Will I have time?

Old Oct 28, 10, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Will I have time?

Flying to SFO on DEC 25 to return the 29th and have the following connections to make.

Land in PHL with 1 hr to transfer to flight to SFO--> I fly in on US and take US to SFO (land 1pm take off 2pm)

on the way back I face a similar situation-->depart SFO and land in IAD and have 1 hr to catch my flight to ROC- I land on UA and continue on on UA.

I'm asking because I'm not familiar with IAD or PHL (land 8 am depart 9 am). Can anyone speak from experience?? It's winter and am worried about whether or not I will have time both ways.

thanks
Old Oct 28, 10, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
I should mention the land 8 am takeoff 9 am is for the leg back, IAD to rochester.
Old Oct 28, 10, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Are you sure you're posting this in the right forum? Why not try US or UA where lots of people transit IAD and PHL every day?

Weather is always an uncertainty at that time of year, but if your flight is late arriving, most will also be late departing. Biggest issue at both terminals is if your flights depart from different terminals or wings which may require taking a train or bus.
Old Oct 28, 10, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
PHL is a big terminal. With any delays you will be cutting it pretty close, since USAir closes the jetway door 5-10 min before the departure time.

Search this Thread