Search

Compensation - IFE not working

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
20 % off discount code??

Originally Posted by why fly
Send letter/email to AC about broken IFE, I did and got a 20% off cert

More people need to complain, its the only way the system will ever be fixed.
I would like to know more details for how you came by a 20 % off cert?

I follow up with AC on IFE problems, and rarely have I seen 20 %. The norm is 5 % and (infrequently) 10 %. Increasingly, it is zero.

IFE malfunction is widespread, and for int'l flights it is a more serious problem than short-haul.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:03 am
alc

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The norm is 5 % and (infrequently) 10 %. Increasingly, it is zero.
This is why I select "miles" back in March when mine is not working. End up got 5000 AP, where I actually found surprise to be that high.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
I had back-to-back flights where IFE was inoperable. I filed on both. I received a 10% credit on one and the other got ignored. I probably should have forced the issue as I used the 10% on a YYZ-YVR flight and could you have used another for a quick getaway to RSW this weekend (sitting at IAH awaiting my cnx as we speak).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by alc
i hope you know you are ^-ing a comment that was made almost 2 years ago
To be fair I didn't resurrect this conversation I'm just piling on!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Thank you for that reply. It would be wise for me to retrieve that discount code when I will actually need it since it expires after 1 year. It says I have up to 1 year to get that discount code after my flight in May when the issue came up. As for the flights, I am happy that I can use it for up to 4 people. Thanks.

Originally Posted by alc
It is usually about 1 year after 1-2 days when you rec'd the code. So, if you rec'd the code on July 16, it will be expired something like July 18, 2013. If you want to know the exact date, you can wait a few weeks when you can book something that is way in advance, then select your return date to be the last date possible. The web site will give you an error and state you had selected a day above and beyond the promo code period.

Most email that I got state for up to 2 PAX, but in my own practice, it is good for up to 4 PAX on a single booking. You can really just test it out yourself by select the number of PAX on the web site to confirm.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
more IFE problems

At the risk of piling on, I am growing increasingly frustrated by the state of AC's IFE's:
- CBC/Radio Canada are not available;
- screens are too small to watch a decent film;
- the film selections are atrocious (compared to UA) & change at random;
- the new releases require watching a 30 minute infomercial from Cineplex;
- the touch screens are slow to respond, if at all;
Compensation used to be automatic, and now it is harder & harder to get.
Any good news? Is replacement imminent??
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
30 minute infomercial?! Are you sure about that?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
At the risk of piling on, I am growing increasingly frustrated by the state of AC's IFE's:
- CBC/Radio Canada are not available;
- screens are too small to watch a decent film;
- the film selections are atrocious (compared to UA) & change at random;
- the touch screens are slow to respond, if at all;
Compensation used to be automatic, and now it is harder & harder to get.
Any good news? Is replacement imminent??
While I'm no fan of AC and will ask for compensation when appropriate, your reasons for doing so are NOT appropriate. To me, compensation kicks in when it's not working.

Originally Posted by payam81
30 minute infomercial?! Are you sure about that?
Just got off a YVR-YYZ flight. As opposed to 2 weeks ago, the IFE now adds a 10 min (really!) Cineplex "upcoming releases" infomercial to the other ads you have to FF in order to get the movie you want.

Yes, you can FF but 10 min? Seriously? That's like forcing someone to sit through a "fat blaster" (or other related crap) infomercial.

Yes, maybe AC should pay us to watch that....
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Braindrain
While I'm no fan of AC and will ask for compensation when appropriate, your reasons for doing so are NOT appropriate. To me, compensation kicks in when it's not working.

Just got off a YVR-YYZ flight. As opposed to 2 weeks ago, the IFE now adds a 10 min (really!) Cineplex "upcoming releases" infomercial to the other ads you have to FF in order to get the movie you want.

Yes, you can FF but 10 min? Seriously? That's like forcing someone to sit through a "fat blaster" (or other related crap) infomercial.

Yes, maybe AC should pay us to watch that....
Wow that's pretty lame! Don't these companies understand by annoying people this way, the ads might actually have the exact opposite effect?

I didn't notice this on wide body aircraft though yet so perhaps limited to NA for now.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I just had a disappointing experience with IFE on a paid J trip YYZ/CDG and then LHR/YYZ. Is it always so shaky?

On the way over, it didn't work at all. Seemed to affect a number of passengers. Didn't matter that much since I slept for a lot of it. Flight attendant promised compensation but never followed up.

On the way back, I immediately checked to see if it was working, and it was. Watched 1 movie and then about 15 minutes of another and the whole system crashed. Just me (no other seats apparently). Got a compensation form this time from the flight attendant (I hand wrote in the outbound flight).

Don't have an Aeroplan account so we'll see what, if anything, they come up with. Love the seats but having to rely on an iPad really does reduce my willingness to pay for full freight on AC next time.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I just had a disappointing experience with IFE on a paid J trip YYZ/CDG and then LHR/YYZ. Is it always so shaky?

On the way over, it didn't work at all. Seemed to affect a number of passengers. Didn't matter that much since I slept for a lot of it. Flight attendant promised compensation but never followed up.

On the way back, I immediately checked to see if it was working, and it was. Watched 1 movie and then about 15 minutes of another and the whole system crashed. Just me (no other seats apparently). Got a compensation form this time from the flight attendant (I hand wrote in the outbound flight).

Don't have an Aeroplan account so we'll see what, if anything, they come up with. Love the seats but having to rely on an iPad really does reduce my willingness to pay for full freight on AC next time.
I would always bring my own tablet. I get my own selection of TV/movies, a bigger, better screen, etc.

I was flying YYZ-YVR on Sunday, in an aisle seat, and the IFE in the middle seat of my row wasn't working. The woman sitting there had just purchased headphones, so she had to return them. I mentioned (to the FA) she should get some kind of compensation, but the woman beside me piped up and said she was an airline employee, so couldn't get anything. The FA brought three forms back later, one for each of us. I declined mine (my IFE was mostly working, and I was using my tablet anyway), the employee declined hers, and the guy in the window took his, and probably had no idea what it was, since he hadn't paid attention to anything that was going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.