FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Requesting status miles for taking bus! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1144579-requesting-status-miles-taking-bus.html)

helraiser Nov 5, 2010 12:13 pm

Requesting status miles for taking bus!

Yup... you read that right. I was on a flight from ORD to YXE a coupla nights ago with a stop on YQR. Well we got to YQR to drop off some ppl. When it came time to get going again the plane had issues with the flight info system - tells the pilot the plane's speed and altitude. Anyway, the flight was scrubbed and we were booked a greyhound bus to take us to YXE.

I just checked my account and my other flights that day have been credited with the exception of the ORD-YXE one.

I called AP and after giving them my ticket number, the gent I spoke with manually entered the segment but only from ORD-YQR. He stated that's all I'd be credited with and not from ORD-YXE. I'm to fax in my BP to the elite line with a note explaining what had happened and maybe they'd give me the full credit.

Frankly I think I should still get complete miles for the entire trip and in fact, I would argue that I should get the minimum of 500 miles from YQR - YXE seeing as it wasn't a usual stop and I feel compensation is in order - but I'm not going to stress about that cuz I'm not a blotch on the earth - would've happened if we'd flown without equipment. It's usually 1123miles from YXE - ORD and 996 (according to staralliance.com) from YQR-ORD. You could argue that it's only 127 miles but that's 127 status miles plus my 50% bonus. Might get me a toothpick or something :)

No, the bus didn't have AC or United decals on it but I'm sure the flight number would've changed seeing as we rode a bus back from YQR so... arguments can be made hehe. The bus driver did an outstanding job getting the grumpy 15 or so of us back in decent time - only 3.5hrs after we were supposed to arrive. I'm going to fax my stuff to them but has anyone had any similar experience and what was the outcome? Should I be asking AC or UA for some sort of credit (it was an AC itinerary but flying UA metal.)

Maybe next time I won't go YXE-ORD-LAX-LAS and return for <$350 a/i.

pitz Nov 5, 2010 12:23 pm

15 people on the continuation to YXE and $350 fares, eh? Can't see that flight lasting too much longer then...

global happy traveller Nov 5, 2010 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by helraiser (Post 15081583)
Yup... you read that right. I was on a flight from ORD to YXE a coupla nights ago with a stop on YQR. Well we got to YQR to drop off some ppl. When it came time to get going again the plane had issues with the flight info system - tells the pilot the plane's speed and altitude. Anyway, the flight was scrubbed and we were booked a greyhound bus to take us to YXE.

I just checked my account and my other flights that day have been credited with the exception of the ORD-YXE one.

I called AP and after giving them my ticket number, the gent I spoke with manually entered the segment but only from ORD-YQR. He stated that's all I'd be credited with and not from ORD-YXE. I'm to fax in my BP to the elite line with a note explaining what had happened and maybe they'd give me the full credit.

Frankly I think I should still get complete miles for the entire trip and in fact, I would argue that I should get the minimum of 500 miles from YQR - YXE seeing as it wasn't a usual stop and I feel compensation is in order - but I'm not going to stress about that cuz I'm not a blotch on the earth - would've happened if we'd flown without equipment. It's usually 1123miles from YXE - ORD and 996 (according to staralliance.com) from YQR-ORD. You could argue that it's only 127 miles but that's 127 status miles plus my 50% bonus. Might get me a toothpick or something :)

No, the bus didn't have AC or United decals on it but I'm sure the flight number would've changed seeing as we rode a bus back from YQR so... arguments can be made hehe. The bus driver did an outstanding job getting the grumpy 15 or so of us back in decent time - only 3.5hrs after we were supposed to arrive. I'm going to fax my stuff to them but has anyone had any similar experience and what was the outcome? Should I be asking AC or UA for some sort of credit (it was an AC itinerary but flying UA metal.)

Maybe next time I won't go YXE-ORD-LAX-LAS and return for <$350 a/i.

send it to whoever operated the flight

pitz Nov 5, 2010 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller (Post 15081697)
send it to whoever operated the flight

Skywest Airlines??

global happy traveller Nov 5, 2010 3:15 pm

(it was an AC itinerary but flying UA metal.)

I would send it UA as a follow up.... and copy AC on it......

helraiser Nov 5, 2010 7:49 pm

UA offered $150 credit for flights originating and ending in the US, 8000 miles (non-status) or 10% off next flight. Took the 10%.

Have to wait till Dec 1st to see what AP does with my mileage credit request. Urgh...

helraiser Nov 8, 2010 7:41 am

Wow... AP credited the full miles yesterday. I did fax them a copy of my BP with an explanation of what happened, in addition to speaking with a couple of agents but kudos on the quick action!