Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude ticket change question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100k, Star Alliance Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Westjet Gold, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Latitude ticket change question

Here's a question for the experts.....I purchased a Latitude ticket a few months back and got the upgrade to J. I checked the fare today and it has dropped by 20%. If I want to get the new fare, do I have to cancel the old ticket, purchase a new ticket, and hope for a new upgrade or can AC reservations either adjust the fare, or issue a new ticket with the upgrade still intact?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Latitude being upgradeable at the time of purchase, my first step would be to check if there currently is upgrade inventory available. Which the air canada web page will show.

If there is, you just cancel, and rebook and re-upgrade.

If there is no upgrade inventory available, it may well be that when you cancel your seat and upgrade, the seat may revert to the upgrade inventory. To keep it on a new reservation, I don't know?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
What route?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE
I've successfully called AC in this exact set of circumstances and had them issue a refund for the difference. YMMV. My success rate as been <50%. If the first agent you get doesn't want to do it, phone back and ask another.

If you do have to cancel, be forewarned if there's no R space left (i.e. no upgrade icon when you search for the flight on aircanada.com). If there are other folks on the wait list, you won't get your upgrade confirmed when you repurchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.