Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:16 pm

Original itinerary SGN-ICN-SFO-YYC

SFO-YYC got rescheduled by AC to an earlier time on that day so that would have meant missed connections with the ICN-SFO.

Got it changed to SGN-ICN (overnight < 24h)-YVR-YYC

Few days ago, I noticed an SFO-PDX-YVR-YYC popped up. I called in to AP. After about 2+ hours of waiting, I got connected and I told the agent that I want to go back to the previous itinerary SFO-YYC. So she was able to change my itinerary to SGN-ICN-SFO-PDX-YVR-YYC free of charge.

That seems to lead me to believe that AP do still have the power to be able to piece together requested segments? If I try to generate a one-way SGN-YYC itinerary on AP, I don't think AP would do it considering there are four stops?
kalderlake and xanderz like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by seks
Original itinerary SGN-ICN-SFO-YYC

SFO-YYC got rescheduled by AC to an earlier time on that day so that would have meant missed connections with the ICN-SFO.

Got it changed to SGN-ICN (overnight < 24h)-YVR-YYC

Few days ago, I noticed an SFO-PDX-YVR-YYC popped up. I called in to AP. After about 2+ hours of waiting, I got connected and I told the agent that I want to go back to the previous itinerary SFO-YYC. So she was able to change my itinerary to SGN-ICN-SFO-PDX-YVR-YYC free of charge.

That seems to lead me to believe that AP do still have the power to be able to piece together requested segments? If I try to generate a one-way SGN-YYC itinerary on AP, I don't think AP would do it considering there are four stops?
Was the original booking pre or post Amadeus? There's some reports of changes to pre-amadeus bookings still allowing per segment but bookings after are the problem.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Was the original booking pre or post Amadeus? There's some reports of changes to pre-amadeus bookings still allowing per segment but bookings after are the problem.
I have done post-Amadeus segment feeding.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:42 pm

dont have the AP emails that has the original itinerary anymore but the charge on my amex was nov 21. so booked it 2 or 3 days prior to that.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I need some help with trip planning, thanks in advance!!

Need to get from KIX to YYZ in J for 1 pax April 25-28. Must avoid United on long haul. Prefer: ANA, BR, Asiana or AC. Ok with stopover/transit anywhere eg tokyo Shanghai Seoul Taipei etc.

Cant seem to find anything!!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I need some help with trip planning, thanks in advance!!

Need to get from KIX to YYZ in J for 1 pax April 25-28. Must avoid United on long haul. Prefer: ANA, BR, Asiana or AC. Ok with stopover/transit anywhere eg tokyo Shanghai Seoul Taipei etc.

Cant seem to find anything!!
On such short of a time most if not all seats are gone. Your best bet is for availability to open up again closure to departure - just check once a day or so until then.

Check the TPAC segments directly to see what's available on the long-hauls (eg search YYZ-TPE to see what's available, then try to find connecting flights TPE-KIX)
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:17 pm

On such short of a time most if not all seats are gone. Your best bet is for availability to open up again closure to departure - just check once a day or so until then.

Check the TPAC segments directly to see what's available on the long-hauls (eg search YYZ-TPE to see what's available, then try to find connecting flights TPE-KIX)
Will BR or ANA open up J space closer to date? I’d be ecstatic for the Room on ANA
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I have done post-Amadeus segment feeding.
How? Examples?
1x way vs round trip vs miniRTW?

Would appreciate some explanation if it may help us / others...
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Will BR or ANA open up J space closer to date? I’d be ecstatic for the Room on ANA
I'll say the room is probably unlikely, but who knows. For a preview you can always check what's available RIGHT NOW (in the next 2 weeks) since those will be the routes more likely to release availability close-in.

Easiest way to search for non-stop TPAC routings is UA calendar search since it lets you put a "nonstop only" filter on an entire month.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:55 pm

It's Chinese New Year soon, so availability now is not reflective of regular demand. Taipei to YVR for example is completely sold out in all classes
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
How? Examples?
1x way vs round trip vs miniRTW?

Would appreciate some explanation if it may help us / others...
It's all in this thread or the Amadeus thread.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by khanbaba
I am planning a trip to YYZ-LHR-HND-BKK-SIN-TPE-YYZ. with stay in Bangkok and Singapore. Is is possible to go Toronto- London- Haneda - Bangkok. just want to try new ANA suite. Thanks in advance.
What's the question? Are you asking for flight validity or if it exceed maximum mileage, or something else?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimsona
It's Chinese New Year soon, so availability now is not reflective of regular demand. Taipei to YVR for example is completely sold out in all classes
Right - sorry, forgot about that.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:42 am

I have an upcoming trip to KIX where i aldo needed to be in TPE and can tell you i have not seen anything direct between KIX and TPE in J. Likely you will have to route throught PVG or ICN.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by sxc234
I have an upcoming trip to KIX where i aldo needed to be in TPE and can tell you i have not seen anything direct between KIX and TPE in J. Likely you will have to route throught PVG or ICN.
Between KIX and TPE I can do X, as long as the TPAC is J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.