FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Best/Worst MLL's (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1108034-best-worst-mlls.html)

Mauricio23 Jul 22, 2010 1:25 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...tion-ever.html

Don't get me wrong - there are worse MLLs than YVR domestic out there. However, given city and traffic size, YVR domestic absolutely blows. This also applies to drink and snack selection.

Agree with YUL international and YQB (not MLL, but still) being among the nicest.

YukonYXY Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mozzarella (Post 14347383)
YYJ should have a MLL before Saskatoon or Moncton. Even though most of their traffic is Dash 8 to YVR, they still run a lot of pax through that airport and it is one of the few provincial capitals without a lounge (other than PE and NB).

YYJ should definitely get one before Moncton or anywhere else really. Exception maybe Quebec City - but there is already a non-MLL lounge so that's different.

NordsFan Jul 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by YukonYXY (Post 14347854)
YYJ should definitely get one before Moncton or anywhere else really. Exception maybe Quebec City - but there is already a non-MLL lounge so that's different.

YQB used to have a small, key-pad entry MLL (very much like YQR's), but AC cut a deal with the airport authority to use the common lounge that was built during the 2006-2008 renovations. I doubt YQB is on any kind of list to get a seperate MLL.

Black Hawk Jul 22, 2010 3:21 pm

MLL YEG is nice

The lady at front desk was super nice and let me bring a 2nd guest in ( my little daughter). Nice beer salad and soup. The view is nice too.

Will check out the YVR int'l MLL in Oct.

:cool:

BH

jarusoba Jul 22, 2010 3:24 pm

My vote for the best is the LHR MLL, followed by the YYZ International MLL.

Worst? I don't know. The rest are more or less the same to me...:eek:

Academic Jul 22, 2010 3:58 pm

The old LHR lounge (pre-London Lounge) with a separate room for SEs was one of my favourites ;)

mtensioners Jul 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq (Post 14342663)
What improvements would make it better? It is YYT after all!!!
:D

some snacks to occupy my BELLY! otherwise ok

Jalinth Jul 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mozzarella (Post 14347383)
YYJ should have a MLL before Saskatoon or Moncton. Even though most of their traffic is Dash 8 to YVR, they still run a lot of pax through that airport and it is one of the few provincial capitals without a lounge (other than PE and NB).

But going between Victoria and Vancouver can be done by ferry, float, and helijet. The airport isn't the only alternative and not even the best alternative unless you live or work out closer to the airport.

miramshan Jul 22, 2010 10:53 pm

The view from YYC is great, but the lounge has a very cold feel to it.

Like YYZ Int'l, LHR arrivals, YEG. YYZ Dom is OK, but too crowded.

I've heard that YQB is great (although it is contracted and not actually MLL)

sksuh Jul 23, 2010 5:47 am

Worst lounge is the non-existent YYC transborder because it doesn't exist.

While the Servisair Rocky Mountain Lounge is better than nothing -- and it's free with the Amex Platinum -- it's still not a MLL.

YWG-RO Jul 23, 2010 1:24 pm

YYZ Intl is very nice. I like YWG as well.

YVR Intl is OK, but not great.

Anyone have info regarding the MLL in the new YWG terminal?

lcohen999 Jul 23, 2010 5:46 pm

YYZ Int'l is very nice. Love the open concept

I have a soft spot for YWG as it just feels a bit different to the other older lounges. YEG and YOW feel small and overcrowded

Past that, Anything that isn't new feels about the same to me... Not tones of variety...even CDG MLL feels exactly the same to any domestic MLL.

They should take a lesson from ANZ. The CHC International Lounge is still the best and benchmark of any lounge I have been in.

greenlotus Jul 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by karachi (Post 14346905)
MLL at CDG isnt great either. any lounge where you have to step outside to visit the toilet cant be great.

I can deal with having to leave the lounge to use the bathroom as long as they have a nice Piper-Heidsieck. Must have drank half the bottle before my flight last time!

My list of faves: YWG, new YOW, YYZ transborder, YYT, YUL transborder
Worst: YVR dom, YYC (always a zoo)

YEG USER Jul 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by sksuh (Post 14351115)
Worst lounge is the non-existent YYC transborder because it doesn't exist.

While the Servisair Rocky Mountain Lounge is better than nothing -- and it's free with the Amex Platinum -- it's still not a MLL.

I actually much prefer the Servisair lounge to most of the domestic/transborder MLL's I've been in due to the much larger selection of foods, etc.

WR Cage Jul 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Best Lounge = YYZ International. Spacious, high back seats, lots of food and drinks.

Worst Lounge =
The new YOW lounge is fairly small for its size. No area for dedicated computer area and no conference rooms. YHZ is a better lounge than YOW.

My YYT experiences have all been waiting for 645 to YYZ, generally one of the busier times for AC ops. I find the lounge to be small and its sometimes difficult to get a seat at peak periods. The food selection can get sparse if there is a single flight cancelation. Never been to YQR.