The Overnight Bag.. or not !

Old Nov 8, 10, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
The Overnight Bag.. or not !

I was a little surprised that on my flight from LHR to YYZ last week in J that AC does not give out any overnight / wash bags because its a 'day flight' - as the FA kindly told me!

This is ridiculous! Westbound flight times are longer than eastbound flights and we don't get the washbags just because it's 'daytime' ?
Old Nov 8, 10, 10:32 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
That's the overnight bag, as you named it. So it would be for overnight use.

Having said that, I personally really don't care for the AC night bag. The only thing I would use might be the Mentos inside it. Most of the time, I just leave it untouched in my seat for the cleaners/disembarking pax to take...
Old Nov 8, 10, 11:00 am

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
I was a little surprised that on my flight from LHR to YYZ last week in J that AC does not give out any overnight / wash bags because its a 'day flight' - as the FA kindly told me!

This is ridiculous! Westbound flight times are longer than eastbound flights and we don't get the washbags just because it's 'daytime' ?
I received an amenity kit this spring on a LHR-YYZ flight. IIRC it was cheaper looking than the usual silver amenity kits given out on overnight flights - it was made of a dark grey cloth and had most of the same stuff inside.
Old Nov 8, 10, 11:03 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (Lifetime Gold)
I agree - no big whoop. The only thing I'd ever use is the ugly blue socks which I leave on the plane and the end anyway.

I've found most airlines amenity kits to be less than what they had 10 years ago. AC is no different (IIRC they had Ferragamo as late as 5 years ago).

However, I still enjoy the jealous stares when I slip into my LH first class PJ's prior to calling it a night on the long hauls!

Search this Thread