Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits start?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Avis President's Club
Benefits start?

I did look around, including this thread, but it doesn't answer my specific question...so I figure the crowd is wiser than me.

My friend is about to be a new SE. Been E for years, but he is driven by the desire to use IKK for a trip in February.

So although the certs won't come until late Feb, will IKK be available to him in early Jan?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluenose77
So although the certs won't come until late Feb, will IKK be available to him in early Jan?
Who says certs won't come Jan 1?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Technically status is for the year March 1 - Feb 28.
If you get it early, count it as a bonus.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Stranger
Who says certs won't come Jan 1?
The recent email and announcement concerning e-upgrades state that "Starting in December, you will be able to manage and use your eUpgrade Credits for travel on any Air Canada or Jazz® flight as of March 1, 2011". I have already assumed that my original plan to try to use an SSWU in late Jan is not an option, since there will be no longer be any "certificates" and the e system will not be available for use at that time.

I would assume that IKK will be available to SEs as soon as their status is confirmed, ie, can be used in Jan as asked by the OP, but no Jan/Feb upgrades using 2011 benefits until March.

By the way, what is the official FT acronym for e-upgrades going to be?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:00 am

u just missed the early status recgonition deadline..... so SE would start in 2011
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:08 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

As long as your status is updated to SE, you can take advantage of the Priority Rewards benefit (no need to wait until Mar 1). There won't be certificates next year, more info on how the E-Upgrade program will work when we communicate the details in Dec.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by fin 645
By the way, what is the official FT acronym for e-upgrades going to be?
I guess E-U is out of the question? (pronouce it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.