Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Trying to work out whether I am eligible for the Air Canada Stopover program.
Booked on AC738 arriving in YYZ at 20:20. Connecting to AC846 departing YYZ at 20:20 the following day. Exactly 24 hours later.
I try logging onto the website and get the error message "Sorry, you can only book a Stopover stay for layovers over 6 hours and under 24 hours."
I've just rechecked flights and it seems there was a schedule change to AC738, now arriving 20:18 which means my layover is technically 24 hours 2 minutes now.

Website/Terms/FAQs does not make any reference that the layover needs to be under 24 hours.
How would you approach this?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:57 pm

Hi all! My partner and I have two separate bookings for the same journey with a possibility of booking the Air Canada Stopover rooms (Marriott Fairfield Inn and Suites in Montreal on the way out and Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport on the way back), both for $49 per night, but that would mean we'd have to get one room each (senseless). Has anyone in here booked a stopover room for 1 person and actually showed up at the hotel as a couple? Would it work or would we have to pay extra? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by manumission88
Hi all! My partner and I have two separate bookings for the same journey with a possibility of booking the Air Canada Stopover rooms (Marriott Fairfield Inn and Suites in Montreal on the way out and Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport on the way back), both for $49 per night, but that would mean we'd have to get one room each (senseless). Has anyone in here booked a stopover room for 1 person and actually showed up at the hotel as a couple? Would it work or would we have to pay extra? Thanks in advance!
We've done it. (One paid J, one reward J). It wasn't a problem. Double occupancy and single occupancy rates for hotels are the same.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Stopover Program Issue

Hi Folks

I had a previous thread about a schedule change that led to a ridiculous layover. There aren't really any alternatives to that so I thought, what the hell I will use the stopover program to snag a hotel room. I now have an 8 hour connection at YYZ.

However, my flight is YXE-CPH-ARN outward, but just CPH-YXE on the way back. Apparently, multi-city itineraries don't qualify. Given that AC has now made this an 8hr stopver, is there anyone I can ask about this to see if I can book a cheap room? Or am I SOL.

Anyone got experience with this, or who would I contact to see if I can get around this?

Again, any advice greatly appreciated.

Greetings from YXE, the sweetest smelling armpit in Canada, unless you are some bitter Stamps fan who cannot abide the fact that your team always chokes.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
That’s my biggest frustration with the stopover program. I have an open jaw YYC-YVR-PVG out and HKG-YVR-YYC in ticket in business class for July. It also does not qualify because it’s multi city and not a plain round trip.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
Stopover program is no longer offered to passengers with a reward ticket. Not sure when this changed but we had reward tickets in the fall of 2017, YSB-SRQ and used the stopover program in YYZ.
Your itinerary must include at least one city outside Canada *and* the U.S. as well as a connection in Toronto, Montréal or Vancouver of over 6 hours. Strangely their website says "Your itinerary includes at least one city outside Canada or the U.S. as well as a connection in Toronto, Montréal or Vancouver of over 6 hours." yet in French it reads "Votre itinéraire comprend au moins une ville à l’extérieur du Canada et des États-Unis, ainsi qu’une escale de plus de six heures à Toronto, à Montréal ou à Vancouver." and in Spanish "Su itinerario incluye al menos una ciudad fuera de Canadá o de los Estados Unidos y una conexión en Toronto, Montreal o Vancouver de más de 6 horas."
Maybe they should have people who's first language is English proof read their websites or at least make sure all their translations mean the same thing..
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:22 am

Less hotels being offered now?
I'm looking to use this program in August. Only two hotel choices near YYZ.
The Alt and a Holiday Inn.
In the spring I was given four choices. The Sheraton at T3 being one of them.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by tracon
Less hotels being offered now?
I'm looking to use this program in August. Only two hotel choices near YYZ.
The Alt and a Holiday Inn.
In the spring I was given four choices. The Sheraton at T3 being one of them.
I got the Sheraton for August a month or so ago. $15, paid J ticket. Note, there might be more than one page of hotels (even though there are only two on the first page), I nearly missed this. For March next year it keeps telling me there are technical issues (likely too far ahead). Did you get points etc on the Sheraton stay?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:20 am

Only one page of listings, "Found 2 hotels"

I couldn't find my SPG number in time. However I have collected Marriott points for my stays there.
This trip and my previous trip, no Marriott hotels offered for a YYZ overnight.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:17 pm

Shot in the dark, but is it possible to change stopover hotels after they have been booked? I have the Sandman for YYZ outbound and a Holiday Inn in YUL on the way back for a paid J ticket leaving this week. Looking at the ACV stopover website, it looks like I can cancel but is there anyway to see if there is a better option (like the Sheraton Gateway in YYZ) that I could switch to just to make life easier.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:23 pm

You can't book the hotel within 96 hours of travel.
Does that leave you enough time for your outbound?
The Sheraton hasn't been available for me since I bought tickets over a month ago.
Travel next week.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by tracon
You can't book the hotel within 96 hours of travel.
Does that leave you enough time for your outbound?
The Sheraton hasn't been available for me since I bought tickets over a month ago.
Travel next week.
Thanks for taking the time to answer, we are inside the 96 hours so we'll just stick with what we have. We never saw a Sheraton option either when we first booked, just wondered about avoiding a shuttle if possible.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Stopover program

Have any SE's tried to get a cheap hotel in YYZ on a transborder flight with this "international" program?

I'm looking at a few months commuting to DFW, and the return options have me leaving far too early Thursday, or spending all Friday daylight flying, or stopping over in YYZ. I loathe to fight with cab drivers or shuttles to go even to the Marriott, so the Sheraton is pretty tempting. But maybe difficult to justify at $300, list.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Transborder layover exceeding four hours would already cause a fare break, and since the stopover program requires a single through fare, no transborder fares qualify.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: *A 50K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Does anyone know what hotels are available for stopover in Vancouver?
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.