ANA availability tool blocked...

Old Aug 31, 10, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, StarWood Gold
ANA availability tool blocked...

Hi everyone! :-)

I am a long time reader and I find this Aeroplan community amazing! I would like to thank everyone for keeping this forum alive and always interesting (except for the thread about next year SE tag color... just joking!)

It's seems that some users (like YukonPrince) used the ANA tool to see reward tickets availability on Star Alliance Partners. I would like to do the same for a mini RTW ticket.

I registered to the ANA Mileage Club today but too bad:

"The Partner Flight Award search function is not available for passengers who do not have any mileage balance."

It seems that ANA decided not a long time ago to block this feature. I guess it was good the time it lasts!

Is there an alternative? Another website? Or, should I consider earning ANA miles buying something online from their mileage partners, i.e. Magazines (I am not reading Japanese though...lol) to collect few miles?

Any idea welcome!
Old Aug 31, 10, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check out this previous discussion....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ilability+tool
Old Aug 31, 10, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Smile Thanks!

Originally Posted by airbus320 View Post
Check out this previous discussion....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ilability+tool
Thank you Airbus320.
That was my fear for my first post...to duplicate! Sorry about that. Will try alternatives on the recommended thread.
Old Aug 31, 10, 4:46 pm

Programs: FT
welcome...glad you posted.

i think thread noted, without a welcome, contains a work around but since i have not had to follow the same, i am not so sure.
Old Aug 31, 10, 4:53 pm

There is a work around which still works perfectly and is reported in many of the threads. Please read up on the linked threads in the ANA forum to track it down -- much like SE contact numbers, best not to spread the information too far in case ANA decides they want to block it further.
Old Aug 31, 10, 6:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by cam_macleod View Post
There is a work around which still works perfectly and is reported in many of the threads. Please read up on the linked threads in the ANA forum to track it down -- much like SE contact numbers, best not to spread the information too far in case ANA decides they want to block it further.
I did rent a Hertz car and had points posted to ANA but it still does not work the regular way.

The work-a-round works just fine though.
Old Aug 31, 10, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone,

The first "workaround" described works well!
Awesome! I won't have to purchase a Japanese magazine subscription for now!
Cheers,
Old Sep 1, 10, 7:05 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA MP 1K, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Is it just me, or is the work around no longer working? Tried and failed this morning.
Old Sep 1, 10, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post
Thank you Airbus320.
That was my fear for my first post...to duplicate! Sorry about that. Will try alternatives on the recommended thread.
It was not my intention to be critical but to be helpful and point you in the right direction.

I agree that my post could be be viewed as critical and for that I apologize. I pledge to do better.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the info that you need
Old Sep 1, 10, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi View Post
Is it just me, or is the work around no longer working? Tried and failed this morning.
I tried the first suggestion in this thread on the bmi board today, and it worked fine.
Old Sep 1, 10, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yyzgigi View Post
Which of the workarounds? I'm still using the GreaseMonkey version that I put together and it is working just fine.
Old Sep 1, 10, 10:21 am

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Have you considered the Expert Flyer Trial?

I believe Expertflyer.com has a free trial option. This would allow you to plan your (the OP's) mini RTW trip.

As for Expertflyer, I subscribe to it and use it regularly. It is a great travel planning tool.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: