Wiki Posts
Search

Unknown Mileage Deduction

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Unknown Mileage Deduction

I just qualified for Elite a few days ago and selected all of my privileges, including 1,000 bonus status miles.

Today, I noticed the strangest thing in my account transactions:

Is this normal? What is this mileage deduction?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
When you got your Prestige kit you must have selected 1500 status miles as one of your choices. If you make early E or SE, those SMs are deducted from your account so you can select that or another option when you get your welcome email and make your E choices (which could include 2500 SMs but not really worth it since you're likely not going for SE). But don't worry, the loss of those SMs won't affect your just achieved E status if your SM total now drops slightly below 35K. Just one of AC's little ideosyncracies. So welcome to the upper echelons...hope you don't get addicted to this stuff!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I wonder why he only got 1,000 status miles as an Elite bonus? Looks like they've double-deducted?

- nevermind, I forgot that they had split the 2,500 points into two choices.

Last edited by Tax Dude; Sep 22, 2010 at 2:15 pm
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
When you got your Prestige kit you must have selected 1500 status miles as one of your choices. If you make early E or SE, those SMs are deducted from your account so you can select that or another option when you get your welcome email and make your E choices (which could include 2500 SMs but not really worth it since you're likely not going for SE). But don't worry, the loss of those SMs won't affect your just achieved E status if your SM total now drops slightly below 35K. Just one of AC's little ideosyncracies.
Yes, I definitely did select 1,500 SMs as a Prestige privilege. Thanks for the explanation, that made perfect sense! Now, if I knew that before... I wouldn't have selected the 1,000 SMs...

Originally Posted by Shareholder
So welcome to the upper echelons...hope you don't get addicted to this stuff!
...I've been addicted with the idea of Elite long before I even qualified. FlyerTalk was the gateway to my addiction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.