Egypt Air Mileage Credit

Old Oct 27, 10, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Egypt Air Mileage Credit

Can I get *A credits for flying Egypt Air? The route was CDG to CAI. I had my Aeroplan number on my etickets.
Old Oct 27, 10, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC*A
A simple search on Aeroplan.com will tell you.

Short answer is yes.

http://www1.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...rtner=EgyptAir

Mileage earning rates vary depending on the fare class you were booked in.
Old Oct 27, 10, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Thanks for the quick reply. I should have checked the aeroplan site. I've been waiting for over 2 months for the miles to be credited.
Old Oct 27, 10, 7:20 pm

i took an Egypt Air flight a few years ago on their 777, which must have been the first one off the line because it was in pretty rough shape...

If I recall I too had trouble with the miles posting and had to send in the itinerary and BP to AP to have them credited.
Old Oct 27, 10, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brewster View Post
Can I get *A credits for flying Egypt Air? The route was CDG to CAI. I had my Aeroplan number on my etickets.
You are eligible for miles - whether you get them or not is a different story. Many people on this board have encountered difficulties with the miles posting. Also, their discounted economy earns something ridiculous like 20%
Old Oct 27, 10, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Getting credits from MS is like pulling teeth (See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-aeroplan.html).

As for a solution: Draft a quick letter noting your problem and send it with your BPs to Aeroplan. Give it 3 weeks and if they haven't credited, then start with the calls. You will eventually get the miles, but it will take some work.
Old Oct 28, 10, 9:13 am

Programs: AC MM SE; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
but do check the fare class against the aerolpan site info for the airline. I was expecting miles on a thai flight, but when i looked closely the discount fare class i flew got no miles.

Search this Thread