Mini RTW Questions

Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:00 pm

Only seeing J availability for Oz in the beginning of Jan right now. Do the majority of F seats open up 14 days before like LH?

If I can secure F on NH from ORD from the getgo, that looks like an amazing product from all the TR posted on FT.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jetset09
Only seeing J availability for Oz in the beginning of Jan right now. Do the majority of F seats open up 14 days before like LH?

If I can secure F on NH from ORD from the getgo, that looks like an amazing product from all the TR posted on FT.
OZ usually opens up quite early. Check NH from JFK as well. Also, consider flying over the same ocean if you find better availability. On my last trip, I was scheduled to be on NH TPAC, but last minute LH F opened up through FRA on the new 744, and guess what I took.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Help with a reward booking please!

I am trying to book a one-way reward ticket from HKG-LHR with a stopover (?) in YVR - just for a week.

The Aeroplan agent tells me that this is considered 2 separate bookings but I thought this was allowed.

Can someone please help me out?

TIA

ST_ca
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Si_Ting_ca
Can someone please help me out?
There are no stopovers on an Aeroplan one way awards

An Aeroplan one-way award does not cost half the miles of a roundtrip.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
There are no stopovers on an Aeroplan one way awards

An Aeroplan one-way award does not cost half the miles of a roundtrip.
Ah! Thanks. That's a bummer then
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Si_Ting_ca
Ah! Thanks. That's a bummer then
Yes, Aeroplan generally is a bummer. Nothing personal.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: AP, AM
Talking Involuntary Schedule Change on MiniRTW Reward - But weird

Hi all,

My wife and I are travelling on a miniRTW in the fall (in Y):

YOW-EHR-BRU (stop)
BRU-IST-BKK (stop)
BKK-SIN-SYD (dest)
SYD-ORD-YOW

Got a weird "itinerary change" for the flights. As far as I could tell from the revised pdf iinerary sent, every single flight date and time were exactly the same pre and post change.

But only my wife got the notification, I did not. I had booked us separately out of each of our AP accounts (at the same time) then linked the tickets together.

I thought it was weird, so I did some further digging to my original itinerary, and there actually WAS a flight difference. The overnight flight from SIN-SYD was different. By 5 minutes.

So now her ticket has an "INVOL RRTE DUE SKCH" on her ticket, and I have heard nothing for mine.

Weird. Am I wrong in assuming that they won't have TWO flights SIN-SYD 5 mins apart with the same flight number?

Why wouldn't I get the change?

Why did their revised itinerary read the same from pre to post, whereas the original itinerary was different?

All in all, very strange.

I'm sure if affects nothing, so I'm also assuming that even though I'm already upstairs in the 2-4-2 on the changed flight SIN>SYD that I won't be able to talk our way into an upgrade for a MASSIVE inconvenience!

Anyone else ever have some issue like this? Should I be following up to make sure that their "revised" itinerary sent is actually correct?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The department probably didn't get to reissue the second ticket yet. Happens all the time... I probably got 3 minor changes to a 7 or 8 segment miniRTW.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: AP, AM
Not sure why this was moved. I don't think that the MiniRTW portion of my comment is the key point...
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:08 am

Query about itinerary

So I'm looking at a grand trip to Asia. Been saving up for this for years. We had it planned last fall and then had to cancel. Here is what we're looking at:

YUL-BOS on AC (Y)
BOS-FRA on LH (J for now; hoping F will open up)
FRA-ICN on OZ (F on 744) (overnight)
ICN-BKK on TG (J)
// Stop//
BKK-SIN on SQ (J) (overnight)
SIN-PVG on SQ (J)
// Destination//
PVG-BKK on TG (J)
BKK-CDG on TG (F on 380)
// Stop//
CDG-MUC on LH (J, sort of)
MUC-YUL on LH (J for now; hoping F will open up)

I have a few questions about the itinerary.

1. There are two flights on LH that can only be booked in J for now. They seem to open their F availability a few weeks out. So there is some risk involved. Ideally we would get F on the way to Asia in particular so that we could benefit from the first class lounge in FRA. I gather we would not have access to the first class terminal if we route it this way. Is that right? Does this seem too risky to you? I routed it through Boston because they have two flights from BOS-FRA and I figured that would double our chances of something opening up in F.

2. Is it legal to have a stop in BKK and then to route via BKK on the way back without at stop? I don't know if this is considered doubling back.

3. Actually, more generally, does this seem like a legal itinerary?

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thanks VERY much for your help!!!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by NewToCanada
So I'm looking at a grand trip to Asia. Been saving up for this for years. We had it planned last fall and then had to cancel. Here is what we're looking at:

YUL-BOS on AC (Y)
BOS-FRA on LH (J for now; hoping F will open up)
FRA-ICN on OZ (F on 744) (overnight)
ICN-BKK on TG (J)
// Stop//
BKK-SIN on SQ (J) (overnight)
SIN-PVG on SQ (J)
// Destination//
PVG-BKK on TG (J)
BKK-CDG on TG (F on 380)
// Stop//
CDG-MUC on LH (J, sort of)
MUC-YUL on LH (J for now; hoping F will open up)

I have a few questions about the itinerary.

1. There are two flights on LH that can only be booked in J for now. They seem to open their F availability a few weeks out. So there is some risk involved. Ideally we would get F on the way to Asia in particular so that we could benefit from the first class lounge in FRA. I gather we would not have access to the first class terminal if we route it this way. Is that right? Does this seem too risky to you? I routed it through Boston because they have two flights from BOS-FRA and I figured that would double our chances of something opening up in F.

2. Is it legal to have a stop in BKK and then to route via BKK on the way back without at stop? I don't know if this is considered doubling back.

3. Actually, more generally, does this seem like a legal itinerary?

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thanks VERY much for your help!!!
It's not a valid routing. If your POT is PVG, you are back-tracking BKK-SIN-PVG. You also cannot do PVG-BKK as you're back-tracking again if POT is PVG. You'll also be over MPM.

YUL-SIN MPM: 12394 (5% 13013)
YUL-PVG MPM: 11726 (5% 12312)
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:31 pm

Wow. Thanks.

If we cut out the SIN overnight and just do BKK-PVG and then back from PVG via BKK but without a stop does that make it ok?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:41 pm

Wow. Thanks.

If we cut out the SIN overnight and just do BKK-PVG and then back from PVG via BKK but without a stop does that make it ok?
The problem is that PVG is your point of turnaround (POT) and you want to fly ICN-BKK-SIN-PVG which isn't valid and you're back-tracking. Also flying back PVG-BKK would be considered illegal. Lastly flying to SE Asia via Europe and North Asia would be over MPM. You can do North America - Europe - SE ASIA (by-passing North Asia) or you are allowed North America - North Asia - SE Asia.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
The problem is that PVG is your point of turnaround (POT) and you want to fly ICN-BKK-SIN-PVG which isn't valid and you're back-tracking. Also flying back PVG-BKK would be considered illegal. Lastly flying to SE Asia via Europe and North Asia would be over MPM. You can do North America - Europe - SE ASIA (by-passing North Asia) or you are allowed North America - North Asia - SE Asia.
OK, I think I see. I'm guessing that it would not change things if I do the PVG on the way and then direct BKK on the way back? No backtracking but it sounds like I'm still over the MPM. Thanks again for all this help.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:08 pm

OK, I think I see. I'm guessing that it would not change things if I do the PVG on the way and then direct BKK on the way back? No backtracking but it sounds like I'm still over the MPM. Thanks again for all this help.
Here's what I suggest:-

YUL-YYZ/BOS/JFK/PHL/ATL/DFW-FRA-HKG/BKK-SIN-PVG-ICN/NRT-SFO/LAX/ORD/JFK/IAD-YUL

You can also fly FRA-HKG-BKK-SIN

You can fly LH F on outbound and OZ/NH F on your return.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.