Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:27 am

Thanks guys for the responses.

I'd love to see IST for the day and now looking to add SYD as the destination. Can someone please quickly confirm that the below itinerary would be allowed? Thanks!

YYZ - YUL
YUL - ZRH
ZRH – IST (<24hr)
IST – BKK stop
BKK – HKT stop
HKT – PEK
PEK - ICN
ICN – SYD destination
SYD – LAX
LAX – YYZ
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Taking the PEK/ICN route from BKK/HKT to SYD is putting you way over YYZ-SYD mileage. If you do BKK/HKT to SYD via SIN, the mileage should be OK. As it stands your outbound is 18k+
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Cerenity
Taking the PEK/ICN route from BKK/HKT to SYD is putting you way over YYZ-SYD mileage. If you do BKK/HKT to SYD via SIN, the mileage should be OK. As it stands your outbound is 18k+
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:25 pm

Hoping for some opinions on this.

I'm trying to make my way from YYZ-ATH in J
I've heard that MS YYZ-CAI-ATH isn't that great of a J as far as they come
My other options with decent availability are
AC YYZ-AMS 789 then to ATH
AC YYZ-CDG 777-300
AC YYZ-LHR 777-300
and with much rarer availability AC YYZ-CPH 777-300

I was wondering to get some opinions on a) if the AC J is that much better than the MS b) if there is any difference between 789 and 777-300 and c) are there any significant YQ differences between any of the AC options? I do not have status and my final destination is in Asia (CAN)

Thank you so much for any insight
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by TJ1010F
Hoping for some opinions on this.

I'm trying to make my way from YYZ-ATH in J
I've heard that MS YYZ-CAI-ATH isn't that great of a J as far as they come
My other options with decent availability are
AC YYZ-AMS 789 then to ATH
AC YYZ-CDG 777-300
AC YYZ-LHR 777-300
and with much rarer availability AC YYZ-CPH 777-300

I was wondering to get some opinions on a) if the AC J is that much better than the MS b) if there is any difference between 789 and 777-300 and c) are there any significant YQ differences between any of the AC options? I do not have status and my final destination is in Asia (CAN)

Thank you so much for any insight
Try to cross the ocean on Turkish, United, or Swiss.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:21 pm

Can someone critique this itinerary/provide suggestions on making it better? We want to try out the business class products if possible on each route.

YVR - ORD via UA
ORD - AMS via TK
AMS - ARN via SAS
ARN - IST via TK
IST - JNB via TK/SA

JNB - SIN SQ
SIN - BKK SQ
BKK - TPE EVA
TPE - PVG EVA
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by laddielad
Can someone critique this itinerary/provide suggestions on making it better? We want to try out the business class products if possible on each route.

YVR - ORD via UA
ORD - AMS via TK
AMS - ARN via SAS
ARN - IST via TK
IST - JNB via TK/SA

JNB - SIN SQ
SIN - BKK SQ
BKK - TPE EVA
TPE - PVG EVA
I don't think TK operates ORD-AMS...

Do you mean UA? Where are you planning stopovers, if any? (I'm guessing AMS & BKK?)
Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by laddielad

YVR - ORD via UA
ORD - AMS via TK
AMS - ARN via SAS
ARN - IST via TK
IST - JNB via TK/SA

JNB - SIN SQ
SIN - BKK SQ
BKK - TPE EVA
TPE - PVG EVA

Double check your plane on IST-JNB. I just did IST - DAR and it wasn't lie flat seats. If that's what your looking for, just proceed with caution.

I assume you are finishing PVG - YVR? Have you checked MPM? My guess is you are over, and will need to remove the BKK and either the TPE or PVG portions.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:56 pm

JNB is close to YVR's antipode, and is one of the highest mpm possible. It should be fine
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:11 pm

Would appreciate some feedback on this itinerary. Planning to go on F or J on all segments.

YYZ-ORD
ORD-NRT (layover)
NRT-TPE (stopover in TPE)
TPE-HKG (layover)
HKG-BKK
BKK-SYD (destination)

SYD-ICN (layover)
ICN-FRA (layover)
FRA-MUC (stopover)
MUC-LIS
LIS-YYZ

Does this make sense? I think it gets under the MPM but want to make sure. Was potentially thinking of cutting out SYD and making HKG my turnaround, but I don't think that gives me enough miles to make it back to YYZ across the Atlantic
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
You need to look for I space, not R space. Yes, this also works for *A partners. Note that for AC segments only, you can also standby at the gate for business if you weren't able to confirm in advance. You just need to request to be placed on the onload list at the gate or checkin.
What are the magic words you have to say to do this. Something about the onboard list?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by icewinddale
Would appreciate some feedback on this itinerary. Planning to go on F or J on all segments.

YYZ-ORD
ORD-NRT (layover)
NRT-TPE (stopover in TPE)
TPE-HKG (layover)
HKG-BKK
BKK-SYD (destination)

SYD-ICN (layover)
ICN-FRA (layover)
FRA-MUC (stopover)
MUC-LIS
LIS-YYZ

Does this make sense? I think it gets under the MPM but want to make sure. Was potentially thinking of cutting out SYD and making HKG my turnaround, but I don't think that gives me enough miles to make it back to YYZ across the Atlantic
MPM for YYZ-SYD shows 15480. SYD-ICN-FRA-MUC-LIS-YYZ is 15484 according to gcmap. So, might be over, depending on what AP has in their system for those segments.

MPM for YYZ-HKG shows 10977. HKG-FRA-MUC-LIS-YYZ would work.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I don't think TK operates ORD-AMS...

Do you mean UA? Where are you planning stopovers, if any? (I'm guessing AMS & BKK?)
No it's TK, there's a layover in Istanbul then I take off to AMS so I guess it's
ORD-IST
IST-AMS

Stopover in AMS, JNB and PVG.

Yes PVG - YVR and it's within MPM cause according to the MPM thread YVR to JNB is around 16,300? How are the carriers? Anyway I can fly a better route?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by karlpenney
MPM for YYZ-SYD shows 15480. SYD-ICN-FRA-MUC-LIS-YYZ is 15484 according to gcmap. So, might be over, depending on what AP has in their system for those segments.

MPM for YYZ-HKG shows 10977. HKG-FRA-MUC-LIS-YYZ would work.

Damn, I was using another thread that had MPM for YYZ-SYD at 15540. Guess I'll need to cut something down.

Is LH the only *A that flies direct out of HKG to FRA with a F product?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by icewinddale
Damn, I was using another thread that had MPM for YYZ-SYD at 15540. Guess I'll need to cut something down.

Is LH the only *A that flies direct out of HKG to FRA with a F product?
Honestly, its so close, i'd give it a try first. From what I remember, the new max mileage can vary slightly based on the route anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.