Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There are two other threads that have been discussing this for 36 hours

The official announcement says it's a temporary change.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I'm only subscribed to this thread though and if there's others like me I'm sure they'd like to see it in a relevant thread don't need to discuss it here, just figured I'd share for those that also only check here.

("Temporary" sure sure.)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Hard not to be skeptical though given the industry wide reward program de-vaulations over the last 5 years...

Some have speculated they may re-introduce the 2x stopover rule, but with the new search engine only be able to book online thus limiting actual availablity and routings.
Who really knows though.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC E35 / Marriott Gold
Booked a mRTW today for 2 - 1 NH segment (NH 843 HND-SIN) showed 2 available seats on EF and ANA, but Aeroplan only showed the agent 1. Any idea on whether this is an ANA restriction or an Aeroplan glitch? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:14 am

Seen many instances of EF and ANA getting access to more ANA seats than Aeroplan. Just the way it is.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by azhang24
Booked a mRTW today for 2 - 1 NH segment (NH 843 HND-SIN) showed 2 available seats on EF and ANA, but Aeroplan only showed the agent 1. Any idea on whether this is an ANA restriction or an Aeroplan glitch? Any advice would be much appreciated!
ANA releases more award availability to its own members than to partner airlines, especially in business and First class, and afaik EF uses NH as its data source, so neither is accurate when trying to redeem AE miles.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
... afaik EF uses NH as its data source, so neither is accurate when trying to redeem AE miles.
You may be right.

The nice thing about KVS Tool is that you can select the datasource. It helped me when I did a mini-RTW.
KVS likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:45 pm

With regards to MPM, is there any leniency / is there a +/- 10% rule?
Or did I make that up...

Trying to book a mini-RTW from YVR with DPS (or somewhere else) as the destination. MPM is 13,338.
Wanted to route back through Europe but only possible routing would be DPS - IST - YUL - YVR which comes in at 13,514 on GC mapper.

Or another example is trying to use MRU as the destination. MPM is 16,700.
Found a couple routings on GCMapper but mileage coming in just over at 16,914.

From YVR it does seem pretty difficult to visit anything too far south / east in the Pacific and go back through Europe.

Last edited by CanadianMike; Jul 19, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
With regards to MPM, is there any leniency / is there a +/- 10% rule?
Or did I make that up...

Trying to book a mini-RTW from YVR with DPS (or somewhere else) as the destination. MPM is 13,338.
Wanted to route back through Europe but only possible routing would be DPS - IST - YUL - YVR which comes in at 13,514 on GC mapper.

Or another example is trying to use MRU as the destination. MPM is 16,700.
Found a couple routings on GCMapper but mileage coming in just over at 16,914.

From YVR it does seem pretty difficult to visit anything too far south / east in the Pacific and go back through Europe.
Can you maybe do SIN as destination? And if you want to do to DPS do it as separate flight or reward? YVR-SIN MPM is 13206 and something like SIN-IST-ZRH-YUL-YVR is 12508.
For MRU: MRU-JNB-IST-ZRH-YUL-YVR is only 13660 so should be a fair few options there.
sel1 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by opentag
Can you maybe do SIN as destination? And if you want to do to DPS do it as separate flight or reward? YVR-SIN MPM is 13206 and something like SIN-IST-ZRH-YUL-YVR is 12508.
For MRU: MRU-JNB-IST-ZRH-YUL-YVR is only 13660 so should be a fair few options there.
Yeah, reasonable suggestions and what I might have to do! Flown ZRH - YUL and Swiss J was great.

Was hoping to try either the DPS - IST on the new TK 787 J and / or LIS - SFO on TP's A330neo.

But may have to get creative or just suck it up and only fly one!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:50 pm

What's the best way to find NH fares? I've checked most dates in the next two weeks on the AP site from NRT/HND/KIX -> YVR or NRT/HND/KIX - > SFO or NRT/HND/KIX -> LAX and found nothing from NH, I know NH J supposedly opens up 2 weeks out but I can't find a single reward in the next couple weeks to even confirm they are available. I'm actually trying to return from Japan to YEG sometime the week of Sept 15-19th but I haven't even been able to see any rewards on NH in a 2 week sample period from now.

Should I be using another site to find NH rewards? Only time I've seen any NH flights it was a short economy KIX->HND flight.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Vaguswarrior
What's the best way to find NH fares? I've checked most dates in the next two weeks on the AP site from NRT/HND/KIX -> YVR or NRT/HND/KIX - > SFO or NRT/HND/KIX -> LAX and found nothing from NH, I know NH J supposedly opens up 2 weeks out but I can't find a single reward in the next couple weeks to even confirm they are available. I'm actually trying to return from Japan to YEG sometime the week of Sept 15-19th but I haven't even been able to see any rewards on NH in a 2 week sample period from now.

Should I be using another site to find NH rewards? Only time I've seen any NH flights it was a short economy KIX->HND flight.
Good Q that I want to know too, since I never ever see ANA flights, and I wanted to book HND-LHR new J flights for 2020 Summer LOL
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Vaguswarrior

easy enough to answer - there is only one NH flight between japan and YVR, and that's a daily HND-YVR - which the closest availability there is in J on August 12th.

Easiest way to search for this (aside from EF/KVS) is probably united's award search site, because it allows you to filter for non-stop flights and NH is the only carrier offering HND-YVR non-stops.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
My experiences with NH is that sometimes space appears 2 months out, sometimes 2 weeks out

Equally important, as noted above, find creative routings. I wouldn't expect too much inventory to/from YVR on NH. I've seen the odd spot. But there always seems to be space from IAD (not my first choice) ORD, sometimes SEA and I've seen SJC and rarely SFO. And my searches are really random.

I've done NH F LAX-NRT, NH F NRT-SFO, a couple of regional Asia/SE Asia NH J as part of a larger trip.

I found this 10 days out and booked it. AC to ORD to start and AC from LAX to finish.

Another example: for the last 2 weeks or so, there was a lot of inventory LAX-NRT for July 22 in both J and F and on both of the daily flights.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:28 pm

After a lot of back and forth, I think I’m getting ready to book this.

YYZ - LIS TAP
LIS - IST TK
IST - HAN TK STOP

HAN - SIN SQ
SIN - DPS SQ STOP

DPS - SIN SQ
SIN - PVG SQ
PVG -YYZ AC

Taxes $400 + $30 booking fee.

Thoughts on this? Not too excited about the AC leg but there doesn’t seem to be anything else available for the return leg.

Last edited by ibby; Jul 27, 2019 at 4:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.