Mini RTW Questions

Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:05 pm
  #946  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Posts: 23,387
Originally Posted by Beavertails
Lets say I have a friend who booked a mini rtw. And this friend has an AP reward booking on a *A carrier. On the website of this other *A carrier, the reservation says that the flights will earn X miles in their program.

Possible? Default language?

No. Fare is X/I. Zero miles.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:15 pm
  #947  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,930
Originally Posted by Beavertails
Lets say I have a friend who booked a mini rtw. And this friend has an AP reward booking on a *A carrier. On the website of this other *A carrier, the reservation says that the flights will earn X miles in their program.

Possible? Default language?
*Extremely* unlikely, unfortunately. Can only happen in a case of IRROPS where he was rebooked elsewhere and the agent made a mistake while rebooking. We saw this happen with the SQ glitch, a bit. Or if it's an Avianca ticket - just because they're so incompetent that I wouldn't put anything past them. But in general, sadly, no (but make sure you provide your FFP # - on the off chance).
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:19 am
  #948  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Calgary
Programs: A Few
Posts: 2,339
Originally Posted by Beavertails
Lets say I have a friend who booked a mini rtw. And this friend has an AP reward booking on a *A carrier. On the website of this other *A carrier, the reservation says that the flights will earn X miles in their program.

Possible? Default language?
Yes, the UA website (did I guess the correct airline?) tends to show that you will accumulate mileage on the UA flights. As others have stated, mileage accumulation is extremely unlikely.
yycworldtraveler is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:42 am
  #949  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Yul
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 335
Yul-sin-cpt-yul

I am stumped on this one!
When I do multi city search I get options for all three segments.
As soon as I enter my prefered first leg, the next leg is not available. I can go YUL-MUC-FRA-SIN (ON AC AND LH with their scam fees) but I cannot go on LX YUL-ZUR-SIN or YUL-ZRH-IST-SIN. This makes no sense to me, but I was wondering if it may be a bug and if I call maybe it is OK.
Advise pleas.
Thanks in advance
jmolony is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:52 am
  #950  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,930
Originally Posted by jmolony
I am stumped on this one!
When I do multi city search I get options for all three segments.
As soon as I enter my prefered first leg, the next leg is not available. I can go YUL-MUC-FRA-SIN (ON AC AND LH with their scam fees) but I cannot go on LX YUL-ZUR-SIN or YUL-ZRH-IST-SIN. This makes no sense to me, but I was wondering if it may be a bug and if I call maybe it is OK.
Advise pleas.
Thanks in advance
Actually this doesn't make any sense to me either, but more from the point of view of your question

Are you saying if you put YUL-SIN then YUL-ZRH-SIN shows up but you are unable to look up ZRH-SIN on the same date?
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:13 pm
  #951  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Yul
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 335
No when I put in the leg YUL-ZRH-SIN the second leg - SIN-CPT - is blacked out, but leg 3 CPT-YUL shows as being available.
jmolony is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:17 pm
  #952  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,930
Originally Posted by jmolony
No when I put in the leg YUL-ZRH-SIN the second leg - SIN-CPT - is blacked out, but leg 3 CPT-YUL shows as being available.
What? This still doesn't make any sense. How is SIN-CPT the "second leg" of YUL-ZRH-SIN? I think you should post the full itinerary of what you are trying to build.

Maybe you should be looking this up segment per segment.

On a final note: I have seen it that YYZ-ADD-DXB *is* available, YYZ-ADD *is* available, but ADD-DXB *is not* available. This will usually need manual intervention from the agent (direct sale, etc.)
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:53 pm
  #953  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Calgary
Programs: A Few
Posts: 2,339
Originally Posted by jmolony
No when I put in the leg YUL-ZRH-SIN the second leg - SIN-CPT - is blacked out, but leg 3 CPT-YUL shows as being available.
IMHO complicated itineraries are always best booked via the call centre and paying the $30.

However, the AE online search/booking engine is blacking out the second leg because the the first segment you have chosen is not valid with any of the second leg options. It is most likely caused by either being over MPM, or transiting the same city twice on the way to your point-of-turnaround.
yycworldtraveler is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:28 pm
  #954  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 61
Need some help with regards to valid routings for Euro trips. Done simple mini RTWs to Asia 1 before, but never Europe 1.

If it's a published route, distance used for MPM is origin to destination, not including connection, correct?

The route I'm looking at doing is:

YYZ-BOS-ZRH-VCE(turn)-FRA-BCN(stop)-FRA-CDG(stop)-ZRH-BOS-YYZ

I hit FRA twice, but there are only so many ways in and out of VCE and BCN by non scam charge carriers. Will this be allowed? VCE-FRA-BCN and BCN-FRA-CDG are published routes.

I also hit ZRH and BOS twice. Is that okay given that they are on different sides of the turnaround?
goob3r is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:21 pm
  #955  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Posts: 1,343
Originally Posted by goob3r
Need some help with regards to valid routings for Euro trips. Done simple mini RTWs to Asia 1 before, but never Europe 1.

If it's a published route, distance used for MPM is origin to destination, not including connection, correct?

The route I'm looking at doing is:

YYZ-BOS-ZRH-VCE(turn)-FRA-BCN(stop)-FRA-CDG(stop)-ZRH-BOS-YYZ

I hit FRA twice, but there are only so many ways in and out of VCE and BCN by non scam charge carriers. Will this be allowed? VCE-FRA-BCN and BCN-FRA-CDG are published routes.

I also hit ZRH and BOS twice. Is that okay given that they are on different sides of the turnaround?
You can definitely hit ZRH and BOS twice because they are on different sides of the turn. You are correct that VCE is your point of turnaround, because it's your furthest point. However, hitting FRA twice on the way back is not going to happen.

In addition your ticketed point mileage on the way back is 6602 but the maximum permitted +5% (5M) is 5369.

You may have trouble with this anyways, because I'm fairly certain your two stopovers have to be on either side of your point of turnaround. That is to say, you stop once on the way over, and once more on the way back. However, I do NOT know this for a fact.
arcticbull is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:49 pm
  #956  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: YYZ
Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Posts: 3,009
Originally Posted by Beavertails
Lets say I have a friend who booked a mini rtw. And this friend has an AP reward booking on a *A carrier. On the website of this other *A carrier, the reservation says that the flights will earn X miles in their program.

Possible? Default language?

Yes it is possible. Yes I have earned points ona *A carrier segment as part of Aeroplan reward. There were 2 segments with the same carrier, only the short segment earned points on THEIR program, even though I registered both segments with them. The short segment did not have a reward fare class, though. It was a normal mini RTW, no schedule change or anything unusual.
beep88 is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:52 pm
  #957  
m.y
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,170
Originally Posted by arcticbull
You may have trouble with this anyways, because I'm fairly certain your two stopovers have to be on either side of your point of turnaround. That is to say, you stop once on the way over, and once more on the way back. However, I do NOT know this for a fact.
I have booked a trip where the two stop overs are on the same side with no problem.
m.y is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:56 pm
  #958  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: YVR
Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,821
Two stopovers on the same side of POT are allowed.
krayZpaving is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:00 pm
  #959  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: YYZ
Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Posts: 3,009
Originally Posted by arcticbull
You may have trouble with this anyways, because I'm fairly certain your two stopovers have to be on either side of your point of turnaround. That is to say, you stop once on the way over, and once more on the way back. However, I do NOT know this for a fact.
I have done YYZ-YUL-ZRH-FRA-SIN(stop) - HKG(stop) - KIX(stop) -NRT-ORD-YYZ

I assume SIN is the turnaround.
beep88 is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:03 pm
  #960  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 49
Is there a way to fly from YYC to PVG (as a final des) by using only 60k miles through RTW?
Keisuke Himuro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.