Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: When can I do OLCI for upgrade waitlisting with a codeshare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: When can I do OLCI for upgrade waitlisting with a codeshare?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
When can I do OLCI for upgrade waitlisting with a codeshare?

Originally Posted by zorn
How do you make the calculation? Suppose your flight leaves on August 11. Two days before is August 9. Four days before is August 7. Seven days before is August 4. You can call at 12:00am. The relevant time zone is the one corresponding to the flight departure. So, if the flight leaves from YYZ, you can call at midnight YYZ-time.
I'm flying SGN-HKG on UA862 (departs 0610h), connecting to AC8 from HKG-YVR (departs 1910h) and AC254 from YVR-YEG (departs 2230h), all on Nov. 14. I'd like to use my SSWU for HKG-YVR-YEG.

I gather from the above information that I can call to request an upgrade/waitlist at midnight Hong Kong time on Nov. 10.

Assuming I don't get the upgrade (showing J5 R0 HKG-YVR right now, so I know the chances are slim to begin with), when will OLCI open for me to make my request? Will it be 24h before my 0610 departure from SGN on UA, or 24h before my 1910h departure from HKG (the first AC leg)?

This was all booked via AC.com and the UA flight is actually listed as the AC5862 codeshare if that makes any difference.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:02 am

your OLCI will open 24 hours prior to AC254.... unless some mircale has happened (like a computer error)

OLCI used to be 24 hours prior to the first flight, but have since been changed to 24 hours prior to the last flight

as for UA862 you will need to do a separate OLCI for UA, despite having an Air Canada flight number

if the worse case scenario happens, i suggest you contact HKG ground staff or AC conceierge/supervisor upon arrival at HKG.... counters should be opened for the YYZ flight at that time....so approaching that connections counter or around 2+pm at the gate will help.

Last edited by global happy traveller; Oct 31, 2010 at 11:08 am
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Seriously? 24h before the last flight?

If so, that would mean OLCI opens at 1330h on Nov. 14 in SGN, despite the fact that I will be departing at 0610h!

Is it possible to check in earlier by phone, or at least get put on the list sooner?

I don't suppose the UA agent at SGN will be of any help.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
I read somewhere on this forum (and have tried searching a couple of times) that you might be able to 'de-link' your connecting flights, so that you can OLCI for the first leg at the 24hr window. Did I dream that, or can someone enlighten me as how to go about it.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:59 pm

AC doesnt have phone check in.... and in my experience with SIN airport, no one knows how to put me on a standby list using SSWU.....

i travel YYZ/SIN many times...and i know how frustrating it is...cause on the flight to SIN AC OLCI recgonizes the codeshare and pegs the last flight to the codeshare.... then on the way back they disown the codeshre and recgonizes the last flight in north america, which is 12 hours away..... i hope we can advocate AC to have this changed.... first flight

as for delinking connections, I am not sure if thats possible, afterall they are all tied to the same booking reference which they use to identify the flights you are travelling on the booking..... but wont hurt to give AC IT or AC Res a call and give it a try....

let us know how u make out...... and let me know whether we should campaign AC to peg upgrades to flight flight.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.