Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:59 pm

I hope this is not counted as a repeat. But it really is a new question that i have. I apologize for having so many questions. I have made a change to my mRTW trip and everything looks good except one thing.

On my itinerary, this is what I have for baggage allowance

DFW-SFO 1 bag free
SFO-HND 1 bag free
HND-GMP 2 bags free
ICN-TPE 2 bags free
TPE-HKG 2 bags free
HKG-ZRH 1 bag free
ZRH-DFW 1 bag free

Shouldn't I have 2 baggage free across the board? I'm puzzled by this. I have made changes to the original itinerary, but I didn't think it would change my baggage allowance. I just took out the DFW-YVR flight.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by newbie2008
I just called Aeroplan to try changing some segments on my existing mRTW. I basically encounter resistance as my initial itinerary has 2 layovers on the way from Tokyo to Hong Kong.
I wanted to change [HND-FUK-ICN] to [HND-GMP]
[ICN-HKG OZ] to [ICN-HKG BR]
But he's saying that I can't do that because I have too many segments
He went on to say the original agent did a lot of "override" and was not supposed to do that. Is this a case of HUCA?
It's not very clear what change you're trying to make, but yes, sounds like a HUCA situation.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:01 am

Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by flyer05
It's not very clear what change you're trying to make, but yes, sounds like a HUCA situation.
The issue is he has 11 segments. The new agent would not let it slide.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by beep88
The issue is he has 11 segments. The new agent would not let it slide.
I was able to change it eventually. I believe that agent was just lazy. I was actually eliminating segments. He basically would not let me change segment by segment. He basically quitted after I told him one segment. I had 11, but I specifically said that I wanted to eliminate segment in light of direct connections being available. I called another agent and he was really cool. I was able to get all the changes I want (eliminating surcharge that more than cover my changed fee). In the end, my itinerary has 8 segments.

Unfortunately, I ran into another problem in that my new itinerary does not show correct baggage allowance. It said that I'm only allowed one. On United, which has my first main flight from DFW-HND, I'm allowed two (which should extend to the rest of my trip).
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by echino
Navcan $7.50 per person scamcharge is not waived for SE.
OK but taxes and fees on both AC and AE should be the same ? Why is AE more ?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
OK but taxes and fees on both AC and AE should be the same ? Why is AE more ?
Surcharges are included in fare on AC website, not in taxes and fees. If you click view fare summary you will see it. Aeroplan miles only cover base fare. Carrier surcharge is waived for SE. Navcan surcharge is not waived.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Surcharges are included in fare on AC website, not in taxes and fees. If you click view fare summary you will see it. Aeroplan miles only cover base fare. Carrier surcharge is waived for SE. Navcan surcharge is not waived.
Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:39 pm

Does this one look valid?

YXS-YVR AC

YVR-IST UA/TK S/O

IST-TLV TK S/O

TLV-JNB ET Destination

JNB-CAI ET/MS L/O

CAI-ATH TK L/O

ATH-ZRH LX
ZRH-YVR LX/AC
YVR-YXS AC

All in Y.

I totaled up the charges on AP's site, and they come out at about $500 (one quarter of that being the two shortest flights YVR-YXS).

But I don't know if that is an accurate reflection of what they might actually be. Any guidance or hints on how I can determe what they might actually be would be appreciated.

TIA
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: aeroplan, starwood, fairmont
I am hoping someone can help me solve some questions about finding availability. I may subscribe to a fee based search closer to the date I am ready to book a miniRTW, but for now I am using ANA and award.flights. Award.flights (via NH search) often shows more J availability than Aeroplan search does, and when I search on the AE page, I cant find the flights NH shows. Does this space actually exist for AE customers?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by dlld2341
I am hoping someone can help me solve some questions about finding availability. I may subscribe to a fee based search closer to the date I am ready to book a miniRTW, but for now I am using ANA and award.flights. Award.flights (via NH search) often shows more J availability than Aeroplan search does, and when I search on the AE page, I cant find the flights NH shows. Does this space actually exist for AE customers?
Aeroplan blocks some awards. Can you give an example when a seat is available via ANA, but not on Aeroplan, so that I could see if it's known blocking issue or something else?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: aeroplan, starwood, fairmont
thx - I suspect that may be the case- one example
YYZ - IST (TK) 6 seats, J May 2, 2018 seen on NH
not seen on AE - it shows only 3 J seats
I have always read NH is a great engine to search for availability, but if it shows things that are not bookable, I am not sure what it adds to just searching AE for the various legs I want?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:29 am

Aeroplan blocks some awards. Can you give an example when a seat is available via ANA, but not on Aeroplan, so that I could see if it's known blocking issue or something else?
YYZ-HND on 2018-05-28 shows Y using Aeroplan on Award.Flights and Y and J using ANA. Same flight, AC001 non-stop. (Edit: 3 passengers)
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by dlld2341
thx - I suspect that may be the case- one example
YYZ - IST (TK) 6 seats, J May 2, 2018 seen on NH
not seen on AE - it shows only 3 J seats
I have always read NH is a great engine to search for availability, but if it shows things that are not bookable, I am not sure what it adds to just searching AE for the various legs I want?
No, NH shows 3 business seats. As do Aeroplan, United and Lifemiles.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by viracocha
YYZ-HND on 2018-05-28 shows Y using Aeroplan on Award.Flights and Y and J using ANA. Same flight, AC001 non-stop. (Edit: 3 passengers)
I see Y only on NH and everywhere else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.