Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by dlld2341
YYZ-ORD-TPE - AC/BR
from TPE up to you but - TPE to SGN (or HAN depending on where you want to go in vietnam. flight to SGN is on better 777)
From vietnam would fly SQ to SIN then SQ 787 to DPS
Lots of DPS to IST on TK 787
from IST several ways back - WAW/YYZ on LO, ZRH/YUL/YYZ or YTZ on TK/LX/AC, LIS/YYZ on TK/TP
this is awesome! Thanks so much.

Can an I spend 4-5 days in Vietnam and another 4-5 days in Bali or will the redemption not allow that?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by ibby

this is awesome! Thanks so much.

Can an I spend 4-5 days in Vietnam and another 4-5 days in Bali or will the redemption not allow that?
Yes. You're permitted 3x stopovers which can all be > 24 hours.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
FYI I'm seeing lots of availability (relatively) for Oceania opening up. For example AKL-BNE is available many days in Nov where it was not before.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by Rykoshet
FYI I'm seeing lots of availability (relatively) for Oceania opening up. For example AKL-BNE is available many days in Nov where it was not before.

Good to know!
You just perusing EF or have a specific trip / itinerary in mind that you're checking for?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Yes. You're permitted 3x stopovers which can all be > 24 hours.
Awesome sauce!

All that being said, can I trouble this community to source out a routing for me?

Yyz to Hanoi for about 5 days then Hanoi to Denpasar for an additional 5 days. Preferably stopping in Cairo on the way back. Flight numbers would be super helpful so I can call to book. Anytime in Feb 2020 would be ideal! Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:54 am

Awesome sauce!

All that being said, can I trouble this community to source out a routing for me?

Yyz to Hanoi for about 5 days then Hanoi to Denpasar for an additional 5 days. Preferably stopping in Cairo on the way back. Flight numbers would be super helpful so I can call to book. Anytime in Feb 2020 would be ideal! Thanks in advance.
That's not a complicated itinerary. Just put the legs into Aeroplan, see what sticks, and use GCMAP.com to verify that your routing doesn't exceed MPM.

DPS-IST-CAI-ZRH-YUL-YYZ could be the return routing if you want to see Cairo.

I'm doing YYZ-YUL-ZRH-BCN-ATH-CAI-IST-DPS-SIN-PER-SIN-ICN-BKK-TPE-YYZ IN February so my outbound leg is similar to your inbound.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:56 am

Good to know!
You just perusing EF or have a specific trip / itinerary in mind that you're checking for?
I wanted to return to New Zealand for my next trip but didn't find any availability Nov-Feb. Now I'm debating modifying my trip (and flying in Nov instead of Feb) but I can't justify it. The change fee would be much as I paid for taxes. So for now just perusing.

Also availability MEL-WLG on SQ, and it's not phantom!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
The winter storms in the NE/Toronto/Montreal are much worse than the ones in ZRH... I wouldn't be too worried about that.
But what is he going to ZRH for, if he only has 12 days and wants to spend his honeymoon in SE Asia? The LX J seat is NOT nice enough nor the "experience" worth the trouble and waste the precious vacation time on transit... If he has much more days for the trip, then it is a different approach but only 12 days? Even ZRH is not as bad in winter - is it a wise move to waste a good part of a day on unnecessary flying?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know!

Worth mentioning also - A few days ago several blogs published NZ opened up tons of award spaces for their US routes though arguably the US routes are in their Winter time. NZ J availability is harder to find than Unicorn for many years as we all know.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Worth mentioning also - A few days ago several blogs published NZ opened up tons of award spaces for their US routes though arguably the US routes are in their Winter time. NZ J availability is harder to find than Unicorn for many years as we all know.
Good to know. It'd be good if people post what they've found. I've only found AKL-BNE wide open on dates (but not BNE-AKL) and MEL-WLG and WLG-MEL wide open. This leg is SQ not NZ, but at least you can position to and fro, rent a campervan or something in New Zealand, and make it an open jaw.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: aeroplan, starwood, fairmont
for that degree of detail you are probably best off using a professional booking service
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:46 pm

for that degree of detail you are probably best off using a professional booking service
Who, ibby? It's a pretty straightforward itinerary. It's not like they've got tight deadlines...
dlld2341 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: aeroplan, starwood, fairmont

Awesome sauce!

For that degree of detail you are probably best off using a professional booking service
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
For that degree of detail you are probably best off using a professional booking service
I tend to agree. Much as I love to provide help, requests like "we want to go to x and y anytime in february, go find me flight numbers to book"... there are people who make money for services like that. All you gotta do is literally plug dates into the aeroplan site and you're good to go.a bit of minimal effort should be required and then if there's specific difficulties encountered ask for specific help here...
ChrisA330 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I tend to agree. Much as I love to provide help, requests like "we want to go to x and y anytime in february, go find me flight numbers to book"... there are people who make money for services like that. All you gotta do is literally plug dates into the aeroplan site and you're good to go.a bit of minimal effort should be required and then if there's specific difficulties encountered ask for specific help here...
On top of that, he wants to know which flights are served by what type of aircraft ...
Get a professional service and give the provider the requirements from dates to locations to the comfort of aircraft for the specific need (being quite tall), the fee is well worth it if the poster does not want to do any legwork.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.