Mini RTW Questions

Old Dec 7, 19, 2:02 pm

Programs: AE / MR
Originally Posted by xanderz View Post
Oh btw from what I monitor so far, NH (ANA), especially J section (from & to North America) seems to be opening up a little bit more usually 2 weeks out (today + 2 weeks),
So you might be able to see some availability there from IAD-HND?
Possible. I'll have to look into it a bit more, but my travel dates are mostly firm, so might have to just fly "whatever can get me there"! I know many airlines open their J seats really late, so if I am able to avoid 2-3 itinerary change fees, that would be great too. Student income FTW!

Last edited by don_drapper; Dec 7, 19 at 2:02 pm Reason: typo.
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:28 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pentiumvi View Post
I'm afraid I may have a similar situation... I was able to pull up my TK booking on the TK website initially after booking, but when I tried about a week later, I get an error regarding retrieving e-ticket info.

My TK legs are showing up in AC manage my booking as well as AP though.

What was your indication that there was something wrong?
Sorry, I have been away for a while and I just saw your question. I randomly check on all bookings whether AC or AE as I know that things can go wrong. I didn't receive a notification about the dropped flights. I found about them by going into the AC website and My Flights.

This is not an ideal way to find out so I have now set up the App to let me know about changes. I hadn't done that before as I don't fly as much these days and the App wasn't that useful to me.
Old Dec 9, 19, 10:36 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
Didn't u get a new Amadeus booking reference number? I called today to make a segment change on my mRTW and the agent initially said there some some schedule changes and I would have to rebook some flights. When she actually pulled up the booking she saw that the message was actually in error and everything was still intact.
In my case they issued a new booking reference but the flight segments were dropped. To tell you the truth I am not sure which happened first as they blamed TK rather than the conversion to Amadeus. I checked on the TK site and I could not find the TK flights so I assume they had actually been dropped.
Old Dec 9, 19, 6:39 pm

I booked a mRTW in August.

Post transition, amongst several other problems, it's now showing a layover in Tokyo that is greater than 24 hours by 20 minutes.

Has anyone had this happen before, and did it cause any problems?

TIA
Old Dec 9, 19, 7:34 pm

If it's an involuntary change and you don't touch the ticket it's fine.

I had a cancelled Chicago Warsaw flight that made my Chicago connection from 23 to 27 hours. No problems at check-in
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 12, 19, 10:55 am

Just got a notification email from AC that my last and 3rd segment of my one-way has been changed to an earlier time. The problem is is that my second segment arrives after the departure of this last segment.

I don't see any other award flight available for that last segment.that's after my second segment.

Tried calling AP but getting the usual "I am blah blah , VP for contact center, … please call back later because our call center sux"

Never had this happened before so what can AP do?
Old Dec 12, 19, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by seks View Post
Just got a notification email from AC that my last and 3rd segment of my one-way has been changed to an earlier time. The problem is is that my second segment arrives after the departure of this last segment.

I don't see any other award flight available for that last segment.that's after my second segment.

Tried calling AP but getting the usual "I am blah blah , VP for contact center, … please call back later because our call center sux"

Never had this happened before so what can AP do?
Is one of the conflicting flights an AC flight? If it is they can force open space on any other AC flight/routing to get you where you need to be. If neither flight is an AC flight you might be SOL unless something else opens up... though AC can certainly try to contact the airlines in questions but that'll be more difficult to resolve.
Old Dec 12, 19, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, AC35k
I feel bad for anyone with issues and the inability to even reach Aeroplan.

I have had a 5 min change, and a simple flight number change on a couple SQ fights. A whole bunch of flights are showing up in the SQ PNR (now the same as the AC one) as unticketed.
Luckily flight is not for a few months, so maybe it will fix itself.

Why is there no simple "ACCEPT SCHEDULE CHANGE" button with AC manage booking? Like how simple would that be to implement.
Of course the phone waiting times are 5 hours if every single little thing has to be dealt with by a human

Now if SA goes bust, this ticket will get even more interesting

Last edited by rankourabu; Dec 12, 19 at 12:39 pm
Old Dec 12, 19, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
Is one of the conflicting flights an AC flight? If it is they can force open space on any other AC flight/routing to get you where you need to be. If neither flight is an AC flight you might be SOL unless something else opens up... though AC can certainly try to contact the airlines in questions but that'll be more difficult to resolve.
2nd segment is OZ ICN-SFO
3rd (and the revised) is AC SFO-YYC
Old Dec 12, 19, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2nd segment is OZ ICN-SFO
3rd (and the revised) is AC SFO-YYC
Perfect (as far as that goes in this case), because that means AC is able to open inventory on its own ICN-YVR-YYC metal at no extra cost to you, even if it's not available online. That's the resolution you should ask for and be able to get.

Alternatively (eg if youreally want the OZ flight) AC can open a later (maybe next day depending on timing) SFO-YYC flight for you.
Old Dec 12, 19, 1:11 pm

Perfect (as far as that goes in this case), because that means AC is able to open inventory on its own ICN-YVR metal at no extra cost to you, even if it's not available online. That's the resolution you should ask for and be able to get.
could ac still make some room and put me on an alternate sfo-yyc or some sfo-xyz-yyc ?

i prefer tpac on oz
Old Dec 12, 19, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could ac still make some room and put me on an alternate sfo-yyc or some sfo-xyz-yyc ?

i prefer tpac on oz
I edited my previous post, looks like I wasn't fast enough... But yes if the timing allows it, that should be possible. AC has control over inventory on all AC flights and they can and should make space on whatever routing you have in mind. Just find what you want before you call in and tell them that's what you want and, within reason, that should be possible. (Eg don't ask for SFO-YYZ-YYC... But you could try I guess lol.)
Old Dec 13, 19, 4:50 pm

I edited my previous post, looks like I wasn't fast enough... But yes if the timing allows it, that should be possible. AC has control over inventory on all AC flights and they can and should make space on whatever routing you have in mind. Just find what you want before you call in and tell them that's what you want and, within reason, that should be possible. (Eg don't ask for SFO-YYZ-YYC... But you could try I guess lol.)
Called AP this morning. About 2h on hold and another 1h to sort my itinerary.

I mentioned about an SFO-YVR-YYC that I see on AC's website. Agent put me on hold and came back after 5 minutes. She told me that on their end, they are not able to put me on that flight because that flight is "fully booked" per say (something to do with AC always overbooking their flights). Even though I was able to purchase the ticket on my end on the website if I want to, agent told me AP can't put me on that flight because of AC "holding on to the seats"? Maybe someone here knows what AP is referring to?

After going back and forth, I told the agent that I will overnight in ICN. 22.5h layover to shop and eat, and perhaps try to meet up with a friend. Then take AC from ICN to YVR then onto YYC. No additional fees. Get back to YYC one day later than my initial plan. I still rather be in J on OZ for TPAC but oh well. Looks like AP got AC to open up a J seat for me for that ICN-YVR segment. Because I remember looking at that segment on APs website and there was only Y available.

On a side note, can I request OZ at SGN counter to ONLY have one of two checked luggage come out at ICN?
Old Dec 14, 19, 7:43 pm

Has anyone elses name changed since the switch to amadeus?

Myself and my partners names are both appended with titles
i.e. jamesmr smith and janems smith
Old Dec 14, 19, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by tublet View Post
Has anyone elses name changed since the switch to amadeus?

Myself and my partners names are both appended with titles
i.e. jamesmr smith and janems smith
More often than not it did that to me too ... even before the switch, but not to my kids. I think it might have been because my first name has only 4 letters and I don't have my middle name in my passport, whereas my kids have longer first names and do have middle names, which actually are truncated on the boarding passes because there isn't enough space.

Search this Thread