Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Class of Service bonus EQMs on all partners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Class of Service bonus EQMs on all partners?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Class of Service bonus EQMs on all partners?

Do the CoS bonus miles apply for all partner airlines or only on some carriers?

Reading through the Aeroplan website sometimes it says something like:
Aeroplan Miles and Aeroplan Flight Segments accumulated on Turkish Airlines, including all class of service bonuses, count towards obtaining Air Canada Top-Tier status.
and sometimes it says something like:
Aeroplan Miles and Aeroplan Flight Segments accumulated on Aegean Airlines count towards obtaining Air Canada Top-Tier status.
In the latter the clause about Class of Service bonus is conspicuously absent. Does this mean that some partners do not earn the bonus EQMs?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by sbm12
Do the CoS bonus miles apply for all partner airlines or only on some carriers?

Reading through the Aeroplan website sometimes it says something like:

and sometimes it says something like:

In the latter the clause about Class of Service bonus is conspicuously absent. Does this mean that some partners do not earn the bonus EQMs?

Thanks!
I haven't looked at every airline partner, but I think you might have missed something regarding Aegean Airlines. The website says you can earn up to 125% of mileage flown on Aegean, and that there's a 25% bonus for business class.

ETA: Actually, it looks like flying on any airline with a business and/or first class will get you a COS bonus.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ylwae
I haven't looked at every airline partner, but I think you might have missed something regarding Aegean Airlines. The website says you can earn up to 125% of mileage flown on Aegean, and that there's a 25% bonus for business class.

ETA: Actually, it looks like flying on any airline with a business and/or first class will get you a COS bonus.
I know that there is a CoS bonus in most premium cabin seats across partners. My question is whether that applies to RDMs only or to EQMs as well in cases where not explicitly stated.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 1:10 pm

I know that there is a CoS bonus in most premium cabin seats across partners. My question is whether that applies to RDMs only or to EQMs as well in cases where not explicitly stated.
Sorry--you didn't mention RDMs in your original post. Since there's no uniform % RDM bonus for all flyers, the stated bonuses almost certainly apply to EQMs. The wording on the website suggests the same.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Sorry--you didn't mention RDMs in your original post.
Of course I didn't; I wasn't asking about that.

Since there's no uniform % RDM bonus for all flyers, the stated bonuses almost certainly apply to EQMs.
Huh? The ext about bonus RDMs for Class of Service is quite clear. What is not clear is if it also applies to EQMs. If you can find text that suggests it does please share.

The wording on the website suggests the same.
No it doesn't. In some cases the bonus EQMs are explicitly stated and in some they are not. I'm trying to determine if anyone has any practical experience and can verify this one way or the other.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:28 pm

Of course I didn't; I wasn't asking about that.
That's odd. The word 'RDM' does appear in your second post, but not your first.

In any case, my experience with all of the *A carriers I've flown and received COS bonuses on (LH, LX, OS, SQ, TG, NH, AC, UA) has been that the COS bonus has been applied to EQMs.

You're right that the Aegean portion of the website doesn't say explicitly that Aegean COS bonuses apply to EQMs. Given that the info for every *A partner on which I've received a COS bonus states "Earn up to 125% / 150% / 160% of the miles you fly", and that those figures have always applied to EQMs, I am confident that the case of Aegean is no different. The only situation in which that hasn't been true are those airlines for which the wording is "Earn up to 100% of the miles you fly". It would make no sense for Aegean to be the one airline for which the wording and COS bonus apply to RDMs only.

I'm certainly willing to admit that I might be wrong. You can hold out for someone who has flown Aegean in business class and received a COS bonus to tell you it applies to EQMs, or you can contact Aeroplan.

P.S.: This wording appears for OS: "§ Aeroplan Miles and Aeroplan Flight Segments accumulated on Austrian Airlines Group count towards obtaining Air Canada Top-Tier status."

Nonetheless, I did receive 125% EQMs (25% COS bonus for my J ticket).

Last edited by ylwae; Aug 15, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

That's odd. The word 'RDM' does appear in your second post, but not your first.
Correct. I'm not interested in RDMs. I'm interested in EQMs. You initially answered my initial question without taking in to account that I was asking specifically about EQMs so I added that text to clarify it.

In any case, my experience with all of the *A carriers I've flown and received COS bonuses on (LH, LX, SQ, TG, NH, AC, UA) has been that the COS bonus has been applied to EQMs.
Did the CoS bonus on UA, LX and SQ definitely count as EQMs? Those three do NOT have that text on their T&C pages while the others do.

This is the issue that I am trying to get to the bottom of. It makes a big difference in earning if that is simply an oversight on the web page or not actually a benefit that is earnt. Hence my asking for clarification.

Based on the couple examples you've listed it sounds like just an oversight on the webpage. Thanks for the data points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.