Maple Leaf Lounge Passes

Old Oct 20, 10, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Maple Leaf Lounge Passes

Dumb question about these...

I am Elite...thus get into the Lounge's for free.

I notice that my Maple Leaf Lounge passes don't have my name on them...like the First Class Upgrades do...

So can I just give these way to random people (parents, co-workers, etc)...and they can use them? (without me being there).

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 20, 10, 9:35 am

Yes to ALL!!!
Old Oct 20, 10, 10:34 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Anyone can use them, provided one is on a AC/Jazz/Star Alliance flight.
Old Oct 20, 10, 11:15 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Braindrain View Post
Anyone can use them, provided one is on a AC/Jazz/Star Alliance flight.
I thought you needed to fly on on an AC operated flight. Are you sure you can use them when flying a Star Alliance partner?
Old Oct 20, 10, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Ok, could be wrong. I'd have to double-check.
Old Oct 20, 10, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
AC operated flight. No Star Alliance flights allowed on MLL passes
Old Oct 20, 10, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

I had given a co-worker a pass (the ones I get through Aeroplan for becoming Prestige/Elite)...and he tried to use it in Edmonton...on Saturday.

And while it doesn't have my name printed on it...when they scanned the bar code thing my name came up...and they wouldn't let the guy in because he wasn't me.

Does that make sense to anyone?
Old Oct 20, 10, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by mjjhorto View Post
I had given a co-worker a pass (the ones I get through Aeroplan for becoming Prestige/Elite)...and he tried to use it in Edmonton...on Saturday.

And while it doesn't have my name printed on it...when they scanned the bar code thing my name came up...and they wouldn't let the guy in because he wasn't me.

Does that make sense to anyone?
Nope. They are not personalized. Why would an Elite or SE need a pass for lounge access?
Old Oct 20, 10, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Yeah exactly...

He was flying AC Jazz...up to Yellowknife...so I am not sure if the fact that it was a Jazz flight had anything to do with it.
Old Oct 20, 10, 3:06 pm

lounge pass at NRT

i am looking for a FT to sponsor my brother into lounge in NRT on Oct31 as he is T+ fare. He reaches Prestige after this flight YYZ HKG KUL NRT YYZ. I have an unused unregistered IHG booklet that I just found if useful. I gave away my MLL passes earlier in the year to other FT's so I am out of these.
Old Oct 20, 10, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mtensioners View Post
i am looking for a FT to sponsor my brother into lounge in NRT on Oct31 as he is T+ fare. He reaches Prestige after this flight YYZ HKG KUL NRT YYZ. I have an unused unregistered IHG booklet that I just found if useful. I gave away my MLL passes earlier in the year to other FT's so I am out of these.
There´s no MLL in NRT, so unfortunately you´re out of luck. You could try posting the flight number in the "itineraries forum" and maybe a fellow FTer will be in NRT at the same time.
Old Oct 20, 10, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
There´s no MLL in NRT, so unfortunately you´re out of luck. You could try posting the flight number in the "itineraries forum" and maybe a fellow FTer will be in NRT at the same time.
Is there a *A lounge in NRT?
Lounge was a thought as he arrives from KUL at 7am and departs at 17:10. Told him to leave the airport and go to town but he isn't sure he has enough time. Never been there so I could not give suggestions.
Old Oct 20, 10, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Lounge was a thought as he arrives from KUL at 7am and departs at 17:10. Told him to leave the airport and go to town but he isn't sure he has enough time. Never been there so I could not give suggestions.
Yes, there are NH (my preference), CO and UA lounges at NRT T1. Narita Express (train) to central Tokyo takes about an hour and costs about $40 each way.
Old Oct 20, 10, 4:17 pm

Yes there's a *A lounge - several. Visit www.staralliance.com to see the list and locations.

That's enough time to get into the city but not to see a lot of things. The Narita Express train will get him to downtown Tokyo within 90 minutes or so (if I recall correctly), so his downtown time would be around 6 hours before he has to turn around and head out.
Old Oct 20, 10, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by cam_macleod View Post
Yes there's a *A lounge - several. Visit www.staralliance.com to see the list and locations.

That's enough time to get into the city but not to see a lot of things. The Narita Express train will get him to downtown Tokyo within 90 minutes or so (if I recall correctly), so his downtown time would be around 6 hours before he has to turn around and head out.
Is it worth his time to see Tokyo and what would he want to see within the 6 hours if he does make the trip downtown?

Search this Thread