Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FLL and MIA considered same destination?

Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner

The flights from Florida to YUL and YYZ have changed quite a bit since my booking. One flight was simply cancelled and not replaced from MIA to YUL. When I call, will they allow me to change MIA to FLL? Do they consider the two airports to be co-located/ the same destination/ or whatever AC calls it? I believe United allows such changes.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Yes, AC considers FLL/MIA as common rated/sister airports.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Thanks. Any chance of PBI being included? As I think about entirely avoiding south Florida traffic....
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
PBI is not classified under common rated/sister cities. However, it *is* listed under 320km/200mile rule.

I believe under IRROPS or schedule change they are allowed to rebook you to airports within the 320km/200mile radius.

Not sure when your flight is, but if MIA/FLL-YUL is affected, then it might be unlikely that they will be operating PBI on those dates.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by etkuo
I believe under IRROPS or schedule change they are allowed to rebook you to airports within the 320km/200mile radius.
Correct. The current schedule change policy should allow for it.

We did have someone report having difficulty in swapping YVR for YCD or YYJ recently though, even though that should have been permitted, so it may require finding an agent who's knowledgable or willing to look up the policy.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Do they consider the two airports to be co-located/ the same destination/ or whatever AC calls it?
Most airlines call airports in close proximity "co-terminals".
YYZC2, gcashin and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I always thought PBI was co-terminal with FLL and MIA???
Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I always thought PBI was co-terminal with FLL and MIA???
I lived in south Fla for many years. AC always considered MIA/FLL sister airports but not PBI. At the time AC was trying to cater to the Palm Beach crowd and charged premium pricing for PBI.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I lived in south Fla for many years. AC always considered MIA/FLL sister airports but not PBI. At the time AC was trying to cater to the Palm Beach crowd and charged premium pricing for PBI.
correct, if I remember correctly they used to operate mainline A320's to PBI (as "premium") but always had Rouge for MIA and FLL.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by royal757
correct, if I remember correctly they used to operate mainline A320's to PBI (as "premium") but always had Rouge for MIA and FLL.
In my day it was Tango not Rouge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.