Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
OK, so I've worked out a lovely itinerary... the only thing that's worrying me is that the AE site will not show me any option when I search for PER-DPS. PER-SIN and SIN-DPS turn up flights that would make for an easy connection, and they come up on the UA site as J saver awards, but nada on AE. Should I be concerned or is it just AE IT being AE IT?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Twickenham
OK, so I've worked out a lovely itinerary... the only thing that's worrying me is that the AE site will not show me any option when I search for PER-DPS. PER-SIN and SIN-DPS turn up flights that would make for an easy connection, and they come up on the UA site as J saver awards, but nada on AE. Should I be concerned or is it just AE IT being AE IT?
I think this is a result of PER-SIN-DPS being over the MPM for PER-DPS, so the search engine shows up nothing. But you should definitely be able to book it all together if the flights show up in separate searches.
Twickenham likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
My mRTW is in J, but ex-London I specifically chose Y, LCY-BUD, should be only $13 pounds per Adult ($21 CAD), and FREE for 2 kids, no?
--------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Passenger_Duty
BAND A (2,000 miles) = Ł13
--------------------------

Obviously I don't know if the agent actually calculated 0 APD for Kids, but $375 - $21, say $350/adult for everything else is strangely high considering I fly 90% in TK/BR/CA. Only segment with YQ should be LO's LCY-BUD?
Either way I may still suck it up and pay
CA incurs fuel surcharges now. Plus there's also the UK passenger service charge which is separate from APD and I think it's like 46 GBP. (Pulling up LON-BUD on ITA Matrix shows this.) Kids are supposed to have no APD and I think the Aeroplan website says something about calling in to get a refund on the APD for children after making the booking or something like that.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by flyer05
I think this is a result of PER-SIN-DPS being over the MPM for PER-DPS, so the search engine shows up nothing. But you should definitely be able to book it all together if the flights show up in separate searches.
OK, that makes sense... Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hello, I would like some help figuring out a 3 stop Asia redemption before they pull the plug end of the month.

I've done YYZ - ICN (Stop) - NRT (Stop) - TPE (Stop) - YYZ before, but I'm wondering if these might work also with YYZ as start & end:

1) a combination of OKA, CTS, ICN/TPE for 3 stops and in which order do I have to fly
2) a combination of ICN, CTS/OKA, TPE for 3 stops and also the order I need to do it

I only have 300,000 in points and want to redeem 4 tickets in Y. So am I correct that there's no one I can add LHR in there, for 1 stop in UK and 2 Asia stops?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Just in case someone else is wondering, I called in because it's relevant to me as I had originally wanted to fly a mRTW September 2020 buuuuuuut.

So if you book a flight August 31st 2019, your latest OUTBOUND has to be August 31st 2020, and your latest completed flight has to be August 31st 2021.

Now to calculate if the extra stop is worth 450CAD in change fees to allow me to do this in August-September 2020...
kalderlake and asovse1 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyer05
CA incurs fuel surcharges now. Plus there's also the UK passenger service charge which is separate from APD and I think it's like 46 GBP. (Pulling up LON-BUD on ITA Matrix shows this.) Kids are supposed to have no APD and I think the Aeroplan website says something about calling in to get a refund on the APD for children after making the booking or something like that.
Thanks
as luck would have it, the TPE-PVG-KIX BR/CA option is gone now, I'm left with OZ via ICN... gonna wait and see
Will also check CA YQ on short-haul

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Just in case someone else is wondering, I called in because it's relevant to me as I had originally wanted to fly a mRTW September 2020 buuuuuuut.

So if you book a flight August 31st 2019, your latest OUTBOUND has to be August 31st 2020, and your latest completed flight has to be August 31st 2021.

Now to calculate if the extra stop is worth 450CAD in change fees to allow me to do this in August-September 2020...
Probably not, especially if you can fly from destination to stop #2 for "cheap" (e.g. within Europe)
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
Originally Posted by nnanlno
Question. Is the mileage from GC mapper bang on? I have an itin in mind that's 12 miles over my 10977 MPM. Just wondering if there's any data points before I try calling, being held on hold, then wrestle with the agent.
Called in to confirm. Data point for anyone else that might be interested. The mileage Aeroplan calculated for my itinerary is pretty much the same as what GC mapper had, however, interestingly, the MPM for my route, HKG to YYZ specifically, was told to be around 11096 and not the 10977 Aeroplan website with the JavaScript method shown. When the agent told me I had an about 120 miles left, I was very surprised.
kalderlake and asovse1 like this.

Last edited by nnanlno; Aug 8, 2019 at 10:59 pm
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by nnanlno
Called in to confirm. Data point for anyone else that might be interested. The mileage Aeroplan calculated for my itinerary is pretty much the same as what GC mapper had, however, interestingly, the MPM for my route, HKG to YYZ specifically, was told to be around 11100-ish and not the 10977 Aeroplan website with the JavaScript method shown. When the agent told me I had an about 120 miles left, I was very surprised.
Good to know, thanks for the DP.

Re-posting my questions to see if anyone has any advice!
Anyone have any datapoints / info on SAS J availability flying from Europe TATL back to NA?
Been searching for mid-December and haven't found a thing.

Lots of LX so I'm happy to fly them again but thought trying a new product would be good.

Also wondering about either the CPT / JNB > IST route on TK J... Nothing showing there either. Connecting and flying a TK 737 for 6 hours from ADD - IST isn't ideal but might have to bite the bullet.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Good to know, thanks for the DP.

Re-posting my questions to see if anyone has any advice!
Anyone have any datapoints / info on SAS J availability flying from Europe TATL back to NA?
Been searching for mid-December and haven't found a thing.

Lots of LX so I'm happy to fly them again but thought trying a new product would be good.

Also wondering about either the CPT / JNB > IST route on TK J... Nothing showing there either. Connecting and flying a TK 737 for 6 hours from ADD - IST isn't ideal but might have to bite the bullet.
I always check https://travelhacks.azurewebsites.net/List for SK J availability
nnanlno and smuncky like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Any idea why for the past month Aeroplan hasn't been able to pull up the details of my upcoming mRTW reward? Should I be worried and call in?

When checking online, under "Your flight rewards" I no longer see the "details" button and hence can't see record locators for partner airlines. When checking in the app, it always gives me a technical issue...

No flight cancellations that I know of...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: hahaha
Does entering your booking reference info on AC.com or the app work?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by asovse1
Does entering your booking reference info on AC.com or the app work?
Air Canada tells me to use Aeroplan if I want to manage the flights. But it (and Turkish, and Singapore) show all flights are still good.

Air Canada shows a weird discrepancy in the TK66 flight though...see https://imgur.com/a/tWUQPds
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:14 am

Hi guys,

I checked on great circle mapper (not sure if i'm doing this correctly) and this routing seems valid. Could someone confirm this for me, that would be very helpful.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=yyz-yvr...rt-hnl-lax-yyz

yyz-yvr
yvr-lax
lax-tpe
tpe-bkk
bkk-sin
sin-syd (destination)
syd-sin
sin-bkk
bkk-nrt (stop)
nrt-hnl (stop)
hnl-lax
lax-yyz

My goal is to do Sydney, Tokyo and Honolulu, so if anyone see potential for these destination all in one trip, please help.

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by dealornot13
Hi guys,

I checked on great circle mapper (not sure if i'm doing this correctly) and this routing seems valid. Could someone confirm this for me, that would be very helpful.

Great Circle Mapper

yyz-yvr
yvr-lax
lax-tpe
tpe-bkk
bkk-sin
sin-syd (destination)
syd-sin
sin-bkk
bkk-nrt (stop)
nrt-hnl (stop)
hnl-lax
lax-yyz

My goal is to do Sydney, Tokyo and Honolulu, so if anyone see potential for these destination all in one trip, please help.

Thanks
I think you will be over the MPM for yyz-syd, which is approximately 15,540 miles, as per the wiki on this forum thread:
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)

Your GCMap is correct, and shows outbound of 16,294 mi, and inbound of 16,223 mi, both over by quite a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.