Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ibby
After a lot of back and forth, I think I’m getting ready to book this.

YYZ - LIS TAP
LIS - IST TK
IST - HAN TK STOP

HAN - SIN SQ
SIN - DPS SQ STOP

DPS - SIN SQ
SIN - PVC SQ
PVC -YYZ AC

Taxes $400 + $30 booking fee.

Thoughts on this? Not too excited about the AC leg but there doesn’t seem to be anything else available for the return leg.
I'm gonna guess that's PVG, not PVC? That's not too bad on taxes so I'd take the direct flight, yeah
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:49 am

It absolutely was, PVG, thank you!

Im not too excited about the AC 772. I’m quite tall and the last time I flew AC J (YVR-SYD) the foot wells were so small that my feet didn’t fit. I didn’t sleep at all because of it 🙁. Granted this was 5 years ago so I’m hoping this is going to be a roomier experience. YouTube begs to differ.

EDIT: Just noticed a new possibility on the return:

DPS-IST-ORD TK 787
ORD-YYZ

Might be a better option than flying on AC. Curious how much YQ will change.

Last edited by ibby; Jul 27, 2019 at 6:37 am
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:48 pm

Called to get YQ pricing and it looks to be able half. $215pp plus booking fee. Was really hoping TPE-YYZ would be available. Anybody know if seats on EVA can open up last minute?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ibby
....Was really hoping TPE-YYZ would be available. Anybody know if seats on EVA can open up last minute?
@ibby
As mentioned in the EVA thread, and from what I've seen for a while now, they are releasing at what seems to be T-4 days and not T-14.

Various mentions in this thread All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment
ibby likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:14 pm

Hey guys, just a quick question. Do phone agents have more leeway with MPM? say 5% more or so? I was checking on AE.com website and going over by 50 miles causes it to error out, so was curious of agents could override it (and of course pay the booking fee)
Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:28 pm

What? No.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:25 pm

Hi

Long time since I've been here.

Wondering if this would work under the new rules

YWG-ORD-FRA (stop)-SIN (dest)-SFO/Something-ORD-YWG in J. 4 seats, travel April 2020. Cannot book for a few months. Can't do any more stopovers.

Would this be 155k per seat? Suggested airlines or routings that would be available? Haven't looked at routing through Europe to Asia before on Star Alliance.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, ALL Diamond, WestJet Gold
A couple of questions for the experts here - I only recently "discovered" we were allowed stopovers, so still trying to sort out how it all works.

1) With the new rules, would there be any way for me to go (from YQM) to both the Maldives (MLE) and Bora Bora (in to PPT) on the same redemption?
2) Are stopovers ONLY permitted on return/multi city bookings? In other words, am I able to have a stopover booking a one way segment - so YQM > MLE > SYD?
3) Is there a time limit on stopovers?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
1. Assuming you're under MPM, yes
2. Yes, not permitted on one-ways
3. Only in the sense that you have 12 months to complete all travel. You can spend 8 months at a stopover and 1 day at the destination
Hoogaar likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Hoogaar
A couple of questions for the experts here - I only recently "discovered" we were allowed stopovers, so still trying to sort out how it all works.

1) With the new rules, would there be any way for me to go (from YQM) to both the Maldives (MLE) and Bora Bora (in to PPT) on the same redemption?
2) Are stopovers ONLY permitted on return/multi city bookings? In other words, am I able to have a stopover booking a one way segment - so YQM > MLE > SYD?
3) Is there a time limit on stopovers?
Your destination from YQM would be MLE and the MPM for that is 13395. I think you're going to have a very difficult time routing that via PPT and staying under 13395. mle-sin-akl-ppt-sfo-yul-yqm is about as direct a route as I can see (and would likely be *hard* to get) and it's over 17,000 miles so not allowed. Previously you could have added an Australian city as a destination and that would have made the mileage work more easily but that's not possible when the stops went from 3 to only 2.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by opentag
Your destination from YQM would be MLE and the MPM for that is 13395. I think you're going to have a very difficult time routing that via PPT and staying under 13395. mle-sin-akl-ppt-sfo-yul-yqm is about as direct a route as I can see (and would likely be *hard* to get) and it's over 17,000 miles so not allowed. Previously you could have added an Australian city as a destination and that would have made the mileage work more easily but that's not possible when the stops went from 3 to only 2.
Thanks so much for the reply. Yeah - that's what I am running into as well (way more than MPM) - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a loophole or misunderstanding something. When I discovered this 2 stopover thing, I started planning an epic honeymoon with points - Maldives, Australia/NZ adventure, and then Bora Bora. But then with these new changes seems I may need to scale it back a bit, or simply make Sydney or Auckland my destination (stop in Maldives on the way), and then a separate round trip to Bora Bora on points from there. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Thanks again for taking the time to confirm. Much appreciated!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Hoogaar
Thanks so much for the reply. Yeah - that's what I am running into as well (way more than MPM) - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a loophole or misunderstanding something. When I discovered this 2 stopover thing, I started planning an epic honeymoon with points - Maldives, Australia/NZ adventure, and then Bora Bora. But then with these new changes seems I may need to scale it back a bit, or simply make Sydney or Auckland my destination (stop in Maldives on the way), and then a separate round trip to Bora Bora on points from there. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Thanks again for taking the time to confirm. Much appreciated!
Since you're SE and have free changes, just book something now. YYZ-YOW in Y. It doesn't matter. It creates a PNR that will be eligible for two stopovers. Then when you're ready to "actually" book, call to change to the real itinerary.
WhisperjetYYZ likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Since you're SE and have free changes, just book something now. YYZ-YOW in Y. It doesn't matter. It creates a PNR that will be eligible for two stopovers. Then when you're ready to "actually" book, call to change to the real itinerary.
Wow - that's not a bad idea.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Do you think I could do that for travel in December 2020? Was thinking of an epic sabbatical, but limited by the September 1 changes. Not sure if the ticket can be changed for travel >1 year from "purchase".
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1
Do you think I could do that for travel in December 2020? Was thinking of an epic sabbatical, but limited by the September 1 changes. Not sure if the ticket can be changed for travel >1 year from "purchase".
I'm not sure about that.

On June 5 2019, I booked a ticket for travel from June 29 2019 through July 8 2019. I flew the outbound, and cancelled the return. The cancellation email says:

*Ticket Validity Date: June 29, 2020

You'll have one year from the date of original ticket issuance date to book another flight reward and commence travel.
Simply call the Aeroplan Contact Centre to re-book. A non-refundable change fee will apply.

*Partially Used Tickets are valid for travel within one year from the date of the first flown flight.
So it sounds like if you BEGIN flying within a year, you'll then have another year to rebook. But you have to take the first flight. But don't take my word for it.
asovse1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.