Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Odd Seat Assignments (only port seats filled)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL

Just noticed something very odd checking on for a jazz flight tomorrow; I was assigned 2C and for some reason all other A and C seats on the flight were not available (i.e., taken or blocked) from the front to back; All D and F seats were open and available (except exit row of course and one pax in 3D).
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: AC Subhuman (*A silver), NW Barely Alive
Maybe the port-side engines are in better shape and can work harder?

I remember being on a Beech 1900 where something similar happened - everyone was on one side of the plane for whatever reason and the pilot asked us to space out a bit.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:20 am
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Crew Rest?

I saw this when I did seat assignment in J for a YYZ-YVR segment. I'm booking far in advance and my other segments are completely empty except for this YYZ-YVR where all the A seats are blocked in a 2-2 config.

My best theory is that those seats got reserved for crew rest or those scheduled to be deadheading that day.

--B3
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:30 am

chances are the GA will reassign the seats or the pilot will ask to have people spread out for safety reason (maintain balance/center gravity)
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ceaton
Just noticed something very odd checking on for a jazz flight tomorrow; I was assigned 2C and for some reason all other A and C seats on the flight were not available (i.e., taken or blocked) from the front to back; All D and F seats were open and available (except exit row of course and one pax in 3D).
Are you a POS (person of size)?
--
13F
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Maybe the POS is the one in 3D, and all the other required to balance his/her weight?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:07 am

ceaton, it might have to do with weight and balance in terms of cargo and guests. If there is a lot of cargo to be loaded on the flight (not only guest baggage, but also mail, packages, etc), guests might be accommodated in what would appear to be a strange configuration, if the cabin is not full, in order to balance things out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.