with AVIS. BTW I always do my bookings online and add my AE # so I thought that was enough to have the miles credited.... apparently not.
Old Nov 10, 10, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
They are pretty slow. Like someone said, 2-3 weeks.
Old Nov 10, 10, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Avis miles always post on the 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th of the month. So depending on when you turn in the car, it could take almost 2 weeks for miles to post. All my miles for Avis rentals have posted (about 30 rentals per year). You can go online at the Avis website to request miles if they haven't posted.
Old Nov 11, 10, 12:35 am

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
I go to Houston a couple times every year, and always rent an Avis car, but for the past few years, I never received any Aeroplan points from Avis, not a single time, even though each time at the IAH Avis rental desk my Aeroplan number was entered. I just never bother to go back and phone them.

Last week, I finally changed to Budget.
Old Nov 11, 10, 8:00 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by lespoir View Post
I go to Houston a couple times every year, and always rent an Avis car, but for the past few years, I never received any Aeroplan points from Avis, not a single time, even though each time at the IAH Avis rental desk my Aeroplan number was entered. I just never bother to go back and phone them.

Last week, I finally changed to Budget.
Same company, so that's not really a change.
In fact, they are now sharing booths and cars at, for example, YUL.

Search this Thread