Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
It would help if every member could take a moment to ensure they are posting in the correct thread. This one is meant to be only for listing valid booked mini-RTW itineraries and not questions about booking mini-RTW which belong in this thread:

Mini RTW Questions

Newer members who are just coming to find the whole topic are likewise encouraged to read and pose their questions in this thread:

The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

List of valid and booked Mini-RTW 2.0 (post-2014 version of this thread)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
End of April/May, 125k Each for J and $325 each with booking fee included in the price.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Question. Can anyone opine on whether the following two are legitimate routings?

YUL-IAD-IST (stop) IST-VKO (destination) VKO-(somewhere)-YUL?

or

YUL-IAD-IST (stop) IST-PEK (destination) PEK-SVO (stop) SVO-(somewhere)-YUL?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Question. Can anyone opine on whether the following two are legitimate routings?

YUL-IAD-IST (stop) IST-VKO (destination) VKO-(somewhere)-YUL?

or

YUL-IAD-IST (stop) IST-PEK (destination) PEK-SVO (stop) SVO-(somewhere)-YUL?
I tried the first one online at aeroplan.com and it is bookable. The second one should be bookable, too.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:46 am

Helped a friend book this insanity:

YUL-ORD-LHR-ZRH (overnight)-PEK-HKG (destination), HKG-TPE (overnight)-PVG (overnight)-NRT (stop), NRT-PEK (stop), PEK-YYZ-YUL.

About $375 of taxes/scamcharges per person, and this is only because of flight AC32 PEK-YYZ - rest are on non-YQ airlines (but we had to route him that way because going on UA/CA would have caused him to go over MPM (at one point we were at 6 miles over MPM with no AC flights but couldn't find availability heh).

I can't believe he's actually flying that, though. That's nuts. All in J except the PEK-YYZ flight, but he has status on AC so he'll get his upgrades I bet.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM

I can't believe he's actually flying that, though. That's nuts. All in J except the PEK-YYZ flight, but he has status on AC so he'll get his upgrades I bet.
Unlikely - AP rewards are at the bottom of upgrade order.
Keep monitoring I space to switch before the flight.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Unlikely - AP rewards are at the bottom of upgrade order.
Keep monitoring I space to switch before the flight.
Yeah I told him to set a watchlist on my site.

Really, bottom of order even for status holders? Lame.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:22 pm

Helped a friend book this insanity:

YUL-ORD-LHR-ZRH (overnight)-PEK-HKG (destination), HKG-TPE (overnight)-PVG (overnight)-NRT (stop), NRT-PEK (stop), PEK-YYZ-YUL.

About $375 of taxes/scamcharges per person, and this is only because of flight AC32 PEK-YYZ - rest are on non-YQ airlines (but we had to route him that way because going on UA/CA would have caused him to go over MPM (at one point we were at 6 miles over MPM with no AC flights but couldn't find availability heh).

Pseudo
Curious what you booked for HKG-TPE? TG?

I know *A was missing that segment before until TG resumed, and later when EVA joined there'll be more options to TPE
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Pseudo
Curious what you booked for HKG-TPE? TG?

I know *A was missing that segment before until TG resumed, and later when EVA joined there'll be more options to TPE
Yup, was surprised to find TG doing shuttle bus service in the neighbourhood. It's a 772, probably the oldest config they got
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Hi everyone, looking for a YYZ-CPT booking with minimal scamcharges...is TK with a long layover the only option?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by DaveTO
Hi everyone, looking for a YYZ-CPT booking with minimal scamcharges...is TK with a long layover the only option?
As far as I remeber when I tried booking my YOW->CPT

Options where as followed :

TK via IST, stop in JNB <- Great availability
LX via ZRH/JNB <- 0 availability
LH via FRA/JNB <-Scam charges, but available in Y on A380
LH via MUC <- Scam charges, 0 availability
SA via LHR/JNB <- 0 availability
SA via EWR/JNB <- 0 availability

Because we wanted to go to IST anyways it worked out easily for us. Would have rathered LX from JNB-ZRH on the return but forced back thru IST as it was the only option available, other then Y and the scam bus with LH.

Did manage to get in a SA340 from JNB-CPT...

Good luck!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:43 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hearna

TK via IST, stop in JNB <- availability

SA via LHR/JNB <- availability
SA via EWR/JNB <- availability

Bizarre. I have seen availability on these routes - but obviously at different times.

I guess it all depends on what is available when the bookings are made.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Other options include SA via IAD and JNB - I have booked that one. Also Eithiopian via ADD and JNB and Egypt Air via CAI and JNB. Numerous ways to get to CAI from YYZ.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by allbrosca
Other options include SA via IAD and JNB - I have booked that one. Also Eithiopian via ADD and JNB and Egypt Air via CAI and JNB. Numerous ways to get to CAI from YYZ.
Thanks everyone...i've heard that EgyptAir is the armpit of Star, so I'll probably pass on that. The direct JFK-JNB is also an option.

I'm still waiting on reviews of Ethiopian before committing to that option.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by DaveTO
Thanks everyone...i've heard that EgyptAir is the armpit of Star, so I'll probably pass on that. The direct JFK-JNB is also an option.

I'm still waiting on reviews of Ethiopian before committing to that option.
I dont know about the armpit. The only drawback was no booze. The seats on 773s are fully flat, and the food was on par with other J food, if not better. iFE was also on par.

If I for example had to choose between LH or MS - egyptair would win provided its their new flat bed seats.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I dont know about the armpit. The only drawback was no booze. The seats on 773s are fully flat, and the food was on par with other J food, if not better. iFE was also on par.

If I for example had to choose between LH or MS - egyptair would win provided its their new flat bed seats.
Which planes have lie-flats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.