Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any reason why AC does not have a MLL at Calgary It'l?

Any reason why AC does not have a MLL at Calgary It'l?

Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by jlisi984
But then I fly WS because nothing is for AC transborder YYC...
traitor!!!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
Originally Posted by Shareholder
There's no lounge from the terminal AC operates from at LAS either.
Sure there is; to the left of security across from the bad duty-free store. it's airport operated and AC is the only airline in T2 that doesn't pay for access (it used to, if I recall).
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:30 pm

while i dont expect AC to open MLLs everywhere, i do expect airlines and their alliances to make lounge arrangements for most MAJOR airports

if SH assertion was true... why would we need a MLL in St Johns and Regina?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by maradori
traitor!!!
LOL - no point thougn - I got SE anyways...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Red face

Originally Posted by jlisi984
LOL - no point thougn - I got SE anyways...
And I got my MLL card anyways...

Sanosuke!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:56 pm

Considering YYC is a hub of AC they really should have one.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
if SH assertion was true... why would we need a MLL in St Johns and Regina?
Very good point GHT!!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:48 pm

Ever try to find a STAR lounge at an Australian domestic airport? Or even EZE when AC's flight departs?
Ever try to find a STAR domestic flight operated within Australia? Your comment does little to contribute to this thread.

YYC Transborder is an entirely different situation, and no doubt somewhere where AC has considered operating a lounge. The discussion isn't out of left field, and YYC Transborder is probably the place where the majority of AC posters here on FT would say that a lounge would make sense... (I'm sorry, YSB )
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

AC cheerfully charges pax $1,138 to fly YYC-SFO up front.

The excellent lounge upstairs was near EMPTY for the 3 hours yeaterday when we were there - 4pm-7pm and then it closes.

David surely you are not saying it is a good business model for AC to gouge any walk up business passengers $1,138 for a short flight from a HUB, and then expect them to sit on a plastic stool in a noisy greasy spoon, and buy their own beers????

Glen
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
David surely you are not saying it is a good business model for AC to gouge any walk up business passengers $1,138 for a short flight from a HUB, and then expect them to sit on a plastic stool in a noisy greasy spoon, and buy their own beers????
Exactly! It can't cost that much to offer lounge access to J, especially at a contract rate for ~100 people a day.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Even if they did the deal for $10 a head it would probably be a good deal from both sides?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Can anyone tell me what is food is served in this lounge? I am off to OGG soon and will have at least an hour in that lounge and will access it with my Amex.

Originally Posted by ozstamps

AC cheerfully charges pax $1,138 to fly YYC-SFO up front.

The excellent lounge upstairs was near EMPTY for the 3 hours yeaterday when we were there - 4pm-7pm and then it closes.

Glen
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
Can anyone tell me what is food is served in this lounge? I am off to OGG soon and will have at least an hour in that lounge and will access it with my Amex.
mostly cold sandwiches and cereal depending on the time of day. They also have various chips and such but that's about it. Although the wraps are good.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:11 pm

Someone mentioned an Amex Plat *or* a Priority Pass, but the best is an Amex Plat that *provides* a Priority Pass . I miss my UK card!

If I were adding one it would be Ottawa transborder. I was there yesterday for the first time and was shocked that there was no lounge! I would have thought that there would be a LOT of travel between Ottawa and DC (which is what I was doing.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC E
Why should AC have lounges everywhere? If you want 100% lounge access get yourself the type of cards and memberships that give it. Don't blame AC for a decision it has made on a cost-benefit basis...Odd that you all feel YYC is such a sh#thole you need a lounge to survive a few hours waiting for your flight.
Nobody's saying they should have lounges everywhere, but come on, Calgary should be a no-brainer as far as transborder lounges are concerned. There are a lot of valuable business customers flying between Alberta and the US.

Perhaps I'm guilty of west coast snobbery; YYC may not be a sh#thole but it fails to rank among the top 50 "airports in which I'd like to spend a lot of time".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.