Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by mkannuri
Congrats..may i know dates as i could tot find the both summer and winter for PER-MEL-SIN routing? or you are taking OJ between PER and MEL?
i am surprised to see the taxes so low as similar itinery but having a stop over in CMN costed me $585 in taxes. with 165k taxes.

I have yet to receive the email confirmation with the taxes information where it actually costed much.
I ended up having OJ as well be PER-MNL as could not find any availability leaving AUS/NZ
Sure!
I'll depart YYZ on Feb 15
Then tpe- sin Feb 16
I'll stop in SIN for a few days
Then sin- per on Feb 20
This is where my open jaw begins
I'll use Avios to go from per to all
Will drive around nz for a few weeks. Then Avios a flight from NZ (I haven't decided how far I'll drive but likely wlg) to Mel.
Mel-sin on Mar 8
Sin-mnl on Mar 9
Mnl- gum on mar10
Gum-hnl on 11
HNL -sfo on 12
Sfo-yvr and YYZ on 12 as well.

i included the (per) - Mel - sin routing simply to truly reflect the mpm (which was my mistake on the first attempt not including the pot in my mpm calculation) but it is an open jaw as finding intra AUS flights is not possible (as I understand)

Re: NZ/AUS - sin/MNL availability. It took me a while to nail this down. For my time period it appears that only j available was out of WLG but the plane also makes a stop in MEL so I thought to search from there and it was available. Though YMMV.

Hopefully that helps?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Originally Posted by emustyle
Sure!
I'll depart YYZ on Feb 15
Then tpe- sin Feb 16
I'll stop in SIN for a few days
Then sin- per on Feb 20
This is where my open jaw begins
I'll use Avios to go from per to all
Will drive around nz for a few weeks. Then Avios a flight from NZ (I haven't decided how far I'll drive but likely wlg) to Mel.
Mel-sin on Mar 8
Sin-mnl on Mar 9
Mnl- gum on mar10
Gum-hnl on 11
HNL -sfo on 12
Sfo-yvr and YYZ on 12 as well.

i included the (per) - Mel - sin routing simply to truly reflect the mpm (which was my mistake on the first attempt not including the pot in my mpm calculation) but it is an open jaw as finding intra AUS flights is not possible (as I understand)

Re: NZ/AUS - sin/MNL availability. It took me a while to nail this down. For my time period it appears that only j available was out of WLG but the plane also makes a stop in MEL so I thought to search from there and it was available. Though YMMV.

Hopefully that helps?
Thank you for the details. I wish you could find the WLG-MEL connectivity as well instead of burning the AVIOS. keep looking as NZ seems to pretty stingy releasing the seats until the last minute.
well i am happy for you that you atleast got MEL-SIN-MNL leg which is where i have to find a cash ticket alos 8 hours flight duration.

I am still not sure how the taxes are comparably low but i cannot figure out yet as the email confirmation from AP has not yet received.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by mkannuri
Thank you for the details. I wish you could find the WLG-MEL connectivity as well instead of burning the AVIOS. keep looking as NZ seems to pretty stingy releasing the seats until the last minute.
well i am happy for you that you atleast got MEL-SIN-MNL leg which is where i have to find a cash ticket alos 8 hours flight duration.

I am still not sure how the taxes are comparably low but i cannot figure out yet as the email confirmation from AP has not yet received.
Unfortunately I'm unable to. I originally found WLG-SIN. However due to the MPM restriction on the inbound I need to (re)start my journey from MEL instead of WLG (or anywhere in NZ for that matter). I'm sure I could have found a more efficient way home in order to maximize the MPM, but I kind of had my heart set on hopping the islands between Guam and Honolulu.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Fuel charge discrepancy

I am curious about why the fuel charges change as connecting flights are introduced.

Example: LHR-YYC with AC shows fuel charge or $731 (may 4) but when flying from OSL-LHR-YYC using same LHR-YYC leg the fuel charge goes down to $437. The OSL-LHR is with SAS.

Just trying to understand how this works as avoiding AC isn’t always as bad if the fuel charges drop when flying through certain cities in Europe it seems?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ourwanderlust
I am curious about why the fuel charges change as connecting flights are introduced.

Example: LHR-YYC with AC shows fuel charge or $731 (may 4) but when flying from OSL-LHR-YYC using same LHR-YYC leg the fuel charge goes down to $437. The OSL-LHR is with SAS.

Just trying to understand how this works as avoiding AC isn’t always as bad if the fuel charges drop when flying through certain cities in Europe it seems?
In all cases, YQ depends on origin-destination and can't be compared to individual segments.

In this case specifically, LHR charges heavy taxes of its the origin or destination (/ or a stopover), especially on premium cabin travel, which you don't have to pay if it's just a connection.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Does anyone know what happens to number of checked bags allowed if I have an economy domestic leg i.e. KIX-HND on ANA, as part of a business class mRTW. I have a TD aeroplan card linked to my account which should give 1 free checked bag to myself (but not my companion?). I also might not have that card anymore when my travel starts.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Q: So I currently have a booking with YVR-CPT as the POT.

I'm looking to change the dates for both the outbound and the return - do I have to wait until both outbound and inbound are available and change both at the same time or could I essentially

Once the late-august outbound is available, pay 100 dollars to change the ticket from YVR-CPT-YVR to essentially CPT-YVR-CPT, and then once the the inbound is available in late september pay another 100 dollars to change it "back" to YVR-CPT-YVR? Not sure if changing the "direction" of travel breaks the rules...
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:14 am

Sounds to me like both of those changes would count as changes in two "directions" incurring you $200 each time for a total of $400.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:36 am

Regarding married segments on ANA domestic Japan, do you need to be able to search for a connection where the flight shows up on AP for the agent to be able to book it? Or can you verify space on United and provide the flight number for the agent to manually process it? i.e. I want HND-ITM, which is available per United, but I could not find a third city which would yield the results HND-ITM-XXX, most of these flights go through KIX, but the timings don't work out for me.

EDIT: PEK-HND-ITM yielded results I needed

Last edited by cennis; Sep 6, 2019 at 11:41 am
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:07 pm

Had some strange YQ issues on the phone with aeroplan, the supervisor was patient enough to test a few searches with me and there was the following behavior. This is part of a mRTW, but all of the other flights are YQ-free, as confirmed by the supervisor. So the three YQ flights are as follows.

YYZ-PEK AC (<24hr)
PEK-KIX CA (STOPOVER)
KIX-PVG CA (<24hr)

Individually searched by the agent, they are $295, $67.7 $58.9 YQ respectively on their system. But when searched together on their system, YQ jumps up to $580 for the 3. This is $160 more than the sum of the parts.
This isn't even considering the Japan fuel regulations which should trigger due to STOPOVER in Japan which cause YYZ-PEK-KIX to only have $210 YQ on AP website (in the breakdown).
RoninTech likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
stupid mini rtw question

is there any site that can show multiple business class availability to book my trip

for example i want to fly muc or fra to cpt next september but all i get is egypt air

can do zrh-tlv-add-jnb-perth-icn-zrh but i am very very flexible
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
a) how is this a rtw?
b) you can search united.com for other routings, but they have to fit Aeroplan MPM, otherwise whatever Aeroplan gives you.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
thats just the start

mia-fra-jnb-perth-icn-mia
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Same city airport changes on rtw

Does Aeroplan allow to arrive in one airport and depart form a nearby one ? Eg arrive jfk and depart ewr or arrive nrt and depart hnd?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ourwanderlust
Does Aeroplan allow to arrive in one airport and depart form a nearby one ? Eg arrive jfk and depart ewr or arrive nrt and depart hnd?
I recently flew into HND and out of NRT on a mRTW. No issues, not sure about JFK/EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.