Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Stroller in overhead compartment on 77w ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G

We usually fly yyz - muc in J on a 763 aircraft and there was never a problem to put our umbrella stroller in the the overhead compartment this time we fly yul - fra in J on a 77w , does anyone knows if there is space to store it in the overhead compartment ?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:05 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
It should be no problem, as the bins of the B777 are on of the biggest (in any case larger than the B767).
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:36 am

In J it should be fine, or at very least they can probably find you a place in a closet. In Y I would find it annoying as space certainly can be tight when the plane is full. Why not gate check the stroller?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
According to AC policy, my understanding is the answer would be no so you can't guarantee consistency, hope for an accommodating crew.

I have twin toddlers, so I understand fully what it's like to travel with kids, but I have to ask why you feel the need to bring a stroller on board and block up an overhead bin? I wouldn't allow this, because first it would be a small umbrella, then a larger one, etc...even the smallest umbrella strollers are still clunky.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Gajan
It should be no problem, as the bins of the B777 are on of the biggest (in any case larger than the B767).
The bins on the 76 are "twinned" so you can store stuff across 2 bins. 77 is not - this may be a factor.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Why not gate check the stroller?
I like to bring the stroller on board so that I can leave the plane right away after landing so that I have not to wait.And over the last years it was never a problem but as I said its the first time on a 77w .So I was not sure about the space.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
According to AC policy, my understanding is the answer would be no so you can't guarantee consistency, hope for an accommodating crew.

I have twin toddlers, so I understand fully what it's like to travel with kids, but I have to ask why you feel the need to bring a stroller on board and block up an overhead bin? I wouldn't allow this, because first it would be a small umbrella, then a larger one, etc...even the smallest umbrella strollers are still clunky.
I would have asked the same but OP mentioned they're flying J so effectively that bin isn't shared with other pax so I can't see why there would be any problems.

Y would be a totally different game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.