Mini RTW Questions

Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Beavertails
Lets say I have a friend who booked a mini rtw. And this friend has an AP reward booking on a *A carrier. On the website of this other *A carrier, the reservation says that the flights will earn X miles in their program.

Possible? Default language?

No. Fare is X/I. Zero miles.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Lets say I have a friend who booked a mini rtw. And this friend has an AP reward booking on a *A carrier. On the website of this other *A carrier, the reservation says that the flights will earn X miles in their program.

*Extremely* unlikely, unfortunately. Can only happen in a case of IRROPS where he was rebooked elsewhere and the agent made a mistake while rebooking. We saw this happen with the SQ glitch, a bit. Or if it's an Avianca ticket - just because they're so incompetent that I wouldn't put anything past them. But in general, sadly, no (but make sure you provide your FFP # - on the off chance).
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: A Few

Yes, the UA website (did I guess the correct airline?) tends to show that you will accumulate mileage on the UA flights. As others have stated, mileage accumulation is extremely unlikely.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Yul-sin-cpt-yul

I am stumped on this one!
When I do multi city search I get options for all three segments.
As soon as I enter my prefered first leg, the next leg is not available. I can go YUL-MUC-FRA-SIN (ON AC AND LH with their scam fees) but I cannot go on LX YUL-ZUR-SIN or YUL-ZRH-IST-SIN. This makes no sense to me, but I was wondering if it may be a bug and if I call maybe it is OK.
Advise pleas.
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by jmolony
I am stumped on this one!
When I do multi city search I get options for all three segments.
As soon as I enter my prefered first leg, the next leg is not available. I can go YUL-MUC-FRA-SIN (ON AC AND LH with their scam fees) but I cannot go on LX YUL-ZUR-SIN or YUL-ZRH-IST-SIN. This makes no sense to me, but I was wondering if it may be a bug and if I call maybe it is OK.
Advise pleas.
Thanks in advance
Actually this doesn't make any sense to me either, but more from the point of view of your question

Are you saying if you put YUL-SIN then YUL-ZRH-SIN shows up but you are unable to look up ZRH-SIN on the same date?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
No when I put in the leg YUL-ZRH-SIN the second leg - SIN-CPT - is blacked out, but leg 3 CPT-YUL shows as being available.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:17 pm

No when I put in the leg YUL-ZRH-SIN the second leg - SIN-CPT - is blacked out, but leg 3 CPT-YUL shows as being available.
What? This still doesn't make any sense. How is SIN-CPT the "second leg" of YUL-ZRH-SIN? I think you should post the full itinerary of what you are trying to build.

Maybe you should be looking this up segment per segment.

On a final note: I have seen it that YYZ-ADD-DXB *is* available, YYZ-ADD *is* available, but ADD-DXB *is not* available. This will usually need manual intervention from the agent (direct sale, etc.)
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: A Few
IMHO complicated itineraries are always best booked via the call centre and paying the $30.

However, the AE online search/booking engine is blacking out the second leg because the the first segment you have chosen is not valid with any of the second leg options. It is most likely caused by either being over MPM, or transiting the same city twice on the way to your point-of-turnaround.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:28 pm

Need some help with regards to valid routings for Euro trips. Done simple mini RTWs to Asia 1 before, but never Europe 1.

If it's a published route, distance used for MPM is origin to destination, not including connection, correct?

The route I'm looking at doing is:

YYZ-BOS-ZRH-VCE(turn)-FRA-BCN(stop)-FRA-CDG(stop)-ZRH-BOS-YYZ

I hit FRA twice, but there are only so many ways in and out of VCE and BCN by non scam charge carriers. Will this be allowed? VCE-FRA-BCN and BCN-FRA-CDG are published routes.

I also hit ZRH and BOS twice. Is that okay given that they are on different sides of the turnaround?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by goob3r
Need some help with regards to valid routings for Euro trips. Done simple mini RTWs to Asia 1 before, but never Europe 1.

If it's a published route, distance used for MPM is origin to destination, not including connection, correct?

The route I'm looking at doing is:

YYZ-BOS-ZRH-VCE(turn)-FRA-BCN(stop)-FRA-CDG(stop)-ZRH-BOS-YYZ

I hit FRA twice, but there are only so many ways in and out of VCE and BCN by non scam charge carriers. Will this be allowed? VCE-FRA-BCN and BCN-FRA-CDG are published routes.

I also hit ZRH and BOS twice. Is that okay given that they are on different sides of the turnaround?
You can definitely hit ZRH and BOS twice because they are on different sides of the turn. You are correct that VCE is your point of turnaround, because it's your furthest point. However, hitting FRA twice on the way back is not going to happen.

In addition your ticketed point mileage on the way back is 6602 but the maximum permitted +5% (5M) is 5369.

You may have trouble with this anyways, because I'm fairly certain your two stopovers have to be on either side of your point of turnaround. That is to say, you stop once on the way over, and once more on the way back. However, I do NOT know this for a fact.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL

Yes it is possible. Yes I have earned points ona *A carrier segment as part of Aeroplan reward. There were 2 segments with the same carrier, only the short segment earned points on THEIR program, even though I registered both segments with them. The short segment did not have a reward fare class, though. It was a normal mini RTW, no schedule change or anything unusual.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:52 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arcticbull
You may have trouble with this anyways, because I'm fairly certain your two stopovers have to be on either side of your point of turnaround. That is to say, you stop once on the way over, and once more on the way back. However, I do NOT know this for a fact.
I have booked a trip where the two stop overs are on the same side with no problem.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Two stopovers on the same side of POT are allowed.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by arcticbull
I have done YYZ-YUL-ZRH-FRA-SIN(stop) - HKG(stop) - KIX(stop) -NRT-ORD-YYZ

I assume SIN is the turnaround.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:03 pm

Is there a way to fly from YYC to PVG (as a final des) by using only 60k miles through RTW?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.