Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Hi all, it is my first time organizing a mRTW for Aeroplan and I would like to do it before the devaluation coming in November.
I keenly read as many threads as I can to organize something, but unfortunately lost track of updates since May confusion with switching to IATA MPM and I was wondering if someone can verify my trip would work because I'm a bit lost?

RAK-DPS RT has a max MPM of 13983 (pre-IATA numbers, 125k AP)

Going: RAK(Origin)-LIS-GVA-IST-FRA-HND-TPE-SIN-DPS(DESTINATION) costing 13935 MPM

Return: DPS-TPE(STOPOVER) -YYZ-LIS-RAK costing 13954 MPM

I would really appreciate anyone's insight into how I can make this work out, or if there might be any perceived problems at any point of this planned journey. Thank you
Old Sep 15, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Had a mRTW booked for next april,
YYZ-TPE-ICN-KIX-SIN-WLG-SIN-TPE-YYZ

SQ sent me an email informing me that WLG-SIN-WLG got cancelled, and also removed me from all other SQ legs, i.e. KIX-SIN and SIN-TPE, which are not cancelled. Is this normal? What can I do in this case?

"We regret to inform you that SQ247, scheduled to depart from Singapore to Wellington on XX Apr 2021 at 19:45, has been cancelled. In addition, all Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flight sectors have been removed from your travel itinerary."
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Call Aeroplan and see what can be done.

I'm not sure how many hours I'd invest trying to rebook a NZ trip for April though.
cennis likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by cennis
Had a mRTW booked for next april,
YYZ-TPE-ICN-KIX-SIN-WLG-SIN-TPE-YYZ

SQ sent me an email informing me that WLG-SIN-WLG got cancelled, and also removed me from all other SQ legs, i.e. KIX-SIN and SIN-TPE, which are not cancelled. Is this normal? What can I do in this case?

"We regret to inform you that SQ247, scheduled to depart from Singapore to Wellington on XX Apr 2021 at 19:45, has been cancelled. In addition, all Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flight sectors have been removed from your travel itinerary."
New Zealand might not be opened to tourist that soon.(april) I would bet that at the end, you will need to cancel because you are not admissible.

the fastest way to deal for the cancelled legs is to replace them with award legs that you found on aeroplan website without going over 16 legs total for the ticket. i've done that before and i swapped with ANA flights without reassessing surcharge. maybe replacing the flight to sydney and add a NZ flight to Wellington.
cennis likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:35 am

Expectation is that borders won't be open until 2022

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...ed-until-2022/
cennis likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
MPM dispute

While mine isn't an mRTW, I hope someone here can answer my question as MPM topic frequently gets discussed here.I wanted to book YVR-ORD-AUH-GYD, GYD-IST, IST-YVR all in J. Two agents with 20+ years of service and 1 super said that I'm exceeding MPM. In the end, another agent booked this business class itinerary for 115,000 miles,

After the ticket was issued, but the same night, the super called me, telling me she made an exception as I'm still over the MPM, and put a remark in my reservation that no route changes will be permitted.

One of the bloggers has already contacted their Media Relations several months ago, and their response was that they'll continue to honor original Aeroplan MPM after the migration to Amadeus. This is apparently not happening.

I contacted their Twitter team, they told me to contact Aeroplan. I don't want to call them any more, because it'll be just a repeat, and I want their response in writing. It doesn't seem like they can be contacted by writing, accessible only by phone. I didn't find anything about MPM or routing rules in their terms and conditions.

What else can I try?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by toonomadic
I would really appreciate anyone's insight into how I can make this work out, or if there might be any perceived problems at any point of this planned journey. Thank you
It should work, provided you find award spaces.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by maverikbc
It should work, provided you find award spaces.
I appreciate your kindness, and while I don't have any input for your previous comment on original Aeroplan MPM, I hope for your sake and mine they will honour the original mileage.
I'm following your story.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:36 pm

I have a trip booked to Vietnam in March 2021 but it looks highly unlikely with the current situation. Since the number of miles will go up in Nov, I want to rebook for August but i find there are less inventory, like I don’t see anything with (I.e. OZ...)

is this due to the cut in the global airline schedule reduction?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by FFSaver
I have a trip booked to Vietnam in March 2021 but it looks highly unlikely with the current situation. Since the number of miles will go up in Nov, I want to rebook for August but i find there are less inventory, like I don’t see anything with (I.e. OZ...)

is this due to the cut in the global airline schedule reduction?
What do you think? Obviously airlines have cut routes and capacity. No one knows that airlines are flying a year out now. Heck, AC changes their schedule a month to a few days in advance because of COVID. Lot of cancelled flights to consolidate loads.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:52 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Since mini-RTWs, as they once were, no longer exist under the new program, and in the interest of reducing the number and size of mega-threads on the board (per member feedback), I think we can bring an end to this thread.

For those looking to book complex multi-city itineraries that would resemble mini-RTWs, please see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...lan-2-0-a.html

If you have questions about changing an mRTW booked under the old rules: Changing, cancelling, re-booking tickets issued under the old Aeroplan program

Reminiscing about glorious mRTWs booked under the old rules can be done here: Air Canada Throwback Thursday

(A few recent posts from this thread have been moved to the above threads)

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 24, 2021 at 11:00 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.