Mini RTW Questions

Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
Why not MEL?

Why can't we have an SYD/MEL openjaw? (unless there are 2 stops already)

This is valid as far as I'm concerned and I have two such trips planned.

Its something to do with the routing rules and/or MPM. I've tried booking this many times and the agents wont permit it. I would call in and get your itinerary approved before making any concrete plans.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
so I assume

YYZ-WAW-IST-SIN-SYD would be valid too (last leg is on A380 :-

return actually works out as best as it can SYD-AKL-LAX-YYZ
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Will this be valid? Its not a true Mini RTW, but can't seem to do that from YYC and go to AUS.

YYC-LAX-ICN-SIN (stop)

SIN-PER (stop) POT
Once in Aus we will do our own local travel.

PER-AKL (stop)

AKL-LAX-YYC.

A couple of points, I have had to chose PER as the POT as it increases the MPM enough to allow the routing I want to take (I hope). That is a nuisance as it means internally we have to fly PER-SYD-BNE and back. If I make SYD the POT then the MPM is exceeded (I think).

MPM to PER is 12642 (5% incl)
MPM to SYD is 10326 (5% incl)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by DavidYYC
Will this be valid? Its not a true Mini RTW, but can't seem to do that from YYC and go to AUS.

YYC-LAX-ICN-SIN (stop)

SIN-PER (stop) POT

PER-AKL (stop)

AKL-LAX-YYC.

A couple of points, I have had to chose PER as the POT as it increases the MPM enough to allow the routing I want to take (I hope). That is a nuisance as it means internally we have to fly PER-SYD-BNE and back. If I make SYD the POT then the MPM is exceeded (I think).

MPM to PER is 12642 (5% incl)
MPM to SYD is 10326 (5% incl)

YYC-LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD and YYC-JFK-FRA-SIN-SYD are SQ published routings. Should be doable. JFK-FRA-SIN is SQ 388, available in J for redemption. SIN-SYD new J available too.

If you have no luck with the "published routing" argument, you can always book JFK-FRA-SIN-SYD-AKL-LAX-YYC, and just buy a one-way YYC-JFK. It will be cheaper than buying tickets in Australia.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by echino

If you have no luck with the "published routing" argument, you can always book JFK-FRA-SIN-SYD-AKL-LAX-YYC, and just buy a one-way YYC-JFK. It will be cheaper than buying tickets in Australia.
It seems that getting to/transitting thru SIN, you can use pretty much any option, as I posted in the other thread - I booked (due to lack of pre-xmas availability) YYZ-ORD-DUS-FRA-ICN-SIN (stop) and onwards to SYD on the A380.

Similar route via BKK to SYD was not allowed, neither was FRA-PEK-SIN-SYD... who knows why.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:22 pm

Thanks!!

Thats the beauty of this shared knowledge/forum.

I was so focused on MPM I did not even THINK of checking the published routing aspect, via SIN. I have all this info available but did even look at that angle. I will be doing that later this evening.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:26 pm

YYC-LAX-ICN-SIN (stop)

SIN-SYD (stop) POT

SYD-AKL (stop)

AKL-LAX-YYC.
I meant to ask is this an ASIA 1 or Aust award. So 175K or 185K AE miles in first?
Strange when I do dummy bookings on AE website and just ask for a return LAX -SIN in business it quotes 250K in J??? Whats with that?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:46 pm

I meant to ask is this an ASIA 1 or Aust award. So 175K or 185K AE miles in first?
Strange when I do dummy bookings on AE website and just ask for a return LAX -SIN in business it quotes 250K in J??? Whats with that?
You are searching for two people. 2 x 125k = 250k.

Also, do you know that interestingly, SIN-SYD-YVR is a published AC routing for SIN-YVR (and maybe YYC too?) for which you pay Asia 1, not Australia mileage.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

Also, do you know that interestingly, SIN-SYD-YVR is a published AC routing for SIN-YVR (and maybe YYC too?) for which you pay Asia 1, not Australia mileage.
..... really? this is interesting. What about interim transfers - I am guessing not allowed, such as SIN-SYD-LAX-YVR, or (the more desirable) SIN-SYD-AKL-RAR-LAX-YVR?

How would this relate to ex-YUL bookings, does it make any difference? I.e., YUL-FRA-SIN-SYD-YVR-YUL?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:13 pm

Thank you. That is interesting and I did not know that. Great.
And yes I did (accidentally) click on two. Duh!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:55 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Does anyone know when Lufthansa releases its F rewards to Star Alliance Availability?

Following everyones advice I booked a mini RTW in May before the points went up.

Now, I am looking to rebook at 330 days out and can find no F availability to North America between 280 - 330 days out. I am looking for two seats FRA-SEA or similar (DEN, ORD, EWR JFK, BOS etc...)

I asked this in the LH forum, but got really nowhere since everyone there is booking with Miles and More and they seem to have a very easy time getting the seats that they want. I just got the advice to book on less popular routes (DFW, IAH) which does me no good since there is no availability there either.

I notice Swiss is loading at 300 days out, but really wanted to experience the FCT in FRA for my first time.

Advice?

Conspiracy theory in me suggests something is going on since I had very little difficulty at 330 days last time, now I can not find a single seat!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Does anyone know when Lufthansa releases its F rewards to Star Alliance Availability?

Following everyones advice I booked a mini RTW in May before the points went up.

Now, I am looking to rebook at 330 days out and can find no F availability to North America between 280 - 330 days out. I am looking for two seats FRA-SEA or similar (DEN, ORD, EWR JFK, BOS etc...)

I asked this in the LH forum, but got really nowhere since everyone there is booking with Miles and More and they seem to have a very easy time getting the seats that they want. I just got the advice to book on less popular routes (DFW, IAH) which does me no good since there is no availability there either.

I notice Swiss is loading at 300 days out, but really wanted to experience the FCT in FRA for my first time.

Advice?

Conspiracy theory in me suggests something is going on since I had very little difficulty at 330 days last time, now I can not find a single seat!
It seems rather random to me, and what's worse, it's not always F2 - they seem to release F1 on some routes and wait until you take it to release the other. Case in point: I've been monitoring KIX-FRA, and it was F1 for as far back as I can see for my date (and +/-3 days around). ICN-FRA has been wide open for F2 and up, though. At one point even my F1 got closed up, only to come back a few days later. So I caved in and split my booking - putting my wife (of course) in F, and myself in J. Only a day later, another F1 was released - so I scooped it up obv. And now a THIRD one is available on my date.

My suggestion is check for F1 and book split booking if you need to; also look for some "less popular" routes, i.e. YUL-MUC where F is usually pretty empty. I'm looking for FRA-EWR and FRA-JFK and it's pretty hopeless for the moment.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:25 pm

I need some help with my routing, how do I use the KVS tool to check if the following is valid? Kind of new to all this. If someone could help, I read the help threads, but still find myself stuck at how to find out if it's valid.

YYZ-YVR-LAX-HNL-SYD (STOP)
SYD-BKK-PHU (STOP)
PHU-BKK-IST-PRG-FCO (STOP)
FCO-AMS-MAD-LIS-YYZ
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:28 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by csifan29
I need some help with my routing, how do I use the KVS tool to check if the following is valid?

YYZ-YVR-LAX-HNL-SYD (STOP)
SYD-BKK-PHU (STOP)
PHU-BKK-IST-PRG-FCO (STOP)
FCO-AMS-MAD-LIS-YYZ
You have way to many segments. I count 16. I believe that you are only allowed 10 for Asia 1, not sure about Australia.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
You have way to many segments. I count 16. I believe that you are only allowed 10 for Asia 1, not sure about Australia.
I thought 10 segments/stopovers + 3 stops?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.